Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
yazi88

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Darkerangel wrote:Quick question. Did the Zeta Translation films replace the tv show? Kinda like how Macross Do You Remember Love replaced the tv show. I'm only asking because every time when Zeta Gundam pops out, the Translation's music begins to play instead of anything from the tv show.
What? Zeta's TV music tracks are still in the game, because of copyright stuff, the OPs can't be used for anything. You might've done some stuff with the BGM or something.
AmuroNT1

Yeah, the reason they never use the Zeta TV openings anymore is because Neil Sedaka, who composed the songs, raised the license fee some years ago. For the most part they just use BGM tracks like Fleet Battle and Riders in the Skies whenever Zeta appears in games like Super Robot Wars.

The main reason they used movie songs in Full Boost is because they could actually GET them, due to the rights being more reasonable (well, and presumably because Gackt is a huge Gundam geek AND he's already in the game as Ex-).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Darkerangel

AmuroNT1 wrote:Yeah, the reason they never use the Zeta TV openings anymore is because Neil Sedaka, who composed the songs, raised the license fee some years ago. For the most part they just use BGM tracks like Fleet Battle and Riders in the Skies whenever Zeta appears in games like Super Robot Wars.

The main reason they used movie songs in Full Boost is because they could actually GET them, due to the rights being more reasonable (well, and presumably because Gackt is a huge Gundam geek AND he's already in the game as Ex-).
Ah, I get it now. Thank you.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Kratos

I had to get a new PS3 recently, so I need to replace my custom soundtrack on Full Boost. Does it have the same volume issues for imported tracks that EXVS did?
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
AmuroNT1

Full Boost lets you adjust the volume of each song manually.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

HDKirin

Fuwacast Episode 3 is live! We discuss 1st month console port impressions including DLC units, FAQ, & Gundam waifus?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y9j3cydhOU

Also, Full Boost SoCal Regionals Pools are live now too! Now you can see the team name that I've been teasing here & there for awhile. Fans of the show & LNs, if there are any here, will be in for a treat perhaps?

http://challonge.com/scr2014_exvsfb_pool1
http://challonge.com/scr2014_exvsfb_pool2
http://challonge.com/scr2014_exvsfb_pool3
http://challonge.com/scr2014_exvsfb_pool4
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | Steam | Last.fm
PSN: Zankantou (NA) | HDKirin (JP)
Mu La Flaga

Just posting this up, but SBR was saying he would be doing an imprompt session at 10:30-11pm EST.
So keep an eye out for that on his twitter or rock up to the session to play some Full Boost.
AmuroNT1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwSwA06Npn4

Promo movie for Maxi Boost, showing off a few interesting things.

Also, the next batch of DLC is Haman's Acguy, Roux's Zeta, and the Ground Gundam, which comes out on March 5th.

Calubin_175

I was wondering whether the duplicate fb mission skills really stack or not.
Gundam420

Just uncovered this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLSgcGKV ... e=youtu.be

It looks like AGE-3 might be playable.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
AmuroNT1

Yeah, AGE-3 was confirmed playable a week or two ago thanks to the opening video.

Also, sharp-eyed viewers of the promo movie noted the Dendrobium Orchis and METEOR on the Branch Course map, indicating that they'll be joining (or rather returning to) the roster of bosses. Vagan Gear Sid is also visible, but was confirmed about the same time as AGE-3.

AmuroNT1

So for the next session on March 8th, I'd like to propose a roulette challenge:

WAIFU FIGHT!

Players can only use MS piloted by women.
Notes/Exceptions:
* Stargazer is allowed because Selene is the primary pilot, but the Double X isn't because Tifa is just sitting in Garrod's lap.
* Ex-S Gundam is allowed because with no named pilot it's effectively controlled by ALICE.
* Turn A is allowed but ONLY if you use the Laura Rolla costume for Loran.
* The Kapool is allowed, but you can't tag Corin in; you must use Sochie the whole time.

