Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
balofo

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Marchosias story mode can be finished in 3:30 hours first playthrough...

ZF is less than 2 hours and no Gouf Custom or Dom Tropen...

stream archive

http://www.twitch.tv/gine22/b/532889964
AmuroNT1

It's the time allotted for the mission, in this case 600 seconds.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
NastyNate

Does anyone have or have on order the new Gundam game? I noticed this site bellow first impressions. Does anyone that has played it, have some first impressions?
http://www.mechadamashii.com/news/news- ... pressions/
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Xenosynth

Basically, it seems like a typical Gundam action experience, decent weapons and suit variety, which to me is still fun. The main problems with it are bland environments (much like pretty much every Gundam game ever), and repetitive gameplay.
AmuroNT1

Not to mention lack of multiplayer, which killed off a lot of the interest with people I know.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Eh, that's not usually that big of a deal to me. Gundam is a series I prefer playing alone, Breaker being the exception. 0081's multiplayer and free mode in general was really repetitive. I don't see lack of multiplayer really a defect, especially with how many games are forced to put it in by publishers (Like Spec-Ops: The Line, where the multiplayer made some people actually review it more negatively since they had to outsource it since the publisher required them to have it, and so the multiplayer wasn't that great.) Though I will admit, with the 3 man system in place, they could have put in an interesting multiplayer.
BrentD15

Xenosynth wrote:Eh, that's not usually that big of a deal to me. Gundam is a series I prefer playing alone, Breaker being the exception. 0081's multiplayer and free mode in general was really repetitive. I don't see lack of multiplayer really a defect, especially with how many games are forced to put it in by publishers (Like Spec-Ops: The Line, where the multiplayer made some people actually review it more negatively since they had to outsource it since the publisher required them to have it, and so the multiplayer wasn't that great.) Though I will admit, with the 3 man system in place, they could have put in an interesting multiplayer.
Yeah, it could've been like an online co-op mode.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
NastyNate

The review above said the environment and effects look worse than 0081 because they where rushed and made so many games in this one. I might wait until it gets cheap now. I actually waited and got 0081 for around $40. I was debating on trying to get this one as my Christmas/Birthday present but I might just go with Borderlands the pre sequel now or something else. We'll see.

Then again I could sell FB and use that money for this game. Decisions decisions.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Calubin_175

It appears that of the 6 remake side stories, only Blue Destiny and Gundam Senki offer both Federation and Zeon perspectives.

I don't think we should expect too many stages for each of them, maybe 3-5 at most.
Xenosynth

That's partially understandable. Encounters in Space, Rise from the Ashes, Zeonic Front, and Cross Dimension were all single side campaigns. Lost War Chronicles had both in its game, and Blue Destiny is the only odd one out there, since the original game was just Feddie.
BrentD15

Xenosynth wrote:That's partially understandable. Encounters in Space, Rise from the Ashes, Zeonic Front, and Cross Dimension were all single side campaigns. Lost War Chronicles had both in its game, and Blue Destiny is the only odd one out there, since the original game was just Feddie.
Don't forget that EiS also had the Ace Pilot missions, which involve both EFF and Zeon pilots (mostly Zeon pilots). :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
NastyNate

Who actually ordered side stories?

Calubin_175

Wasn't SNES Cross Dimension played from the Federation perspective? Well anyway, they seemed to have reversed it.

So is PS3 Gundam Unicorn better or this one? It appears that only Missing Link and Blue Destiny offer substantial story, despite the poor gameplay. Are the VR Missions any good?
Xenosynth

PS3 Gundam Unicorn is REALLY fun but short, however it was also sold at a lower price point (5400 yen on launch). As much as people are calling this game 'bad', it's more just average. It's disappointing if you super hyped yourself but it's better than Target in Sight or Neverending Tomorrow. It's just below 0081, Unicorn, Breaker, and Full Boost, in terms of general consensus. Though personally I'd put it on par with 0081, which I feel is really overrated since MS felt... weird to me I guess. And I didn't like how they allow any MS to use any weapon even when it makes no sense (Zaku I with Alex Beam Rifle?), and the custom parts system just made things a bit silly and overly optimized, and by the endgame everyone was just using the same few MS since they were the only viable ones.

At least in games like Missing Link and the Battle Universe games, the weapons available make the unit feel unique, so you have reasons to try out, say, the Rick Dom + Beam Bazooka, or the Act Zaku and its unique sets, etc.

Then again I have weird tastes in Gundam games. It's one of the few games where I think too much customizability is a bad thing because it makes the individual mecha lose their uniqueness. I prefer if things are only upgradeable a bit in stats, and the weapons are fixed or are based on the limited weapons that a unit can use Gundam-realistically. At least by the Unicorn Era, all weapons make sense to be passed around, but OYW era, with all its suits, it's a bit negative for me to have things go too out of hand.
Calubin_175

I like Gundam games that could portray the progressive generational shift in MS performance, and hopefully an action game. Giren's Greed: Axis no Kyoui V did it well as it was a free scenario game where you had to keep up with technology level in order to keep in the game. It was clear that if your mainstay grunt was one level behind, you would be decimated.

0081 Senki had a bit of that, the progression from a Zaku I to a Gelgoog, but still remained during OYW.

Side Stories didn't really offer progressive generational MS combat as the 0090 era MS were little and only served as cameos.
Xenosynth

http://www.mechadamashii.com/reviews/re ... ories-610/

Full review is up. Basically, 6/10, so above average (Mecha damashii isn't like other site reviews where anything below an 8 is bad >_>). From the article, and from what I've talked with Cacophanus briefly about on twitter, the game has a good engine and the gameplay isn't bad, it mainly suffers from trying to do too much. They shouldn't have tried bringing in all of the side-games stories because it is clear by the cutscenes and whatnot that they tried doing too much at once, and the scope became too large for the team. Disappointing, but still a solid game.
Calubin_175

It is funny how Side Stories featured only one transformable MS; the ZII, and its angled view on the wave rider in space is very reminiscent of PS3 Gundam Unicorn.

I am not sure whether the Gaza D transforms.
HellCat

Has there been a confirmed list for countries who will be able to play Duel Company? Got the Pale Rider promo card (which contains solid English translations under the Japanese), went to the site which was buzzing about how countries outside Asia would be involved, logged in and...once again the UK is the leper of Gundam fandom.

Appreciate they'd need to secure some means of releasing the cards here for it to work, but this sounded like a fun online experience.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Calubin_175

Side Stories is now way cheaper, but I think will wait till it goes down to 30-40 USD.