Macross 30: The Song That Crosses The Galaxy

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Macross 30: The Song That Crosses The Galaxy

Max easily, the only pilots in the Macross franchise that come close to his level are Basara and Brera, the former of which never really "attacks" so he can settle for third place.

With that said, was there a release date for this game because I did not find one.
NastyNate

Coming down to the wire on the release. I'm really disappointing they are not going to have online co-op and customization like the Gundam 30th game. I have not seen much of the "rpg" aspects. I think I'll pick it up after I talk to those that bought the game and maybe when it prices less than 80 dollars.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Arbiter GUNDAM

If I remember correctly, the release date is 2/28.

It also depends on what you mean by customization. From what I've seen, you can customize different parts of your mechs, equip different types of weapons (like mounting the VF-25G sniper rifle on the YF-19) and probably even choose which songstress to bring with you on a mission (unless you're Basara).
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

Famitsu just published an interview with one of the producers of Macross 30. Lot of interesting info.
Tochiro wrote:-Pilot parameters can be leveled (hence ‘RPG’)

-The skill system from previous Macross games will be used.

-Up to 2 wingmen and can set your own support character (songstress) with different abilities. Ie, equip Sharon Apple for abilities that will confuse the enemy (No word on whether wingmen are AI only. Also, i'm presuming that using Sharon Apple will only be doable once you've defeated her initially).

-As can be seen from the character relationship chart, many of the series songstresses have been captured. Rescuing them as the story progresses will unlock new support characters/abilities. The first two characters on your side will be Alto and Sheryl. (ie) presumably 1 wingman and 1 support character).

-First Valk you get will be the VF-0D (Leon’s original valk is shot down in the games prologue). The fold distortion on Uroboros is disruptive to the supply chain so older valks are repaired and reused quite a bit.

-Valkyrie Development System: Valk designs can be bought from shops and earned via sub-quests. Enemies can be defeated for parts. You can use these resources to either improve the specs of your current valk or build new ones. New valk development (ie, the designs that become available) will proceed mainly in chronological order starting from the VF-0D.

-Super packs – if you build, for example, Super packs for the VF-1, these can also be used on all varieties of the VF-1.

-‘Song System’ - of course, Basara can use songs to force enemies back while using his Fire valk.

-In the story, it’s Aisha that develops the YF-30. It’s the strongest valk in the game.

-Can fly freely around the world map although, being an RPG, you will have to fly to a certain point to move the story forward. Enemies can attack you while on the world map. Some enemies will have their own areas where they have carriers/battleships. Defeating these will decrease the number of enemies in the immediate area while failing to do so will result in more enemies.

-Some sub-quests will only be available for a limited time or may be available in areas that are only accessible during a certain stage in the story.

-There is an auto-battle mode so that more casual users who think that a ‘flight action RPG’ would be too hard can enjoy the game as well.

-There are multiple endings.

-Fokker and Kakizaki will not appear in the game. While the fold phenomenon on Uroboros allows for characters from different periods to make an appearance, the period in their own timelines is fixed. Therefore, the Macross TV characters appear on Uroboros at a point when, in their own time, Fokker and Kakizaki are already dead. Similarly, Max and Milia come in from Macross 7. Their younger SDF Macross selves will not appear
(having 2 sets of the same characters would be strange, apparently).

-Plenty of songs will be included in the game. Songs are also a key point of the game as is only natural for Macross.
New songs will be used for the OP and ED (Haruka Chisuga). Also, the character Mina likes to sing so may find herself singing songs from other songstresses as she listens to them.

-Main story is fully voiced. Various animated scenes and illustrations made just for the game. Crossovers that can’t be experienced anywhere else such as Sara x Sheryl and Mylene x Kamujin.

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

Unlocking people and songtress changing stuff up sounds good. I hope I never have to use Sheryl to by my songtress. I don't think she sings well.

"Can fly freely around the world map although you will have to fly to a certain point to move the story forward. Enemies can attack you while on the world map. Some enemies will have their own areas where they have carriers/battleships. Defeating these will decrease the number of enemies in the immediate area while failing to do so will result in more enemies."

This is by far the coolest info on the game so far. I've never played a mech game with an open world, I hope they do it right.

That has actually been my complaint with the psp macross games is the levels are way to small. They need to take a note from robotech battlefront. The maps in that game where big and some maps forced you to go to battleroid and gerawalk mode. (However you spell those) The ps2 game did it good too but space all the time got old.

If they make me be Basara I think I might walk into enemy fire a couple hundred times just to make my day. I'll need to get a screen saver of him singing his horrible 80's rock and exploding. :D

"-Fokker and Kakizaki will not appear in the game. While the fold phenomenon on Uroboros allows for characters from different periods to make an appearance, the period in their own timelines is fixed. Therefore, the Macross TV characters appear on Uroboros at a point when, in their own time, Fokker and Kakizaki are already dead. Similarly, Max and Milia come in from Macross 7. Their younger SDF Macross selves will not appear
(having 2 sets of the same characters would be strange, apparently)."

I love how they are taking the story seriously. The dynasty warriors gundam 3 story that tried something like this I don't think turned out well. Even though we won't be able to fully enjoy that story except in youtube translations and gamefaqs help.

-Main story is fully voiced. Various animated scenes and illustrations made just for the game.

I'm so jealous they are making it fully voiced. On dw3 again it was a big let down for me scrolling through pages upon pages of text. Again a shame we won't be able to enjoy the text. Blast you Harmony Gold!!!! :evil: I'm also looking forward to the original animations. I loved watching those in the Gundam 30th game.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Compass

You don't like Sheryl Nome?

I mean, the first songs were kinda over the top, but Yosei was really good ;_; as were all the duets. I really want to play this but I suck at reading Japanese (read - illiterate)
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Arbiter GUNDAM

NastyNate wrote: If they make me be Basara I think I might walk into enemy fire a couple hundred times just to make my day. I'll need to get a screen saver of him singing his horrible 80's rock and exploding. :D
I think you mean awesome 90s rock. :D

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

Some really good looking new content. If they make enough new story to make it feel like a new show then that will make up for some of the fact that they did not make a new anime for the 30th. I'll still probably wait for the price to go down a little bit, and I want to hear some reviews from some folks. Unbiased ones that is, unlike you Arbiter Gundam :lol: :P

DuelGundam2099

I'm not feeling anything because I don't know what the PV was talking about. :? New ghost aliens are the main enemies?
NastyNate

What about the girl in the toob? Looks like there is going to be a tragic moment where she is captured and used as a weapon and the main guy has to save her. Sounds like a good story. But that's just me looking at the video.

DuelGundam2099

What about the girl in the toob?
*Tube

That is what that was? I thought she was an alien commander.
NastyNate

Yes I just watched it again. It's the girl from the cover of the game that has Blue hair. So I think we'll have our typical love triangle with the pink haired pilot and this blue haired Eureka 7 girl.

Arbiter GUNDAM

Yes, I believe that's the scene where they discover Mina in the Protoculture ruins on Ouroboros. As for the primary antagonists of the game, I believe they're the special NUNS task force HAVAMAL.

--Freyja Wion
NastyNate

We are getting a little bit Zoids Chaotic Century with this story. This girl is like Fiona.

Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

Looks like we're also going to be getting a novelization of the game.

--Freyja Wion