Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Lord Dearche

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

DOHOHO, Looks like this might be another feather in my already over stuck "I called it" feather cap!.

It's recently been revealed that Bandai Namco games has now legally registered and trade marked the name "Extreme Versus ~FORCE~".

http://i.imgur.com/04Hbc4P.jpg

The last time this happened, it was with Maxi Boost, and also when that happened, they had then soon announced the console version of Full Boost. And also again before that with the original Extreme Versus IIRC.

If this follows the same pattern as the other games, then the timing also matches that of the 6 or so month time span between announcing the console version, and the standard December 201X release.

So basically, good chance that we will get the console confirmation for Maxi boost within the predicted current or next month.

If not then...I blame Mu for not doing heists. =O
domino

We all called it. See previous posts. It was highly unlikely that there wouldn't be another Extreme VS arcade. If it follows the current schedule then it may launch March/April 2016

Considering that it's an entirely new game then I'm looking forward to it including more variety and the newer series
NastyNate

I downloaded the Nobel Gundam this weekend. It's a great suit. It's easy to do a melee followed buy a forward melee jump kick attack, which does good damage.

Sandrock is also a blast. Using his magwanock suit to stun followed buy melee combo's works great. He works best as a 1 vs 1 suit imo.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
AmuroNT1

I just want to say that as a Wing fan, it amuses the hell out of me that Tallgeese II's moveset acknowledges the inconsistent portrayal of the Dobergun by including a solid shell as its CSa. Kind of like how TG1 had its one-off missile pod back in Next Plus.

I probably should have done this last week when the new DLC actually hit, but here's the move lists for the new four.

RX-104FF Penelope
Spoiler
Cost: 3000
HP: 800

NOTE: The Fixed Flight Unit has 320 HP and takes damage along with the base unit. When its HP are depleted the FFU "breaks" and Penelope becomes the RX-104 Odysseus Gundam. In this state, a 100-count timer will indicate the FFU's "recharge"; if the player chooses to re-equip the FFU, they will be locked into Penelope form for the rest of the current life.

-Penelope

Main (): Beam Rifle
Standard BR; fires two homing missiles at the same time. If all three attacks connect, the enemy will be downed.

Main Charge (Hold ): Mega Particle Cannon (Horizontal Sweep)
Fires its left-arm MPC while sweeping the beam left to right.

Melee Charge (Hold ): Mega Particle Cannon (Vertical Sweep)
Fires the right-arm MPC upwards, then sweeps the beam downwards.

Sub (R1): Funnel Missiles
Launches six funnel missiles, which surround the enemy before attacking. Fires faster than Xi's version.

Special Shooting (L2): Mega Particle Cannons (Gerobi)
Fires its shoulder-mounted MPCs straight forwards. Fires faster than Xi's version.

Special Melee (R2): Special Movement
Performs a rolling leap left or right (can be controlled). Can cancel various attacks. Consumes Boost, so can't be used when the gauge is empty.

Melee:

N: Left Slash > Right Slash > X-Slash
N: Left Slash > Right Slash > Slash Through > Shoulder Mega Particle Cannons
N: Left Slash > Right Slash > Rapid Slashes

: Slash Through

←/→: Left Slash > Right Slash > Headbutt

: Uppercut Slash > Stab & Funnel Missiles

BD↑: Thrust > Sweep Slash
BD↑: Thrust > Slash Through

Burst Attack (R3): Full Fire
Fires Gerobi from its arm and shoulder MPCs while launching missiles. The missiles cause explosions on impact.

-Odysseus Gundam

Main (): Beam Rifle
A standard BR. Takes a long time to recharge.

Sub (R1): Beam Rifle (Rolling Fire)
Rolls left/right (hold direction) while firing three BR shots. Effectively identical to the GP01Fb's Sub-Weapon.

Special Shooting (L2): Arm Mega Particle Cannon
Fires a single high-power BR-type shot with somewhat slow bullet speed.

Special Melee (R2): Penelope Unit Equip
Changes back into Penelope.

Melee:

N: Slash > Backslash > Sweep Slash

: Thrust

←/→: Uppercut X-Slash > Downwards X-Slash (causes bound)

: Double Uppercut Slash > Spin Kick

BD: Upwards Thrust > Thrust Through

Burst Attack (R3): Full Fire
Fires Gerobi beams from the arm MPCs.
GF13-049NSW Nobel Gundam
Spoiler
Cost: 2000
HP: 640

Note: Like Epyon, Nobel can chain any melee moves together freely.

-Normal Mode

Main (): Beam Hula Hoop
Lower power than most Mains, but unlimited range. Has tighter muzzle correction than in GvG Next, but can't be "aimed" by holding directions.

