Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Xenosynth

Re: Gundam Breaker 2: Updates and Discussion

I dunno, looking at the right side of the page that I linked, it seems to indicate that perfect strike, hygogg, and beargguy will only be in 1/144th scale. I'd need someone to translate it a bit better.

And yeah, saw the impulse swords, just didn't update my front page since I already had it in the decal section as a possibility, didn't wanna have it in two sections haha. Jagd Doga has been confirmed since the PV though, it showed its arms.

As for the 'beams,' to me they look more like the Big Zam's toe rockets maybe?
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:I dunno, looking at the right side of the page that I linked, it seems to indicate that perfect strike, hygogg, and beargguy will only be in 1/144th scale. I'd need someone to translate it a bit better.

And yeah, saw the impulse swords, just didn't update my front page since I already had it in the decal section as a possibility, didn't wanna have it in two sections haha. Jagd Doga has been confirmed since the PV though, it showed its arms.

As for the 'beams,' to me they look more like the Big Zam's toe rockets maybe?
Oh, I thought i remembered NOT seeing Impulse's decals. I'm happy to be wrong though.

Toe rockets... oh, Gundam, sometimes you make me laugh...
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

InjuredPelican wrote:I cannot for the life of me figure out what these beams are though: http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/063/4 ... 21bee4.jpg
They seem to be remote weapons of some kind, but I don't recognize them.
Those are the Big Zam's "toe" missiles.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
InjuredPelican

Looking at this image: http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/063/4 ... 33aeb5.jpg and comparing it to a figure I have, its clear that its using the Impulse anti-ship swords in a dual mode, rather than double-bladed. I wonder if this means there will be two versions of the weapon, or if it just alternates between styles of attacks. If there are multiple versions of weapons this time, perhaps we might get a double version of Proto-Zero's buster rifle, and other alternate versions of weapons. Just something that piqued my interest.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

Woo, newest Twitter Box is actually a new MS rather than one we've known, Akatsuki confirmed! Uses the Oowashi box.
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:Woo, newest Twitter Box is actually a new MS rather than one we've known, Akatsuki confirmed! Uses the Oowashi box.
You have a link to their twitter account?
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

https://twitter.com/GundamBreaker

Edit: And today's is another new one, Gelgoog Jager!
Xenosynth

http://gb.ggame.jp/ms/ms_page01.php

Another update. Sorry for the double post but this one also was going to have a theory attached:

Theory:
Spoiler
Options are now not just one hit things, especially for melee weapons. Look carefully at the Alex's image. It has the backpack beam sabers equipped, complete with the backpack actually having them off, but it's not swinging them like the 1-hit options. Another thing I noticed:
http://puu.sh/cjqQs/81da1ce3c3.png

Look carefully at the backpack of the heavyarms in it's old picture that they now replaced. It has the Beam Gatling actually back mounted. Look at it in it's current one on the above page then. You'll notice it is wielding it without it being on the backpack. Even more weird though?

http://puu.sh/cjqVA/5e58b05f88.png

It has a backmounted and equippable one. This means to me that either you can equip the mounted weapons instead of just using them as options, OR they overhauled options weapons so that you can switch to using them as primary. (So for instance, you can equip a beam rifle as your main, then use the heavyarms EW backpack, and switch to the beam gatling by selecting it as an option, same with, say, the Alex backpack and melee weapons). So you could effectively have multiple ranged/melee weapons. This would also be viable because there are no more weapon affinities, so you can use multiple weapons without any one class being best. The equipped melee weapons might have unique combos that the generic weapon categories don't have, which would be what would make them more desirable as equippable weapons. For instance: God Slashes have a lot of special movements/combos in the anime, but in the game they were just double sabers. Now, they removed them as generic double sabers and, as part of my theory, made them swappable weapons that have unique combos. They just require you to use the part they are mounted on. This would also solve the problem for animations, like the Heavyarms Jackknife. If it's only equippable as an option weapon, they could give it unique combos and the animations would also be able to be the same, due to you having to use the heavyarms-arms to use it.

This is only a theory but I think that it fits the screenshot evidence we've seen. It's one of the simplest ways we can explain the Heavyarms and Alex backpacks being the way they are in the screenshots.

