Gundam Extreme VS.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mark064

Re: Gundam Extreme VS.

Totally was not expecting this but the newest update is the Xi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GV11uSb ... r_embedded
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
AmuroNT1

Yeah, we've been posting the updates mostly in the general Gundam Games topic. The rumors say the December unlocks are Wing Zero TV and two new bosses, Big Zam and a centaur-like form for Extreme Gundam.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mu La Flaga

So is this unlocks as in they come in through a free patch with them or is this like DLC stuff?
Just to check, since some games like Tekken Tag 2 had their unlocks for characters on certain dates and all that.
AmuroNT1

The game is still in arcades, so it's simply system updates. The MS available in the arcade will probably be freely available at the start in the home version.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Mu La Flaga

Ah ok then, nice to know some of them will come as system updates then most likely.
balofo

DLC PACK 4 COMING FOR PS3 EXVS

Http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/ima ... table4.png

includes XI and GP03, 500 yen each

It must be for the Best rerelease

Looks like we won't get EXVSFB for LONG TIME
AmuroNT1

The link on the official site is gone, but someone managed to grab a decent pic:
http://i.imgur.com/lNPOT.jpg

Also available is a Complete Pack, with all six DLC suits from last year bundled for 2000 yen, a 33% price drop.

On top of that, they've announced the Best Seller version of the original, which has an MSRP of 3800 yen (roughly $40 US). Depending on how long it takes Full Boost to come out, anyone who really wanted the game might wanna snatch this one up.

AmuroNT1

Well, Bamco's response to the leak has been revealed by the new splash page for the Full Boost website:

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/8646/a8wqqvpceaanhu7.jpg

They're just opening up and copping to it. Hell, this image even reveals the Zaku III Custom, which NOBODY predicted. Well played, Bamco, well played.

balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:Well, Bamco's response to the leak has been revealed by the new splash page for the Full Boost website:

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/8646/a8wqqvpceaanhu7.jpg

They're just opening up and copping to it. Hell, this image even reveals the Zaku III Custom, which NOBODY predicted. Well played, Bamco, well played.
Clearly GP03 and Zaku III were made after the initial arcade EXVSFB plan, if it was for the port we don't know
ZeonsSilverStar

I'm pretty sure I've said this before but I'm gonna say it again, this is shaping up to be one of the best Gundam games around. I can't tell you how long I've wanted the Zaku III to be playable. The only way this could be better is if they have the Zaku do a kamikaze as its EX Burst attack.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I90MOjkTkL0

DLC trailer for Xi and Stamen. The Xi is literally just clips from the Full Boost trailer (in fact, people noticed that the trailer seemed to be made in the original ExVs shortly before all this news came out), so the Stamen is the more interesting. It still has the "summon Orchis parts" concept from Gundam vs Gundam, but adds the megacannon and giant beam saber to the missiles and demolition chain, and has an EX Burst that subjects your opponent to Cima's rather unfortunate and Freudian demise.

domino

When I heard that GP03 would be included, I was kinda hoping to see them allow you to summon the Orchis for a limited time (similar to how V2 can summon Assault Buster for a limited time). Imagine the missile spamming possibilities!!

I'm curious as to why they included TV Wing Zero though. Isn't that version less popular than the EW Wing Zero? Also, I never played Next Plus so I have no idea how they will differentiate TV Wing Zero from EW Wing Zero. Will it be another case of similar gameplay ie Nu/Hi-Nu?

I'm SO GLAD that they included Gold Frame and Allelujah FINALLY!!
AmuroNT1

The ExVs Wing Zero EW is actually an amalgamation of the two Wing Zeros from Next Plus. Their individual differences:

-Main Weapon: Both use the Buster Rifles; TV fires big beams while EW fires big shots like Zeta's hyper mega launcher that down in one hit.
-Charge Shot: TV's is the Rolling Buster Rifle. EW gets the Twin Buster Rifle, which can be charged three levels for more damage and Super Armor, and also has a Multi-Lock Charge Shot where it fires a Buster Rifle at a different enemy.
-Melee: TV has really silly-looking acrobatic, ballerina-like moves (including Chun Li's Spinning Bird Kick), while EW has more orthodox moves (including a three-part issen that can be used in pretty much any combo).
-Sub: Both use Machinecannons.
-Special Shooting: TV has the Twin Buster Rifle, while EW has Flight, which is a quick "jump".
-Special Melee: TV has an overhead slash, EW has a stab followed by a front flip slash.
-Assist: TV has Vayeate, which fires a beam cannon blast; EW has Deathscythe Hell EW, which clotheslines the enemy and carries them off a distance.