Sub (R1): Beam Ribbon (Pull Towards)
Anchor-type move that pulls the enemy to melee range.

Special Shooting (L2): Mandala Gundam Assist
Rushes forwards and slashes the enemy with its Shakujou Saber, causing Fire Stun.

Special Melee (R2): Beam Ribbon (Spin Attack)
Spins the beam ribbon overhead, causing damage around its body; activates instantly.

Melee:

N: Uppercut Slash > Uppercut Slash > Sweep Slash > Spin Slash

: Overhead Kick & Trample

←/→: Spin Kick

: Somersault Kick

BD: Beam Ribbon Spinning Charge

Special Melee (R2) during any other combo: God Finger
Tap Melee () to add hits and damage. Will perform the Heat End automatically if the opponent is low on HP

Burst Attack (R3): Berserker System
Changes into Berserker Mode; will not revert to base Nobel for the rest of the fight.

-Berserker Mode

Main (): Beam Hula Hoop
Same as Normal Mode.

Main Charge (Hold ): God Finger (Gerobi)
Fires a thin Gerobi beam that causes stun on hit.

Sub (R1): Beam Ribbon (Pull Towards)
Same as Normal Mode. Press Forwards during the move to launch the opponent.

Special Shooting (L2): Berserker Shout
Spherical stun wave like the Pressure moves used by Qubeley and Messala. No Super Armor.

Melee:

N: Punch (x3) > Machine Gun Punch

: Overhead Kick > Beam Hula Hoop Front Flip

←/→: Spin Kick

: Somersault Kick

BD: Charging Punch

Special Melee (R2): God Finger
Tap Melee () to add hits and damage; Heat End is performed automatically if you do this.

Burst Attack (R3): DG Cell Self-Regeneration
Hold the buttons to charge the move and recover more HP; just pressing the command restores 30, while a full charge restores 100.
GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam
Spoiler
Cost: 2000
HP: 580

Main (): Laser Rifle
Standard BR-type weapon.

Sub (R1): Lancer Darts
Fires all three lancer darts, causing stun on hit. Moves fast and has great tracking.

Special Shooting (L2): Aegis Gundam Assist
Attack varies depending on input
-Neutral: Aegis appears in MA Mode and fires its Scylla cannon, producing a stationary Gerobi beam.
-Any Direction: Aegis appears in MA Mode and charges at the enemy; on hit, it grapples them and self-destructs, causing a large explosion.

Special Melee (R2): Mirage Colloid
Greatly disables enemy tracking while active. Performing any attack will end MC Mode prematurely.

Melee:

N: Slash > Uppercut Slash > Triple Spin Slash
N: Slash > Launcher & Lancer Darts (stuns)
N: Slash > Down Smash
NR2: Slash > Mirage colloid Frenzy Attack

: Thrust > Spin Kick

←/→: Back Slash > Uppercut Slash
←/→: Back Slash > Launcher & Lancer Darts (stuns)
←/→: Back Slash > Down Smash
←/→R2: Back Slash > Mirage colloid Frenzy Attack

: Gleipnir (anchor move that pulls the enemy to Blitz)

BD: Lancer Dart Charge

Burst Attack (R3): Trikeros Combo Attack
Performs a flash cut while activating Mirage Colloid; if the first hit connects, Blitz performs a series of invisible flash cuts.
GN-011 Harute Gundam
Spoiler
Cost: 3000
HP: 700

Note: When Harute is reduced to 280HP, Marute Mode activates. It receives the following performance changes in this state:
-Mobility up
-Can move while using Melee Charge
-Sub-Weapon reloads 3 seconds faster
-Back Sub-Weapon variation becomes available
-Red Lock range is increased by about two character spaces

-MS Mode

Main 1 (): GN Sword Rifle
Standard BR-type weapon, has lots of ammo.

Main 2 (): GN Sword Rifle (Gerobi)
Fires a Gerobi beam; can move while firing.

Main Charge (Hold ): GN Sword Rifle (Output Change)
Swaps between Main 1 and Main 2.

Melee Charge (Hold ): GN Scissor Bits
Launches four Scissor Bits which home in on the enemy and attack, causing stun on hit. Charge is maintained through transformations.

Sub (R1): GN Cannons
Fires two high-power shots; cause down on hit.

Back Sub (↓+R1): Full Fire
Only usable during Marute Mode; fires four large Gerobis, two straight forward and two in a V-shape.

Special Shooting (L2): 00-Qan[T] Assist
Attack varies depending on input
-Neutral: Qan[T] charges forwards while quantumizing and performs a flash cut; if it hits, it turns around and performs a second flash cut. Both hits cause stun.
-Any Direction: Qan[T] fires a Gerobi from the GN Buster Rifle, sweeping it from left to right.

