Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

It's also the same release date as Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite...
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mu La Flaga

And I think alot of people will be putting their money on that over MCVI.
There's lot of other games vying for time and/or money.

I have no idea when Australian release date is due, but will have to see.
Gelgoog Jager wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:10 am
AmuroNT1 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:38 am I still feel like this game is worth a launch purchase unless there's some outside factor hampering your spending money. Sure, some of the omissions are annoying, but the beauty of a game with almost 100 characters to choose from is that there's bound to be something that tickles your fancy. You can actively search for one, or you can just play a few rounds with Random Select and see what pops up. Personally speaking, I didn't go into Full Boost expecting to develop a fondness for units like the Banshee and Messala, but here we are now.
Personally, while I did liked Federation VS Zeon and Gundam VS Zeta Gundam, I don't quite like what Gundam Versus seems to have become.

My favorite Gundam games are the ones with original story, including games like Zeonic Front, 0081 and Side Stories/Missing Link. Even Gundam Battle Operation for PS3 was enjoyable for the assymetrical competition due to giving different MS to each faction (EF & Zeon). I particularly loved the scenario mode added late into the game, which involved recreations of significant UC battles and more often than not each side was given a preset group of MS that differed a lot from what the other side had.

On the other hand, I didn't like the "sequel" (if you can even call it that), Battle Operation Next, which threw away the factions and essentially battles were just a random mix without any context that made sense.

I basically played GBO during most of its lifespan, but I stopped playing GBON not after long. Gundam Versus seems to also lack any context for its battles.

In that respect, Ex VS Force at least seemed to follow the UC part of the game quite well, even having a bunch of additional MAs, ships, grunts and even some distinct drone like units for capturing bases (for instance, the Asshimar) for adding more context to the missions.

At this time I can honestly say I'm more glad that Ex VS Force was localized than Gundam Versus, and would rather see more game alike the former, which at least in part followed up on what the original games (EF VS Zeon and G VS ZG) did which I liked.

That being said, what's I would like the most to see are games like 0081 and Side Stories/Missing Link being localized instead of the Versus series.
You know you have a fair point in the aspect of wanting a little something out of some of the games, but to be fair the VS series is regarded for it's great gameplay of PVP.
In some earlier entries the games DID give story and all to mess with but as the series rooster ballooned gigantically you can't really do that.

So why not play to it's strengths more then its flaws?

Also look at DW Gundam and how they've attempted story when it comes to these big crossover type scenarios, it's a big juggling act usually.

If sometimes they pull of something interesting that's another story.

That's just my thoughts on that stuff.
ZeonsSilverStar

AmuroNT1 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:22 pm It's also the same release date as Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite...
Well I guess that tears it for me. Black Panther or not I'm going to have to go with Gundam Vs. Though I kinda wish the wait was a little longer since I'm also buying the Japanese release.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Mu La Flaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5wcLNWx0ms
So I got this earlier in a Discord chat, it's apparently an update but since I don't know Japanese.
Does anyone know what the new things are curiously?
AmuroNT1

1) Rank Match has been enabled.
2) Boss Survival added to Ultimate Battle Mode.
3) Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulties added to Ultimate Battle Mode.
4) A chance to unlock new units like Barbatos Lupus and Virtue in Extra Battle.
5) New missions that include DLC characters added to Trial Battle Mode.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

AmuroNT1

Maxi Boost ON is getting a couple of updates: Firstly they're adding the G-Self Perfect Pack, secondly they're modifying the 00 Seven Swords/G's moveset to include the modified GN Sword II Blaster gimmick seen in the recently released Metal Build figure.

Mu La Flaga

Interesting stuff going on with Maxi Boost, one day it'll get a port.
In the meantime can hope we get the missing series and some units for Gundam Versus.

Otherwise the line up is still going to seem kind of incomplete to me.
AmuroNT1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc1A0VDHRWs

Preview video of the G-Self Perfect Pack.