The Extreme Vs version of Wing Zero EW has:
Main: TV's Shooting and Charge Shot, regaining EW's Multi-Charge in Full Boost
Melee: Completely original moves, but they resemble EW's more ordinary moves than TV's acrobatics
Sub: Machinecannons (both versions are identical); in Full Boost these were replaced with a Tallgeese III assist, which is functionally the same as TV's Vayeate.
Special Shooting: TV's Twin Buster Rifle
Special Melee: EW's Flight move

Early reports on Zero TV in Full Boost seem to suggest it'll be more melee-focused, and will have the ZERO System, which will somehow cut enemy tracking. Whether this means it's a fast dash like Freedom's old SEED Mode or a timed Super Mode like F91's MEPE, we don't know yet.

domino

It'll be interesting if the TV Wing Zero has the ZERO system but I can't see why it would be more melee-focused since that's never been Wing Zero's focus (TV or EW). Thinking about it now, I think the main differentiator will be that it can transform into Neo-Bird mode. Its Full Burst attack will probably be somehow different to the EW Wing Zero.
Mattro

EternalPunishment666 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/Mh98p.jpg
glad to see the gaia in this.
ZeonsSilverStar

Well I went ahead and got both the Xi and the Stamen but I can't say how either play since I'm in the middle of a lenghty update.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

I'm still waiting on my money from Japan-Codes. D:

Also, rumor currently claims that Gaia and the Gerbera Tetra will be the next DLC. Again tho, rumor.

balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:I'm still waiting on my money from Japan-Codes. D:

Also, rumor currently claims that Gaia and the Gerbera Tetra will be the next DLC. Again tho, rumor.
I discovered through data mining that there are 4 more DLC units in the 1.02 patch, but can't identify them...
AmuroNT1

Well, apparently there's an extra slot in the Destiny sub-section, between Destiny and Luna's ZAKU, so some people are banking on Impulse.

Anyway, I finally DL'ed these two, so here are my thoughts:

Stamen: I loved using this guy in Next Plus, and IMO he's mostly on par with his past performance. Mostly. The big changes are mapping the missiles to the same button (Neutral fires two sets of three, fan out slightly, cause small blasts; any direction fires about 10 micromissiles), so they can give it the mega beam cannon (which is a standard stationary gerobi). While the melee moves are overall better, the demolition chain isn't, and you can't freely combo into it anymore or delay the explosion; as is it's mostly only useful as a quick evade and occasional melee counter. Burst Attack is the Cima impalement, which is basically a more complex version of the last shooting. It feels a little slower than it was last time, too. And of course, the heavy reliance on missile-type weapons could be a problem. OTOH, this guy is a really good boss-buster. Overall I still like it tho.

Xi: I think the best phrase to describe this guy would be "Tank". He's beefy and slow, but can make your life a living hell with all his missiles. The BR is the large-bullet kind, but still requires three hits to down. The funnel missles work kind of like Arche's melee fangs, only they float rather than crumple-stun. The mega beam cannon actually adds in about six missiles during, so it isn't just a stationary gerobi. Of course, the CSb missiles are annoying, but slightly mitigated by the charge time. Minovski craft mode gives you good mobility and a front-side beam barrier, but is of course timed. Melee set seemed pretty good from what I saw. Burst Attack is Full Fire, which is basically a combination of the mega beam cannon and CSb missiles. I honestly felt a little lukewarm on this guy, but that's probably just me. Also, sadly, they didn't bother giving HF its own spot on the tracklist, so you'll have to pop a track into an extra slot; my recommendation would be this awesome fan-edit that combines the G Gen and Gundam Battle Universe versions of the HF theme.

EDIT: Some corrections...
-I have been informed that you can cancel into the demolition chain from either the bazookas or the container missiles; since you can't rapid-fire the missiles the way you could in Next, this could be really useful. Also, it's ammo-based and therefore doesn't use up any boost.
-Xi's "beam barrier" effect is just an effect; it doesn't actually stop enemy beams.