So the full list of acceptable MS choices is:
-Acguy (Haman ver.)
-Zeta Gundam (Roux ver.)
-Gundam Mk-II (Emma ver.)
-Qubeley
-Qubeley Mk-II
-GunEZ
-Gottrlatan
-Turn A Gundam (with Laura Rolla pilot skin)
-Kapool (cannot use Corin)
-Infinite Justice Gundam (Lacus ver.)
-Impulse Gundam (Lunamaria ver.)
-Gunner ZAKU Warrior
-Gaia Gundam
-Gundam Throne Drei
-Kshatryia
-Banshee
-Gundam Alex
-Gerbera Tetra
-Stargazer
-Ex-S Gundam

ZeonsSilverStar

Sounds cool to me. It's been awhile since I had a good waifu war.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Mu La Flaga

Just a note, another FB Session 10:30-11pm EST, the usual, if anyone wants to turn up, come out and play.
yazi88

Well, tonight's meetup was fun... aside from the PSN problems and me falling asleep at the end, AGAIN! I'll make sure to have a red bull before the big meetup on Full Boost next week. My apologies to everyone (and stream) that had the misfortune of hearing me snoring again...
ZeonsSilverStar

Alright good couple of matches last night. You last night was the first time I've used a 3000 cost suit online in like three years. Anyway I finally decided to get the promo code to get the runners HUD, assuming that's what this sixteen digit code is. So when I sign up on the site to get a Bandai Namco ID do I need to enter my email address or the email address used for my Japanese PSN account?
AmuroNT1

(If anyone was wondering, I sat out yesterday because I was feeling kinda bleh and because I don't want to make myself sick of the game by overplaying it. I'll definitely be back for next week's session tho.)

Anyway, I was just talking with my brother, and he made some remarks that made me think. See, I sit in on his stream on occasion when he plays things like Final Fantasy Tactics, and on occasion he'll pop into our stream when we do Full Boost. But he was remarking that he hasn't been in much lately because since he feels a bit out of place.

Now, he's a regular fighting game fan - plays stuff like Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, BlazBlue and the like - but the main problem is that he isn't a Gundam fan, so a lot of the stuff goes right over his head. He specifically mentioned the Sodium Showdown between Logan and Saber, saying that Kirin's commentary was really good and helped make things clear since he was describing it in more standard fighting game terms, like targeting the opponent when he recovers from a jump. He was saying that part made it a lot more interesting, but when you look at it purely in terms of Gundam, it's like you're speaking a foreign language.

I guess what I'm getting at is, it'd be kind of cool if there was...not a "beginner's guide", but maybe a guide to introduce people to some of the Gundam Vs franchise's unique aspects without necessarily delving too much into Gundam mythos. Something that would allow fans of more orthodox fighting games to understand the game without forcing them to sit down and watch through the insane backlog of the Gundam anime.

Also, I wanted to say, he's taken to calling Master Asia "Uncle Sensei".

ZeonsSilverStar

So you want the unwashed masses to join in on our exclusive get togethers thus killing the exclusivity? But seriously that would be nice since I've had similar problems in the past with Gundam vs Zeta Gundam and vanilla EXVS. Either people couldn't get over the fact that you played using ginat robots or in the case of EXVS the lack of English seemed to dumbfound them. Of course couple that with little to no understanding of Gundam and you get frustration. Hell I almost game myself a headache trying to teach my cousin how to dash, he kept boosting vertically.

But yes it would be wonderful if there were some form of guide for this. It's funny none of the Musou games I played with my non-fan friends and family caused frustration and confusion. Maybe because those were in English but who knows. So why does your brother call Master Asia Uncle Sensei?
Xenosynth

I understand what you mean Amuro. It's why this game needs a spectator mode. My brother and friends both, for instance, actually didn't like the game while watching, and even while playing at first, while enjoying games like Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and once I did a general explanation and let them play around in Free Mode + Stopped computers they started getting into it. It's rather interesting actually, because normally I don't like fighting games very much. But yeah, it'd be cool to have a non-Gundamy explanation of the game and its functions, showing what it makes it different from other games, etc.

It's also funny because I noticed that from Mecha Fans, Gundam Extreme Vs also lies on this weird plane where it isn't as much of a mecha game as they would want. Friends of mine who are into mechwarrior, armored core, and a few anime with mecha, find the game also odd because it doesn't control like a mecha game. It's this weird in-between, where it seems odd or unappealing because it's not fully entrenched in either genre.
Kratos

I've tried to introduce some casuals to it.

The biggest problems are lack of franchise familiarity and a steep learning curve. The damn game has such a huge number of units available that people picking it up for the first time have no idea where to start. The latter comes with time, but it's usually not something most are willing to dedicate. Still, I get a decent amount of local multiplayer in, so it's not TOTALLY unfriendly to casual players.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"