Super Robot Wars UX: No Koji Kabuto Edition

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
DuelGundam2099

Super Robot Wars UX: No Koji Kabuto Edition

Apparently the folks at /m/ acquired news of a leak on 2Chan about the 3DS SRW game Banpresto announced back when it was launched and I come bringing pictures:

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 227568.jpg

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 899744.jpg

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 132485.jpg

http://images.4chan.org/m/src/1355276735266.jpg

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 164429.jpg

http://archive.foolz.us/m/redirect/1355277404085.jpg

At first I thought this was practical joke that went too far.... Then I saw these pics which makes me think this is one of two things:

A) There's a faction that makes REALLY good fakes or

B) This is a real leak

If it is the latter there are two different cast lists; cast one features
Demonbane, Sokyu no Fafner Heaven and Earth, Wings of Rean, Fei Yin HD (from Virtual On), Mobile Suit Gundam 00 A wakening of the Trailblazer, SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors, Mazinkaiser SKL, Heroman
cast two features (supposedly)
-Linebarrels of Iron
-Fafner: Heaven and Earth
-Ninja Senshi Tobikage
-Aura Battler Dunbine
-Dancouga Nova
-Macross F movies
-Demonbane
-Wings of Rean
-Fei Yin (?)
-Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer
-Gundam: Seed Destiny
-SD Gundam Three Kingdoms
-Heroman
-Mazinkaiser SKL
If it is real then it is official: They made a Super Robot Wars title that doesn't feature Koji Kabuto from Mazinger Z.

Edit: Oh yes, this is real:
http://gematsu.com/2012/12/super-robot- ... ed-for-3ds
Last edited by DuelGundam2099 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmuroNT1

Re: Super Robot Wars.... UX?

The second list you posted is the complete cast list.

And it should be noted that "Fei Yin HD" is, if you didn't gather from the images, the version made to look like Hatsune Miku. It's still piloted by an AI tho.

EDIT: Just had a thought, how badly is it going to blow the Destiny and 00 characters' minds to meet the SD Gundams? Well, except for Setsuna, he'll probably fall to the ground worshiping.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
DuelGundam2099

And it should be noted that "Fei Yin HD" is, if you didn't gather from the images, the version made to look like Hatsune Miku. It's still piloted by an AI tho.
I saw the pics at /m/, I found it too meh to facepalm.
Just had a thought, how badly is it going to blow the Destiny and 00 characters' minds to meet the SD Gundams? Well, except for Setsuna, he'll probably fall to the ground worshiping.
Credit to you, I will now look forward to this. :P

Alright, my thoughts on the cast list:
Spoiler
-Why just Wings of Goodbye? No False Songstress? Is it post-season with Alto and the Durandal? Does Banpresto hate Hound Type vajra?

-Wings of Rean, especially since it appeared in three ACE games, is WAAAAY overdue. I'll admit it was just okay, but it gets way too much hate. Having Dunbine in would help since they are of the same franchise, sadly there is no Neo Byston well so there will be no Sirbine. :(

-Heroman, Demonbane, and Tokibage I have not seen; the last I know appeared in SRW Impact so I guess it was time the ninja bots made a comeback! This finally gives me reason to watch the first two.

-Why are we doing Destiny AGAIN? I even saw a pic of Shinn in the Impulse meaning it will take up plot *AGAIN*. Okay, I imagine it might have to tie into the HD remastering (BTW release date is March 14, around the time it starts airing), but come on! I'm the local Destiny fan and even I am tired of seeing it everywhere.

-00 Movie was coming.

-MAZINKAISER SKL! As long as it's done faithfully (which should be easy for a 3 ep OVA with a handful of enemy units) this'll be great. Real shame this technically makes this the first SRW to have no Koji Kabuto, which officially shatters tradition right in the spinal column.

-Linebarrels, BBB, and Virtual On Miku edition I don't give a flub.

-Fafner! As long as the movie stuff is done faithfully I don't mind what they do.

-Third time Nova's been in a game, reeeeeeeeeally hoping they put in some genocidrons or at least Regulus Alpha's two rebuilt bodies! It's the 3DS now, they should have room for this! I'm sorry but it IS under used in both SRW appearances it had. In fact, I dare the only series to get worse treatment in multiple appearances is Trider G7.
AmuroNT1

Responding to the comments:
Spoiler
-The Famitsu scans show that it's both Macross Frontier movies, and the Durandal gets on the cover art.

-Heroman mainly amuses me because of the very real possibility of Stan Lee showing up.

-Destiny is becoming like Endless Waltz, a show they just casually throw into a game because it and the cast are popular. The main problem seems to be the flip-flopping on the plot; either it's series accurate and Shinn and friends get screwed, or it's a fair adaptation where both sides get treated decently. I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see them rattle some cages and do a biased-towards-Shinn version.