Special Melee (R2): GN Vernier Unit
A Special Movement ability where Harute performs a quick rush in the direction held. Shares ammo with Flight Position's Special Melee.

Melee:

N: Diagonal Slash > Side Slash > Stab & Point-Blank Shot
N: Diagonal Slash > Flight Position Slash Through
N: Diagonal Slash > Side Slash > Flight Position Slash Through
N: Diagonal Slash > Scissor Grab, Crush & Explode
N: Diagonal Slash > Side Slash > Scissor Grab, Crush & Explode

: Uppercut Slash > Down Slash
: Uppercut Slash > Scissor Grab, Crush & Explode

←/→: Side Slash > Spin Slash > Cleave
←/→: Side Slash > Flight Position Slash Through
←/→: Side Slash > Scissor Grab, Crush & Explode

: Uppercut Slash > GN Cannons

BD: Slash Through > Scissor Grab, Crush & Explode

Burst Attack (R3): The Power to Cut a Path to the Future
Harute performs a brief melee combo supported by Scissor Bits, then flies up into the air and fires its rifles and cannons downwards at the enemy.

-Flight Position

Main (): GN Cannons
High-power beam shots; same as MS Mode's Sub-Weapon.

Sub (R1): GN Cannons (Gerobi)
Fires two Gerobi beams from the cannons, which sweep as Harute changes direction.

Special Shooting 1 (L2): GN Missiles
Similar to Arios' GN Missiles. Has 4 ammo, which doesn't reload (see below).

Special Shooting 2 (L2): GN Missile Containers (Purge)
Performed when out of Missile ammo; ditches the Missile Containers, which give off a giant explosion when they touch ground.

Special Shooting 3 (L2): GN Sword Rifles
Performed after purging the Missile Containers. Fires the beam rifles outwards in a V-shape, but track inwards quickly.

Special Melee (R2): GN Vernier Unit
Performs a directable barrel roll.

N: Slash Through
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
ZeonsSilverStar

Better late than never I suppose. Despite the annoying armor system I enjoy the Penelope almost as much as the Xi. I should probably get better with the Odysseus form though. The Blitz seems solid but I haven't put in enough time to use it properly. Despite what I initially heard about the Nobel being a joke I'm immensely enjoying it. The lack of a true EX burst attack kinda sucks but you can't really scoff at HP regeneration and melee chains. All that and I love its movement animations. The Harute is the only one I'm unsure of. It just seems a little lackluster for a 3000 but maybe I just need more practice. On the plus side it does seem to have a lot of boost.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
NastyNate

Blitz has some awesome combos and that cloak is handy. Nobel is absolutely deadly in the right hands. I played someone today and I could not touch them.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Xenosynth

Harute has some glaring issues. My favorite is that the Harute mode can actually end up killing you. If you are low enough and someone is looking at you when you Harute, you can't cancel the animation as far as I know, so someone can literally just fire a gerobi or explosive and just kill you. I've seen like 5 Harutes die on wakeup like that.

Nobel's problem is that in most like, pre-made comps, it's completely ignorable. It's better than many speculated, a lot of people thought it'd be Avalanche Exia tier of bad, but it's more just... Dragon Gundam, where specific compositions can work well, but in others it can be completely ignored and you can just double lock the front. It's only real neutral game is the Mandala Gundam, which is lost in Berserker mode. BUT it has pretty decent damage and when it hits it can just keep hitting with the right combos.
AmuroNT1

Yeah, Marute Mode is a severe double-edged sword thanks to the long start-up animation.

Also, some rather surprising reveals:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIQCmllVEAAsA6E.jpg:large
http://i.imgur.com/8CvZYmD.jpg

-Perfect Gundam from Plamo Kyo-Shiro, piloted by Shiro Kyoda (we knew about the Gundam but not the pilot)
-Marasai & Gabthely from Zeta (piloted by Jerid Mesa)
-Nightingale from Beltorchika's Children (with some suspecting that it'll have to be scaled down)
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

InjuredPelican

^ Glad to see Jerid finally get added, though I would have chosen different MS. Considering he has so many to choose from though its easy to lose out on it. I really wanted his Baundoc or Bryarlant. Hopefully they will add Bryarlant Custom as a kick ass 1500 some day to make up for it.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
ZeonsSilverStar

So after all these years the Hi-Nu will finally have some company. I expect the Nightingale to be a beast of a suit. Jerid finally being playable is great but as mentioned I would've preferred the Baund Doc. Don't really have an opinion on the Perfect Gundam since I'm not too familiar with its source material.
domino

I think the choice of MS for Jerid came down to popularity and versatility.

