Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
yazi88

Re: Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Yeah... looks like I'm going for the english version too....
Outlaw

Had I heard about it sooner I would probably have held out for the english version also. As of now, however, my hype is in its terminal phase and, I just couldn't wait the extra 3-4 months. I might get a digital copy one day if it's cheap, and if hell froze and an NA release happened I would obviously get it to support more localization.

That, and I already preordered my copy, as well as my bros'.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Mimeblade

When you say "English" do you mean everything is in English, or just the story subs?

Last time I saw the Asian version of GB2, I heard it had English subs for the story, but still had Chinese characters for parts and materials.
Xenosynth

Screenshots confirmed stats, effects, everything to be translated.

Secondary note:

https://twitter.com/NT_Xeno

I rambled about it on twitter but they showed a new gameplay thing. Some highlights included:

Moonlight Butterfly equipped w/ no Turn A parts, so Burst Actions may have looser requirements.

Big Gun being a summonable burst action.

Weapons now have 2 distinct ex-acts that can each get an upgrade, instead of just 1 + 1 upgrade.

You can now equip 4 ex-acts.

Fuunsaiki kick is an option part that has the best icon ever.
AmuroNT1

You know, it always bugged me that the Pale Rider's shield (which was really just the GM Striker's spike shield) didn't have a shield bash function, considering it was specifically designed to do just that.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Only a few more tidbits of news:
Variants of the Hazel head (One with, one without the sensor), and the Zudah's head (Command antennae/no antennae versions) are in. Fuunsaiki's head is also confirmed.

Also the video sessions on the main site are pretty hilarious. That's where I grabbed this list from. They also show plenty of other cool things in the videos, such as using the moonlight butterfly w/o needing turn a parts.
AmuroNT1

Just wanted to remark, some people I know already have the game. Some of the things that have been said:
-Missions are almost too long now; one person said it takes him about an hour to do a single mission and customize his Gunpla afterwards.
-There's a part called "Kenpo-Use MS Hand" which allows you to use Martial Arts with ANY Gunpla's arms, not just Mobile Fighters and Red Frame; the downside is that obviously you don't have access to things like the Shining Finger if you do.
-There's an insane level of customization; you can make a Zaku II with a Psychoframe, VPS Armor, and Deuterion Batteries.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Xenosynth

tbh the missions feel about as long as Breaker 2's for me? But that's just me, and I've been in a co-op lobby.

The game basically feels better than Breaker 2 in a ton of ways, so far reception in our discord chat has been great, even by those who never played a Breaker game. The separate hands for the wrestling and martial arts being on any suit is great, and the way they handled parts scaling is SO MUCH BETTER for customizing, so instead of feeling bad for using low-mid tier suits, all suits are basically in the same tier, and you can transfer abilities. Only Ex-Acts and Burst Actions are somewhat limited to parts, but otherwise it feels great using any parts. Been posting a ton of images over on my twitter, the posing is great! We've been playing nonstop since release haha

also we've spent literally over 70% of our time customizing instead of missions. We've been playing nearly 7 hours and only have done 7 missions (though that's because we've spent so much time customizing, to the point where we are thinking of enacting the '5 stages per customization' rule.)

A lot of weapons also have more unique animations. Gerbera Straight now has an issen and other katana styled movements
AmuroNT1

I was randomly wondering, is the Martial Art used still Bajiquan or did they change it up?

Rex

The English version. If I get this would it work for a PS4 purchased stateside?
AmuroNT1

Well, yes. The main issue with past console generations was the region coding for DVDs. But at this point most producers don't care; the only PS3 games where region coding is in effect are the Persona 4 Arena games and a Japanese karaoke game.

Also, question for Dylan: I know the game has more paint patterns, as evidenced by Kirin's American Flag paint job. I just want to know, is there a checkerboard pattern?

AmuroNT1

Oh man, those Musha Mk-II horns being an option item have given me an idea...

http://www.asiaotp.com/wp-content/uploa ... 837449.jpg

Outlaw

Thoughts on Breaker 3:

- The curbstomp/finisher has been substantially upgraded. Doing either ludicrous damage or simply being an outright kill.
- The Titus Arms' combo attack is very good at breaking enemy parts. See point 1.
- All guns can lock on or free aim, no more being forced with snipers or gattlings.
- I was actually surprised that a weapon's alt fire can vary. I had an Alex rifle with charge shot and one with rapid fire. Neat-o
- Bounty mode is a great way to hunt down specific parts.
- Between variable special encounters and hot spots, missions have a bit more replayability.
- Some of the heads I've used look really plasticy, in a negative way.
Does anybody know a slider combination that can bring out the panel lines more?
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
AmuroNT1

I've heard that if you level up a parts-dependant EX-Act enough, you can use it without actually needing those parts anymore. For example, I know someone who's got Quantum Burst with God Gundam's chest, and was working to learn Build Burning's Seisou Geri last I checked.

Outlaw

Quick new tidbit:
It seems going into free aim mode provides a bonus to damage. I'm not sure if it's an ability or specific to weapon types, but it works with the Zudah sniper rifle I have, but doesn't seem to with the Alex's rifle.
Xenosynth

Little thing I noticed: 0081's logo appears on the sort list, but the FA 7th is not yet in the game. So future DLC more than likely?
Mimeblade

I'm at a point in this game where Extreme basically pits you against 4 Aces at a crack... and I'm playing offline... it's ridiculous now. Even Bounty Hunter wasn't this hard.

I'm guessing I need to backtrack and just continue leveling up my parts to get stronger.
TakemiS

HI All,

New member Takemi.

Eh first off I have a question(s).

How do I farm enough cash to upgrade parts.. I mean possible to stack cash.. like doing the same mission multiple times ie. 20k x5 or how

eh it seems that the cash doesn't stack or isit just me?
Xenosynth

Bounty Hunter mode is how I get cash. At this point usually everyone 1-2 goes I get at least one 400k token and that coupled with the bonus is enough to get a few parts to 30.