Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Xenosynth

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

What is the context for the Banshee fully armed there?
BrentD15

Xenosynth wrote:What is the context for the Banshee fully armed there?
Just so that Banshee could have a full-armor mode like it's brother unit. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Xenosynth

I meant, just as in, why is that in the upcoming games/releases thread. Is it a design for Triage?
Calubin_175

Well I posted that boxart for UC Great Works 2 because that weapon setup is inspired by the Triage original Full Armor Plan B. People could even achieve that Banshee setup on the boxart with model kits and Robot Damashii.
Lord Dearche

So apparently a recent interview confirmed a that we'll soon be getting the first info for the new PS4 title.

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/gundam-ps4-a ... oming-soon

For those who don't remember it it was previewed at TGS last year during Sony's massive PS4 and Vita presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek1MFRBsSxg

No official title exists, they've only revealed that it's code name is "Project All Gundam".
DragoMaster009

Here's something new from the Try Age game, any thoughts on this machine?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gundam_Dryon_III
AmuroNT1

There's not much to say, really...it's Tryon 3 in the same black and gold color variant that every Super Robot inevitably gets.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Lord Dearche

Pretty much. It's also been out for a couple weeks now.
AceOfSpades1

I thought we were getting a new gundam for PS4 soon?
"Ol' Uncle Ace is here to stay"
Xenosynth

Not really 'soon,' we've had 2 teasers but no concrete date. Literally the only info we know is that it'll be multi-universe.
AceOfSpades1

I am Really REALLY sick of this honestly; promises, promises only to be let down...but here we go 4 months later another 'well polished' naruto game. The best Naruto games were on PS2 end of story, but Gundam which has NUMEROUS good games never see release stateside. Maybe 1, possibly 2...usually the ones of lower quality and they don't sell well because they aren't that good and then it's used as an excuse not to bring more.
"Ol' Uncle Ace is here to stay"
Mimeblade

I need to ask, since I don't know, but...

Is Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn worth getting? I play Gundam Breaker 2, so I just wanted to know if it's better or worse or not.
Xenosynth

Out of all the musou games, I know I find Dynasty Warriors Gundam to be the least engaging, and most people I know who got Rebirth disliked it or stopped after a week of play. Breaker 2 on the other hand my group played for a month straight nonstop, and we still occasionally jump on it. So... I think Breaker 2 is a much better game by far. Hell, I think Breaker 1 beats out DWG for me at least.
BrentD15

I personally recommend it. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
NastyNate

A couple of Gundam Games I never did get's prices currently:

Breaker 2: $35
Gundam UC: $15.
Side Stories: $20
Not gundam but close Macross 30th: $30

They have gone down a good bit. Any recommendations if they are worth the price?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
InjuredPelican

Of those I have only played Breaker 2. Its pretty fun. Its not a true Gundam experience in terms of story and all that, but it has loads and loads of mecha and options for making your own dream MS. Online coop can be a lot of fun as well.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
NastyNate

InjuredPelican wrote:Of those I have only played Breaker 2. Its pretty fun. Its not a true Gundam experience in terms of story and all that, but it has loads and loads of mecha and options for making your own dream MS. Online coop can be a lot of fun as well.
I'm highly considering that one. Is the co op 2 players only? I'm sure that the people online at a lower level is almost nil so I'm considering buying 2 copies to give to one of my friends. I was thinking about buying this friend full boost but I might get this instead.

What would you guys think, this game or full boost?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
InjuredPelican

Breaker 2 supports 4 player coop online. One word of advice, is its perfectly playable for an English speaker but it can be difficult to navigate all of the menus and such. Using a wiki guide can be handy for that game.

Full Boost is much faster paced with the focus on competition. If you really like playing against others online Full Boost is a good bet. It does have local multiplayer for 2 players, though it has a little lag.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
nilcam

NastyNate wrote:A couple of Gundam Games I never did get's prices currently:

Breaker 2: $35
Gundam UC: $15.
Side Stories: $20
Not gundam but close Macross 30th: $30

They have gone down a good bit. Any recommendations if they are worth the price?
Gundam UC is a shell of a game that requires paid DLC for most of the game. I'm really enjoying Side Stories. It has its issues but I find it enjoyable. The graphics are rough in places. MS movement is a somewhat clunky but it feels authentic to the way I imagine OYW suits would operate.
AGF-Antoine

Did anyone else see the new trailer for Gundam Battle Operation NEXT?

If not, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-sLtt7oB0g

I am pretty hyped for this game, then again, I always love Gundam crossover games.

AGF-Antoine