ZeonsSilverStar

Well now I'm jealous. I freaking love the Perfect Pack and I hope its inclusion leads to other late series suits, namely the Kabakali and G-Lucifer.
Xenosynth

Maxi is not getting a port, nor should it to be honest. The game balance has been rather broken for some time, as was evidenced by Premium Dogfight. Gundam Versus is meant as the successor to Maxi Boost, including the engine AND system changes, so clinging onto some hope of a console port of Maxi Boost on is a bit weird.

Cast Resets happen all the time, as happened with Next+ to Extreme Versus Vanilla.

The irony is that Gundam Versus actually has some of the strongest starting lineup in terms of numbers and unit variety, regardless of how much people are unhappy the series they like isn't in it.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if the Perfect Pack was coming to Versus after we get Virtue at the end of this month.
ZeonsSilverStar

MBON did have its issues from what I've read but it doesn't stop people from hating GVS for not being it.

Gamefaqs is claiming that the next wave of DLC has been leaked via some Japanese forum. As always take with a grain of salt.

Baund Doc
Pale Rider (Ground Type)
G-Self Perfect Pack
Gundam Gusion Rebake
Perfect Strike Gundam
Mu La Flaga

For the record; I don't hate on Gundam Versus because it's line up is incomplete if anyone infers that from my comments on Gundam Versus :P

I just want them to add more and Maxi will invetiably get a port, but currently it doesn't seem likely.

I'm glad 1 of the game is getting a chance outside of Japan.
Mu La Flaga

Also if you pre-order the US version you get all 3 of the DLC pre-order bonus units.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 5308749824
AmuroNT1

BTW, if anyone was interested, the moveset for the G-Self Perfect Pack:

a: Beam Rifle
CSa: Traffic Fins
b: Beam Saber
2b: Tractor Beam
CSb: Photon Torpedoes
ab: Assault Mode
ac: Reflector Mode
ac during Reflector Mode: Omnidirectional Lasers
bc: High-Torque Mode
EX: Backpack Change Attack

Mu La Flaga

In other news an English Beta for Gundam Versus is coming up.
https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/888558668869902336
For US only so far, but hey it's an interesting sign.
ZeonsSilverStar

Mu La Flaga wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:28 pm For the record; I don't hate on Gundam Versus because it's line up is incomplete if anyone infers that from my comments on Gundam Versus :P

I just want them to add more and Maxi will invetiably get a port, but currently it doesn't seem likely.

I'm glad 1 of the game is getting a chance outside of Japan.
Oh no I didn't mean anyone on here in particular but one criticism I've seen around is basically this game doesn't have MBON's roster so it's bad. The game shouldn't be criticized for not being another but rather what it has to offer or doesn't in some cases. For instance as much as I enjoy Gundam Versus Bamco is still dropping the ball by not including a fully realized Trial mode like in EXVS. No local multiplayer is insane and shouldn't exist in any game. What's up with series openings not being animated? Some of the missions in Trial battle are almost impossible with the time limit. I find the navigator choices to be a little light.These are just a few of my complaints and honestly a good number of them aren't major but I enjoy the game still and I've already preordered the American release.
yazi88

More DLC units confirmed for Gundam VS: Pale Rider, Bound Doc, Gusion Rebake, G-Self Perfect Pack and Perfect Strike.

I am very happy to see a playable Gusion Rebake, Pale Rider should be interesting.
ZeonsSilverStar

Yeah the leak has been confirmed with dates

10th August: G-Self Perfect Pack (also Aida Surugan as navi)
24th August: Baund Doc & Pale Rider
31st August: Perfect Strike Gundam & Gundam Gusion Rebake.
AmuroNT1

Interesting to note that the Gundam Ace scan makes it look like the Pale Rider will be able to swap between its Ground Heavy Equip form and Space Combat form.

AmuroNT1

Also, they're adding the Farsia from AGE to Maxi Boost ON.