Edit: Another example of a backpack equippable weapon being wielded: Perfect Strike Gundam. Look at its backpack in the action image versus the still image. It actually is wielding the Anti-Ship sword from the backpack, which kinda throws a bit more weight to my theory. The ZZ is also wielding a hyper beam saber from its backpack (And not swinging it but holding it like a normal weapon), the RX-78-2 holding its backpack saber too. So basically, a lot of units are holding their supposed 'option' weapons from the first game as actual weapons with actual stances instead of just doing an upward swing or 1 hit move from the first game.

Also they screwed up again. Just like they accidentally gave the 00 Gundam the 7 Sword parts, and heavyarms the altron arms, they accidentally gave the perfect strike the launcher strike arms. Which actually proves that the Aile/Launcher/Sword are all still in separately (Since for some godforsaken reason some people thought that the Perfect would completely replace it.)

TL;DR Version:
Spoiler
Evidence points to option weapons that are handheld being swappable with your main weapons (Backpack Sabers, etc). Handheld options would likely have unique combos for melee ones (Explains why God Slash, Build Strike Saber, etc were removed. They are in the game, just as alternate main weapons equippable through options.)

Anyway, yeah. Still just a theory though and could be completely off. But I feel it adequately explains three problems: The mounted weapons now being handheld in some screenshots, the fact that some parts from the first game aren't returning, and how weapons like the heavyarms jackknife that would need very unique animations would work.
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:http://gb.ggame.jp/ms/ms_page01.php

Another update. Sorry for the double post but this one also was going to have a theory attached:

Theory:
Spoiler
Options are now not just one hit things, especially for melee weapons. Look carefully at the Alex's image. It has the backpack beam sabers equipped, complete with the backpack actually having them off, but it's not swinging them like the 1-hit options. Another thing I noticed:
http://puu.sh/cjqQs/81da1ce3c3.png

Look carefully at the backpack of the heavyarms in it's old picture that they now replaced. It has the Beam Gatling actually back mounted. Look at it in it's current one on the above page then. You'll notice it is wielding it without it being on the backpack. Even more weird though?

http://puu.sh/cjqVA/5e58b05f88.png

It has a backmounted and equippable one. This means to me that either you can equip the mounted weapons instead of just using them as options, OR they overhauled options weapons so that you can switch to using them as primary. (So for instance, you can equip a beam rifle as your main, then use the heavyarms EW backpack, and switch to the beam gatling by selecting it as an option, same with, say, the Alex backpack and melee weapons). So you could effectively have multiple ranged/melee weapons. This would also be viable because there are no more weapon affinities, so you can use multiple weapons without any one class being best. The equipped melee weapons might have unique combos that the generic weapon categories don't have, which would be what would make them more desirable as equippable weapons. For instance: God Slashes have a lot of special movements/combos in the anime, but in the game they were just double sabers. Now, they removed them as generic double sabers and, as part of my theory, made them swappable weapons that have unique combos. They just require you to use the part they are mounted on. This would also solve the problem for animations, like the Heavyarms Jackknife. If it's only equippable as an option weapon, they could give it unique combos and the animations would also be able to be the same, due to you having to use the heavyarms-arms to use it.

This is only a theory but I think that it fits the screenshot evidence we've seen. It's one of the simplest ways we can explain the Heavyarms and Alex backpacks being the way they are in the screenshots.

Edit: Another example of a backpack equippable weapon being wielded: Perfect Strike Gundam. Look at its backpack in the action image versus the still image. It actually is wielding the Anti-Ship sword from the backpack, which kinda throws a bit more weight to my theory. The ZZ is also wielding a hyper beam saber from its backpack (And not swinging it but holding it like a normal weapon), the RX-78-2 holding its backpack saber too. So basically, a lot of units are holding their supposed 'option' weapons from the first game as actual weapons with actual stances instead of just doing an upward swing or 1 hit move from the first game.

Also they screwed up again. Just like they accidentally gave the 00 Gundam the 7 Sword parts, and heavyarms the altron arms, they accidentally gave the perfect strike the launcher strike arms. Which actually proves that the Aile/Launcher/Sword are all still in separately (Since for some godforsaken reason some people thought that the Perfect would completely replace it.)

