Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Breaker 2: Updates and Discussion

I think Babelfish went paid-only, or at least "crappy translation unless you're willing to pay".
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Site updated.

New additions:
X Divider box was shown, though clicking on detail shows Gundam X.
Full 00 Seven Sword/G is in.
Hi-Nu's saber is in (It wasn't in the first.) Same with its bazooka (which was also missing). No word on the beam rifle though.
Heavyarms EW shows Altron EW parts.
Epyon has two heat rods, the hand held one, as well as one attached to its shield.
Dom actually has its back mounted saber.
Nu Gundam has its back mounted Bazooka (most likely an option attack, as it's also holding the normal bazooka.)
Geara Doga has shield mounted grenades.

All these shield add ons indicate that shields will actually have a function besides blocking. In Breaker 1, besides the gatling shields, no shields had any option parts or anything like that.

Also, all units that have decals normally on them (Sinanju Shield, Crossbone X1 chest, Denan Zon chest) have them off by default, to allow you to better customize them.
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:Site updated.

New additions:
X Divider box was shown, though clicking on detail shows Gundam X.
Full 00 Seven Sword/G is in.
Hi-Nu's saber is in (It wasn't in the first.) Same with its bazooka (which was also missing). No word on the beam rifle though.
Heavyarms EW shows Altron EW parts.
Epyon has two heat rods, the hand held one, as well as one attached to its shield.
Dom actually has its back mounted saber.
Nu Gundam has its back mounted Bazooka (most likely an option attack, as it's also holding the normal bazooka.)
Geara Doga has shield mounted grenades.

All these shield add ons indicate that shields will actually have a function besides blocking. In Breaker 1, besides the gatling shields, no shields had any option parts or anything like that.

Also, all units that have decals normally on them (Sinanju Shield, Crossbone X1 chest, Denan Zon chest) have them off by default, to allow you to better customize them.
This game is looking better and better. Glad Nataku's arms are in, with the rest of the suit most likely to follow. Am hoping Heavyarms gets its two double Gatling guns too.

Very excited about 00 Seven Swords. And its shield beign added. The way its mixed and matched there reminds me of how much fun I have with Robot Spirit of 00 Gundam.

Hi Nu's Bazooka honestly looked like Nu's, even in color, but I could be wrong. Also, unless it has two rifles, Hi Nu's Mega Beam Rifle was already in GB1.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

The Mega Beam Rifle in 1 was actually the Nu Gundam HWS rifle.

Hi-Nu's is just a normal sized rifle.

The bazooka though, you are right. Hi-Nu uses the same bazooka as the Nu, just recolored. I didn't realize that. However with the ability to color weapons, you can 'make' the Hi-Nu's bazooka.
Outlaw

So the gatling platform seen in the Dengeki article actually seems to be a Skiure fitted with a triple gatling (thank you Kos-Mos) instead of a beam cannon. Is this some obscure variant I've never heard of or is it likely something they made up for the game?
I shudder with delight at the mere hint that this may mean we might be able to customize support units.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
InjuredPelican

I noticed in Epyon's screenshots that it is using a heatrod in its right hand and the heat rod in its shield, which confirms two things: its shield does have heat rod as an option attack, which is great. And it can duel wield heat rods, which is interesting. I'm kind of surprised they kept its handheld heat rod.

Another thing it makes me wonder though, is it looks like its using both at the same time. So does that also mean that option parts can be used in combos with melee attacks? That would be really cool, and make for much more fluid gameplay.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

Yeah, with all the random new options on shields and older units (Dom and Dom Tropen backpacks), I'm REALLY hoping they are more than just the uppercuts and whatnot that the option sabers were before. Having them fix into actual combos would be awesome.
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:Yeah, with all the random new options on shields and older units (Dom and Dom Tropen backpacks), I'm REALLY hoping they are more than just the uppercuts and whatnot that the option sabers were before. Having them fix into actual combos would be awesome.
I remember being so exited about option attacks in GB1, and then they are all the same... Except the update gave us far more variety, with Turn A, Destiny, and ZZ having very distinct saber option parts, so looking forward to GB2's improvements on that. One thing I really wish is that vulcan guns were actually useful. In games like GVS series they did minimal damage but you could always move while firing them, I think if they allowed that in GB2 the vulcans would be good. Or being able to mix them into melee combos or something.
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn0CdCyzKhI

They had one extra frame. Like, literally one compared to the other PVs.