For newtype suits, the Baund Doc and Bylarant are very limited in weapons and didn't have much screentime. Most people wouldn't even know of the Bylarant if not for Gundam Unicorn including the custom version(s)

I did like the Gabthely though so I'm looking forward to it having good range and mean melee. I'm not sure if it's two suits or Jerid can mode-switch between them?
InjuredPelican

I think Gabthley and Marasai will work out well also because he can have good assists, such as Maoa and Kakrikorn.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
ZeonsSilverStar

Guess I'll just have to deal with the fact that nobody loves asymmetry like me. Still now that Jerid is in the game I can finally enjoy fragging him. Also supposedly the Marasai/Gabthley will be a respawn deal like the old GPO1.
InjuredPelican

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:Guess I'll just have to deal with the fact that nobody loves asymmetry like me. Still now that Jerid is in the game I can finally enjoy fragging him. Also supposedly the Marasai/Gabthley will be a respawn deal like the old GPO1.
I love me some asymmetry. Turn X is one of the most beautiful mecha in my opinion and that thing is all over the place with its design. Baundoc does seem to take that and run with ti though :)
-Loran Cehack
domino

What do you mean by respawn deal like the GP01?
ZeonsSilverStar

InjuredPelican wrote:
ZeonsSilverStar wrote:Guess I'll just have to deal with the fact that nobody loves asymmetry like me. Still now that Jerid is in the game I can finally enjoy fragging him. Also supposedly the Marasai/Gabthley will be a respawn deal like the old GPO1.
I love me some asymmetry. Turn X is one of the most beautiful mecha in my opinion and that thing is all over the place with its design. Baundoc does seem to take that and run with ti though :)
The Doc merely follows the old creed of go big or go home, just taken to the max.
domino wrote:What do you mean by respawn deal like the GP01?
Back in Next Plus whenever you picked the GP01 you'd start out in its base and if you got shot down you'd come back as the Full Burnern for the rest of the match. I've heard the Marasai/Gabthley will work in a similar fashion but that could just be a rumor.
Xenosynth

That's also how the GP01 works in Maxi and its tier plummeted because it's terrible on it. Hopefully the gimmick works better with Jerid if true.
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:That's also how the GP01 works in Maxi and its tier plummeted because it's terrible on it. Hopefully the gimmick works better with Jerid if true.
Wait... they changed GP01 in Maxi Boost? I knew it worked that way in Next Plus, but I assumed it stayed as a single unit for Maxi Boost.
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

Pelican: What he means about changing is, in Next the base GP01 counted as a 1000-cost unit, but the Full Vernien was a 2000-cost. In Maxi they're both 2000s, but the base GP01's moveset is pretty much the same, which unfortunately makes it kind of a poor performer in that game.

To clarify about the Marasai/Gabthely, yes it changes form on respawn...but only if you CHOOSE to do so. Using each one's Melee Charge Shot sets it so you'll respawn as the other, meaning that you can remain in one form if you prefer it. Weird, and yet wholly appropriate for Jerid.

Perfect Gundam (Cost 2000)
a: Double Beam Gun
CSa: Double Beam Gun (High Output)
b: Beam Saber
CSb: Sensor Eye (Deploy)
ab: Shoulder Cannon (Squirt Gun/Solid Ammunition)
ac: Shoulder Cannon (High Output Beam)
bc: Mine Scattering Unit (Throw)
EX: I Am Champion *Amusingly enough, written in Katakana

Marasai/Gabthey (Cost 2000)

-Marasai
a: Beam Rifle
CSa: Feyadeen Rifle (Gerobi)
CSb: Respawn as Gabthely
ab: Feyadeen Rifle
ac: Marasai Assist
bc: Beam Saber (Throw)
EX: Feyadeen Rifle (Maximum Output)

-Gabthely
a: Feyadeen Rifle
CSa: Feyadeen Rifle (High Output)
CSb: Respawn as Marasai
ab: Mega Particle Cannons
ac: Gabthely Assist
bc: Rapid Transform
EX: "I'll torture you to death!"

EDIT: A couple of new notes about the units obtained by zooming in on the scans.

Perfect Gundam:
-Search Eye (CSb) extends its lock-on range.
-The Shoulder Cannon fires the squirt gun by default, but the article is very vague about its performance; the solid shot is Back (2ab), and looks to arc kind of like the Gundam's Guntank assist.
-The beam Shoulder Cannon (ac) is a Gerobi.
-The Missile Unit Throw (bc) is effectively a Rocket Punch.

Marasai:
-Beam Rifle (a) fires four shots rapidly, like the Exia's Main.
-Burst Attack fires a large Gerobi from the Feyadeen Rifle.

Gabthely:
-Burst Attack is a beatdown combo with Mauar's Gabthely backing Jerid up.