-IIRC SKL was implied to take place in the same world as one of the Mazinger series, just off to the side (since they make reference to Mazinger at one point. It would be nice if they went a little more in-depth with the plot than we got out of just three episodes. Though I do wonder if they'll tie the plot in with Fafner, since both have to do with isolated islands.

-VO being nothing but Miku Yin is pretty much the most blatant case of pandering I've ever seen (and I'm trying to put aside my general apathy towards Vocaloid here). The release info remarks that the game will be voiced, and a friend on my regular chat suggested that this is ENTIRELY so they can use the synthesized Miku voice for Fei Yin's pilot AI.

-If they can include Sangokuden, then we need to petition Banpresto to include SD Gundam Force in a future game. Make this happen, people.

-A couple of Genocidrons showed up in Z2 Hakai (specifically the Tank and Carrier types), but they could stand to include more. Tho I will cosmically facepalm if they include the blatant "Take That, America!" general from Kurara's focus episode.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Destiny_Gundam

After so many years of people wanting Demonbane in a game and all the fake scans made to look like it was going to be in one makes me have a bit of a "boy who cried wolf" response to this. But lots of sites are reporting on it so I guess it's a good chance it is real.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
AmuroNT1

Well, we have magazine scans, so it's pretty well confirmed to be 100% true.

Kuruni

DEMONBAAAAAAAANE!!!!!!!

Even if it's OVA version, and would miss some awesome stuffs, it's still dream to reality.

(waiting for the day I can add "punching out Cthulhu, literally" to TV Tropes.)
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

AmuroNT1 wrote:Well, we have magazine scans, so it's pretty well confirmed to be 100% true.
Those have been faked before. Even "photo of magazine taken with camera" stuff has been faked in the past.
DuelGundam2099

Not seeing any drumlos or leprechauns, this most likely means Dunbine might not get any plot. (not that I mind or anything) Also not seeing any genocidron. The Miku bot was also unbelievably creepy.

Other than that I am curious as to what will come of this.
stagrider

Trailer confirms they are going with the manga version of linebarrel.
Vardent's extra equipment as well as the navy painkiller with its pet bots.
Strike Zero

Hatsune Miku is in a Super Robot Wars game.

Oh, my God, this is the greatest thing to happen in the history of anything ever. :D
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kuruni

stagrider wrote:Trailer confirms they are going with the manga version of linebarrel.
Vardent's extra equipment as well as the navy painkiller with its pet bots.
They may stick to anime's storyline, but add some stuffs from manga.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

So it is legit. Some how a hoax would be more believable :lol: Some of these entries would normally on be seen only on fan wish lists, joking or otherwise. Especially that Miku. Most people would laugh if you had told them that would be in a game someday.

In regards to Linebarrels, I wonder if Aya Hirano will be back to voice Miu.
AmuroNT1

Pardon me for being the voice of dissent, but including the Miku Yin is the stupidest, most blatant form of pandering I've seen in a very long time.

Strike Zero

You're speaking as though pandering isn't already half the point of Super Robot Wars games in general.

Besides, what this means is that Miku is officially in a Banpresto-endorsed crossover with Macross. Any argument you could possibly raise against this is automatically invalid. 8)
Destiny_Gundam

It's not Plus, though.

Yeah, including Miku is dumb but these are the same people who made Bonta-kun a playable unit.
AmuroNT1

Oooh, I can raise plenty of arguments against it.

How about the fact that this machine doesn't actually appear in Virtual On proper, only in the merchandise line? And the fact that nothing else from VO is in the game? And that it serves entirely as an excuse to open the door for a character who by all rights should never be in Super Robot Wars? And that it's only there to kiss up to a fanbase that treats a fictional character like a religious figure, complete with jihads against "blasphemy" (like when William Gibson, father of cyberpunk and inventor of the virtual idol concept, said he "just didn't get" Miku and got ripped apart by the fanboys)?

I think the only thing that would piss me off more than this would be if they did the same thing to shoehorn Haruhi Suzumiya into SRW by using those stupid power loaders that cluttered up the Composite Ver.Ka toy line.

Strike Zero

Well, I can't deny that the reasoning behind her inclusion is a tad suspect. Though from my perspective, it's really no different from all of the other stuff Banpresto includes in their games that serves no other purpose but to gratify the various wants of their various fans.

In the end, I don't really care about the hows or whys, because I love Hatsune Miku. 8)
Destiny_Gundam wrote:It's not Plus, though.
Hey, you never know. For all we know, Grace could kidnap Miku and plug her into the Battle Galaxy's main computer, thereby pitting the cast against a giant holographic Miku Galaxy commanding an swarm of hostile Ghost fighters.

Man, this stuff just writes itself!
Homeless

Do you actually intend to play the game though, Amuro? Vocaloid's always been trash, but between UX being on a console I don't own and my growing disenchantment with the stale SRW series I find it difficult to be too offended by this. At worst it is really just one less attack compilation video to watch.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain