Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Gusion isn't in the game at all. Barbatos' assists are Akihiro's Graze Kai, Shino's Ryusei-go, the Tekkadan Mobile Worker (in ground and space forms) and Barbatos itself.

Additionally, it seems that as a "thank you" to the people who did the online trial, they've made a playlist of songs from G Generation Genesis and Gundam Breaker 3 that you can use in Gundam Versus:

http://g-versus.ggame.jp/information/trial02.php#bgm
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
yazi88

Damn... maybe in the next version/expansion both the Gusion Rebake and Full City will be playable... maybe even the Brewers Gusion too...
Gelgoog Jager

After seeing the complete roster of the base game I can officially say I'm skipping this game at launch.

I do will be checking what DLC units are added later on.
AmuroNT1

I still feel like this game is worth a launch purchase unless there's some outside factor hampering your spending money. Sure, some of the omissions are annoying, but the beauty of a game with almost 100 characters to choose from is that there's bound to be something that tickles your fancy. You can actively search for one, or you can just play a few rounds with Random Select and see what pops up. Personally speaking, I didn't go into Full Boost expecting to develop a fondness for units like the Banshee and Messala, but here we are now.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Mu La Flaga

In my case, I'm most likely going to wait for an English release, either in my part of the world or the US version.

So I'll hold off on the Japanese version.
It's nice to have the option this time, unlike ExVS and Full Boost.
AmuroNT1

It's been announced that Tieria's Gundam Virtue will be in the game as a pre-order bonus before being made available later on as paid DLC.

yazi88

Yeah, it was kind of strange that all the other Celestrial Being S1 Gundams were there but not the Virtue for some reason... now we know why... why its a DLC unit is beyond me....
AmuroNT1

Because there's money to be made.

Also, Gundam Versus will be part of Bandai Namco's E3 show (along with current Internet darling Dragon Ball FighterZ), so keep an eye out for new info.

Mu La Flaga

I don't know how on Earth I never noticed sooner, but Buster Gundam looks great and it's just largely reworked from Alliance vs ZAFT 2 Plus moves largely.

I kind of wonder also if in future units who have been done/made in Full Boost/MAXI Boost.
Would it make them potentially easier to rebuild if they have an idea of what to do for moves and special abilities ect?

I would say so, some units ended up retaining their moves to an extent.
Mu La Flaga

On a bit of news, I can confirm for anyone living in Australia and New Zealand there will be a digital and physical release of the game.
It was confirmed on Bandai-Namco AU's twitter account by myself.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoAU/statu ... 3993852929
Considering I'm part of an AU Gudam FB Discord server and played matches with a few of them often.
Good news to share with them.
AmuroNT1

BTW, they've announced that the Barbatos Lupus Rex is being added to Maxi Boost ON in the next update.

yazi88

Barbatos Lupus gameplay trailer. Looks really interesting. No Full Power mode I noticed. It does have the Valkyria sword as a attack though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RFZfVbkAq8
AmuroNT1

Yeah, Lupus seems to have two Burst Attacks, one based off of the battle with the Hashmal.

Additionally, the lance it throws a couple of times during the video is the anti-ship lance mace included exclusively with the Premium Bandai Tekkadan complete model set.

http://sg.p-bandai.asia/glpb/SG/img/mod ... 0860_2.jpg

yazi88

I can't remember but does the Lupus have the new long sword that was a kit only item never used in the show?
AmuroNT1

I'd need to rewatch the video but it does kinda look like it uses the longsword for that frenzy slash attack that pops up a couple of times in there.

AmuroNT1

BTW, the Barbatos Lupus' moveset:

Cost: 400

a: Arm-Mounted 200mm Cannon
CSa: Anti-Ship Lance Mace (Throw)
b: Sword Mace
CSb: Anti-Ship Lance Mace (Thrust)
ac: Arm-Mounted 200mm Cannons (Barrage)
ac: Large Railgun
bc: Special Movement
EX: Mace Combo Attack

Additionally, it uses the longsword as part of the "Angel-Slayer" combo along with the sword mace and the Valkyrja Buster Sword.

Finally, SBR has announced that there's going to be a session of Gundamnation tomorrow at 10PM EDT.

yazi88

Where is the railgun from? Another premium Bandai model thing? I think it might be from the optional Tekkadan weapons thing that were model kit extra items...
Gelgoog Jager

AmuroNT1 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:38 am I still feel like this game is worth a launch purchase unless there's some outside factor hampering your spending money. Sure, some of the omissions are annoying, but the beauty of a game with almost 100 characters to choose from is that there's bound to be something that tickles your fancy. You can actively search for one, or you can just play a few rounds with Random Select and see what pops up. Personally speaking, I didn't go into Full Boost expecting to develop a fondness for units like the Banshee and Messala, but here we are now.
Personally, while I did liked Federation VS Zeon and Gundam VS Zeta Gundam, I don't quite like what Gundam Versus seems to have become.

My favorite Gundam games are the ones with original story, including games like Zeonic Front, 0081 and Side Stories/Missing Link. Even Gundam Battle Operation for PS3 was enjoyable for the assymetrical competition due to giving different MS to each faction (EF & Zeon). I particularly loved the scenario mode added late into the game, which involved recreations of significant UC battles and more often than not each side was given a preset group of MS that differed a lot from what the other side had.

On the other hand, I didn't like the "sequel" (if you can even call it that), Battle Operation Next, which threw away the factions and essentially battles were just a random mix without any context that made sense.

I basically played GBO during most of its lifespan, but I stopped playing GBON not after long. Gundam Versus seems to also lack any context for its battles.

In that respect, Ex VS Force at least seemed to follow the UC part of the game quite well, even having a bunch of additional MAs, ships, grunts and even some distinct drone like units for capturing bases (for instance, the Asshimar) for adding more context to the missions.

At this time I can honestly say I'm more glad that Ex VS Force was localized than Gundam Versus, and would rather see more game alike the former, which at least in part followed up on what the original games (EF VS Zeon and G VS ZG) did which I liked.

That being said, what's I would like the most to see are games like 0081 and Side Stories/Missing Link being localized instead of the Versus series.
AmuroNT1

Yazi: The railgun is indeed from the model kits, in this case MS Option Set 7.

Jager: I have to disagree. Sure, Gundam games with original storylines can be fun, but personally I've gotten kind of tired of them because all they ever do anymore is the same tired Zeon fanwank over and over. The Zeon side is a bunch of bishonen and cute girls who are practically family and a bunch of nice guys, the Federation's a bunch of a-holes (if they even exist), and that whole "gas entire colonies and drop them on Earth" thing is quietly glossed over. You can practically set your watch to it, because they never do anything different: nothing outside the OYW (or if it is, it still ties heavily into the war), nothing pro-Federation, etc.

Sure, Versus is just a fun "dream battle" game...but what's wrong with that? We all know Bamco is never going to make stand-alone games for the AUs or the later UC stuff, so this is literally the only way people like me will get to use the MS we like outside of strat-sims like SRW and G Gen. It's variety, and in my book that's perfectly fine.

On an unrelated note, we have a trailer and moveset for Virtue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY95S-YSobA

Virtue
a: GN Bazooka
b: GN Beam Saber
CSb: Armor Purge
ab: GN Cannons
ac: GN Bazooka Burst Mode
bc: GN Field
EX: Full Burst

Nadleeh
a: GN Beam Rifle
b: GN Beam Saber
ab: GN Cannons
ac: GN Beam Rifle (Beam Blade)
bc: Trial System
EX: Beam Saber Combo

yazi88

US release date is September 29, a lot earlier than I thought... but I'm already set cause I pre-ordered it on Amazon a long time ago.
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/gundam-versu ... 9-americas