http://puu.sh/c48Q7/9aae239c70.png

Gafran and Tallgeese.
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn0CdCyzKhI

They had one extra frame. Like, literally one compared to the other PVs.

http://puu.sh/c48Q7/9aae239c70.png

Gafran and Tallgeese.
Nice find. It really was just 1 frame (I checked)! Tallgeese! Hope it gets the head for Tallgeese II and the Tallgeese III parts too. I wonder, will its boosters be attached to its arms, like how the GP02 works? I imagine combining Turn A's legs, a booster backpack, and booster arms should make a very fast mobile suit that's good at flying.
-Loran Cehack
YokozunaBulldozer

They should have a Big Zam as a boss that spews all these chibi SD Big Zams.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Xenosynth

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzeZ7LzCcAAEC7F.jpg

Newest Twitter picture! And this time it wasn't just boxart of units we already know are in!

Looks like the twinrads are in, as well as the Adrastea as a boss. Breaker on Motorcycles basically.
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzeZ7LzCcAAEC7F.jpg

Newest Twitter picture! And this time it wasn't just boxart of units we already know are in!

Looks like the twinrads are in, as well as the Adrastea as a boss. Breaker on Motorcycles basically.
Adrastea? I see what is apparently a giant Victory Gundam... what a weird picture! Even for this game. But giant Victory for a boss is cool.
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

If I'm not mistaken, that's an Adrastea in the background, one of the victory motorcycle ships. Also, don't forget, that might be an MG victory. That, and that Breaker 1 actually wasn't exact with the sizes (The Wing stuff was just a bit bigger than it should have been, for instance.)
AmuroNT1

This Wednesday at 10 PM, I'll be streaming some of the original Gundam Breaker in order to show off what the game is about and to try and drum up interest for the sequel. The stream will be on www.twitch.tv/AmuroNT1 and www.hitbox.tv/AmuroNT1.

I'd like to note that while I'm not averse to doing some online play with people who have the game, the main intent wasn't for this to be a full-fledged group gaming session like with SoulBro's ExVs nights. This is technically supposed to be part of my "Robot Runback" series where I examine mecha games that didn't get a lot of attention for one reason or another. If people want to do a full session for this game, we can set something up in the future; I'm sure there'll be a group for the sequel.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Website had a box art update.

They said there was a mistake with some of the box art used. They changed:

Astray Red Frame Kai > Red Frame (To reflect that the Kai parts were removed).
Wing Zero > Wing Proto-Zero
X Divider > Gundam X

They also changed some of the screenshots to better reflect the MS:
Heavyarms EW Profile is now just Heavyarms EW, no Altron EW (Or Nataku as some people still call it) arms.
00 Gundam is now JUST 00 Gundam, the 7 Swords parts were removed.
Unicorn has an added picture now.

Basically I think whoever put together the MS Page was doing it quickly and sleepily? That's the only explanation I can think of for the screwed up boxart, the missing screenshots on some (Such as Unicorn), and the mixed up parts on 00 Gundam and Heavyarms. That, and they probably realized when they would be updating the MS pages, that they could put a slot for the 00 Raiser and 00 Seven Sword for completeness, and if Divider is in, that putting its box art on the normal Gundam X would be silly. Basically it's all for clarifications though. There's nothing else new on the site besides that, and this doesn't really change a thing on my front page. Just something to keep track of.

Edit:
Also, the websites had some updates with the bosses, it shows the Sword Impulse's double sided blades, so that's a further hint besides the decals that it will be in.
YokozunaBulldozer

Xenosynth wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzeZ7LzCcAAEC7F.jpg

Sweet Odin's rage. THAT BIKE?!

Oh how I hated that one in Super Robot Wars :lol:
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Xenosynth

Incorrect assumption.
Last edited by Xenosynth on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/063/4 ... b41aff.jpg

GM Sniper II Confirmed, missed the image set in my earlier post.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201410/14063469.html
Its hard to make out cause of the colors, but the Impulse's double anti-ship swords are in this screenshot(s):
http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/063/4 ... fd79b9.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/063/4 ... 77d2f7.jpg

That makes me very happy!

I cannot for the life of me figure out what these beams are though: http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/063/4 ... 21bee4.jpg
They seem to be remote weapons of some kind, but I don't recognize them.

Jagd Doga is confirmed in 3 other screenshots.

@Xenosynth: What do you mean by size limit?
-Loran Cehack