Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Breaker 2: Updates and Discussion

The biggest surprise is that the Double X update will be adding most of the "bonus weapons" included with the old 1/100 HG model: besides the standard beam rifle and beam sword, they're adding the twin beam sword, beam javelin, and G-hammer.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Lord Dearche

Aside from the add on units they showed months ago that we already know of, there's absolutely nothing new being added or planned for the game.

It's almost as if they just purposely took out those units, just to add them in later, week after week for the sake of having "updates" to coincide with Try hards airing schedule.
Xenosynth

You might be right but I don't think there's any sources that point to either way. I'd just rather be optimistic and speculate.
NastyNate

I never did pick up GB2. How did it turn out? Was there many improvments over the first, I mean not that the first was bad or anything. Do some of you folks still play it?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Lord Dearche

It was great. It pretty much improved every single aspect you could think of from the original.
AmuroNT1

Granted, GB2 still had some flaws - once you've gotten far enough it doesn't feel like there was enough content, there's no way they could include every Gunpla people could possibly want, it's a bit grind-heavy (as most Asian online games are) and there are a few minorly annoying aspects of the control system. But overall it's vastly superior to the original game, and I'd recommend it to anyone who was interested in the concept or was a fan of Gundam in general, Build Fighters in specific, or this Monster Hunter-esque style of game.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Outlaw

If I could say anything is worse about 2 it would be the targeting system. In B1 it rarely took me more than two swaps to get the target I wanted, and getting it in one was pretty common as well. In B2 it feels like they shifted from a proximity based targeting program (algorithm?) to a line of sight based one and it doesn't work quite as well. Or is it just me?

The difficulty also doesn't spike as high as B1 and when it does they pretty much use the same bag of tricks as the first one, e.g, damage sponges with high attack.

The grind is still there but I'd place it a notch just below B1 because it's generally steady progress towards your goal where as B1 it was more of an all or nothing situation.

Edit: As mentioned the amount of late/endgame content is also pretty much nonexistent.
Last edited by Outlaw on Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Blazer-X

Noir is up! And.... as disappointing as we pretty much already concluded. The backpack is kinda meh at best and the Dual Pistols are basically green version of GN Pistols. Fragach 3 still looks cool and I haven't gotten a chance to try the Dual Rifles yet. Though given what I've seen thus far, I am not too impressed.
Mimeblade

AmuroNT1 wrote:The biggest surprise is that the Double X update will be adding most of the "bonus weapons" included with the old 1/100 HG model: besides the standard beam rifle and beam sword, they're adding the twin beam sword, beam javelin, and G-hammer.
I am looking forward to using that Twin Beam Sword. You have no idea.

Green Beam Sabers just DO it for me. Especially if they're Twins.

Twin GN Buster Rifle
Twin GN Bazooka
Twin Green Beam Sword
Twin Dragon Heads
Twin Lance

Twin anything really! :mrgreen:

Also just my two cents, but grinding to level up parts is mitigated with some decent Gundam Music.

Also, you can't go wrong with listening to Ikaruga's OST while playing Gundam Breaker 2!

Oh, and just a tip about the targeting system in GB2: If you're getting "distracted" by all the Gun Turrets during Team Battles, just turn off your targeting with L2 button (I think that's the button), and turn it back on whenever you see a fresh target spawn. The battle map also helps.
Mimeblade

Does anyone have info on the item drops from DLC missions? Like what materials/CADs drop?

I'm just wondering if there are alternate places to get certain CADs and if they're easier or not.
AmuroNT1

The only place to get the CADs for DLC Gunpla is from their respective DLC missions, and you get one per play-through (provided you get an A-rank). So whatever you want, you're gonna have to grind for it.

But I can tell you what the DLC CADs actually create:
Gundam F91 Weapons Base: Beam Rifle (F91), Beam Launcher, Beam Saber (F91)
Gundam GP03 Stamen Weapons Base: Folding Bazooka, Folding Shield
Tallgeese III Weapons Base: Megacannon
Cherudim Gundam Weapons Base: GN Sniper Rifle II, GN Beam Pistol IIs
Strike Noir Weapons Base: Beam Rifle Shorty, 57mm High-Energy Beam Rifles (Double Rifle), Fragrach 3 Beam Blades
Gundam Nataku Weapons Base: Twin Beam Trident
Infinite Justice Weapons Base: MA-M1911 High-Energy Beam Rifle, Beam Carry Shield
Gundam Double X Weapons Base: DX-Exclusive Buster Rifle, Hyper Beam Sword, Twin Beam Sword, Hyper Javelin, G-Hammer, Defense Plate

Mimeblade

I was thinking more along the lines of what "other" CADs drop besides the A-Rank DLC drops that are listed. I know that Strike Noir can sometimes drop GN Sword II CADs and I think Stargazer can drop Anti-Ship Sword CADs but that's about all I know.

Also seems some missions drop Ability and Mastery Patch I, II, and III's.
WreckFlair

Anyone still playing this? I picked it up last week and have been running through missions, but I feel lonely not understanding anything in the dialogue. Are most of you guys online with the JP PSN server?

Let's be Zaku buddies.
Lord Dearche

There's no regional servers for the game, just the one single world wide ones. You can play the game on any account, regardless of it's region.
Mimeblade

Official Wiki for this hasn't updated info for DLC missions, so I'm wondering where I can get a list of all the abilities associated with DLC weapons/parts?

Also, I know this isn't exactly an appropriate question but I don't know where to ask it: Does anyone know if there is any Gundam Breaker 1 or GB2 audio rips out there? I liked the music from the first game, so I wondered where I could get it, if at all.
Raikoh

Mimeblade wrote:Official Wiki for this hasn't updated info for DLC missions, so I'm wondering where I can get a list of all the abilities associated with DLC weapons/parts?

Also, I know this isn't exactly an appropriate question but I don't know where to ask it: Does anyone know if there is any Gundam Breaker 1 or GB2 audio rips out there? I liked the music from the first game, so I wondered where I could get it, if at all.
I'm a bit too lazy to go over all of them, but there's the Resource Thread. DLC parts, to the best of my knowledge, are unique to their missions (i.e. you can get all the Strike Noir parts in the missions where Strike Noir shows up).
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Mimeblade

Hate to ask but does anyone know if there's going to ever be a sequel? I'd certainly play it.
Xenosynth

I mean, 2 did even better than 1 did from what I read, and 1's sequel got greenlit pretty fast. Might just be putting more time between, idk.
AmuroNT1

Also, I'd love to help out with information, but I left my guide book back in Alabama when I came back home. I didn't think I'd need it since the game's community is pretty much dead.

Mimeblade

It's not really "dead" so much as on the opposite end of the world. Meaning you have to get up early or stay up late to play other players.

GameFAQs has a lot of info on GB2 now, weapon abilities, where material drops, that sort of thing.