TL;DR Version:
Spoiler
Evidence points to option weapons that are handheld being swappable with your main weapons (Backpack Sabers, etc). Handheld options would likely have unique combos for melee ones (Explains why God Slash, Build Strike Saber, etc were removed. They are in the game, just as alternate main weapons equippable through options.)

Anyway, yeah. Still just a theory though and could be completely off. But I feel it adequately explains three problems: The mounted weapons now being handheld in some screenshots, the fact that some parts from the first game aren't returning, and how weapons like the heavyarms jackknife that would need very unique animations would work.
That would be pretty cool, but I think I'll need to see some videos before I subscribe to it.

I do like the updates though. Bearguy really is pretty ugly though...
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

It'd be cool, but at the same time perhaps they're just making it so weapons store on the backpack when they aren't being used, like Heavyarms putting up its Gatling when it goes to melee.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Xenosynth

But the problem with that, is in the Heavyarms image I provided here... he's not only using his gatling, but has the backpack gatling on at the same time.
AmuroNT1

Hrm. Well, maybe they added Heavyarms' Gatling to the backpack as an option weapon, like the Launcher Strike's Agni or Destiny's long-range cannon.

Xenosynth

The problem with that is the other picture where he is holding it. The screenshots look like in-game images. Option weapons in Breaker 1 always do some sort of attack, and yet, for all the 'option' mounted weapons, they have default standing poses most of the time, rather than a swing or whatever, hence my theory.
AmuroNT1

But it IS possible to have a backpack-mounted version of a weapon at the same time as a handheld version; just look at Destiny's Arondight sword, or the Powered GM Cardigan on the GB2 website.

What I notice is that in a lot of these stills, the Gunpla are shown dual-wielding beam sabers even if that's not something they ordinarily did. Maybe that has something to do with the reason they nixed the God Slashes between games.

Xenosynth

I dunno, it's just that in a few screenshots, it's using the option weapons quite differently. Look at, for instance, the stance the ZZ is using with its Hyper Beam Saber, that is removed from the backpack. That's mainly why I'm sticking with my theory about them different kinds of options that are equippable fully rather than a one hit attack.
Xenosynth

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201410/23063923.html

Seems scratch is now completely different. It now has:
Level Up (In the crafting window it shows a type of plastic being combined to level it up.)
Ability Version Up (It did have lance mastery, so it now seems that instead of a stat, mobile suits now have abilities, and I really hope it just extends beyond weapon masteries)
And Develop. I think after actually looking develop is kinda like in the G-Gen games when you level up your MS and can change them into new ones. It appears Denan Zon's head can become either GN-X or Crossbone X1 head.

Translations would be welcome though since I can't fully read it!
InjuredPelican

Looks like we got all the Wing units for sure now, or at least the EW remakes of the TV versions. Interesting.
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

For the most part. The missing Wing Units (as of yet unknown) are:
Wing Gundam EW Version (Only the wings were in Breaker 1. I'm pretty sure it'll be in, since I don't think they are going to leave ANY partials anymore.)

Deathscythe EW

Heavyarms Kai EW

Sandrock Kai EW

Not including the TV versions, since the only TV suit they will likely have is TV Wing Gundam, since that's the only one with a modern recent model.

Altron EW is sort of up in the air since we technically only saw it's arms, and they MAY go for some partials, but I am pretty sure that it's gonna be in.
AmuroNT1

I think they might still do some partials, since for example, the only difference between Shenlong EW and Altron EW is color, main weapon, and arms. They specifically said they weren't going to bloat the parts list with near-clones like they did last game (such as the Zaku Minelayer legs).

InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:For the most part. The missing Wing Units (as of yet unknown) are:
Wing Gundam EW Version (Only the wings were in Breaker 1. I'm pretty sure it'll be in, since I don't think they are going to leave ANY partials anymore.)

Deathscythe EW

Heavyarms Kai EW

Sandrock Kai EW

Not including the TV versions, since the only TV suit they will likely have is TV Wing Gundam, since that's the only one with a modern recent model.

Altron EW is sort of up in the air since we technically only saw it's arms, and they MAY go for some partials, but I am pretty sure that it's gonna be in.
Wing EW was confirmed in one of the trailers. Its model kit box was shown amongst many others.
-Loran Cehack