Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Meanwhile, the game I'm currently anticipating:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/862/862488/

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/858/858083/

I do hope the rumors about more of the Second Riders being playable are true...it was pretty disappointing to see how many of the original actors they got to come back in the first game, only for them to be NPCs.

Though at the very least, it does look improved from the first game. Not that that game was bad per se, just unpolished and needing a bit more work. It was still fun, but there were parts that kind of bogged down.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

http://www.24-7gamer.com/dynasty-warrio ... s-content/

The UK release of DWG Reborn will have 2 different pre-order DLCs.

Pre-order from GAME and you get the original Bearguy to use. Pre-order basically anywhere else and get an extra level where you face off with Char and Johnny.

Surprising to see them do pre-order DLC outside of Japan really.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Outlaw

HellCat wrote:Has there been a confirmed list for countries who will be able to play Duel Company? Got the Pale Rider promo card (which contains solid English translations under the Japanese), went to the site which was buzzing about how countries outside Asia would be involved, logged in and...once again the UK is the leper of Gundam fandom.

Appreciate they'd need to secure some means of releasing the cards here for it to work, but this sounded like a fun online experience.
Been digging into this one for you but haven't really come up with anything yet. I just saw that they posted an english trailer on youtube a few days ago (sorry, must have missed it with E3 going on) but all it confirms is a "worldwide" release in July. I haven't found any info about availability other than the main site's blurb about details coming soon. I'll keep an ear out, if I hear anything about the UK situation I'll post it.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
NastyNate

Hello All.

1. I think the preorder for DWG Reborn is this week. Is anyone here planning on getting that? Is anyone here planning on playing that one online?

2. Sorry for bringing this up again. What is the general consensous on Gundam Side Stories? As a big fan of Gundam 0081 does it bring enough to the table to justify full price?

3. Does anyone still play Gundam Full Boost? I don't play it much because the only group I know that plays it starts at Midnight. I'd love to have more folks to chat with on skype while co oping arcade mode. My psn is NateSan07. If we could get 4 of us together I'd love to do a skype chat and game as well. Anyone up for that too?

Love,
Nate
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Xenosynth

Every Wednesday and Saturday we have WeeabooMode/Taco's Beginner nights, that starts at 9:00pm Eastern time, and ends at midnight eastern. We usually have 12+ players. PLus the players in the room sometimes have impromptu sessions. I believe you are already in the skype room for it.
NastyNate

That's a great idea Dylan. I forgot about that. I joined that skype group by being added, but I had no idea when things happened. That's a real great time. What happens when that Saturday falls on Adam's thing?

Now if I could just figure out 1 and 2.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

AGF-Antoine

HellCat wrote:Pre-order from GAME and you get the original Bearguy to use. Pre-order basically anywhere else and get an extra level where you face off with Char and Johnny.
Thanks for posting that here, due to that I bought my copy from GAME.co.uk xD.

I sure love getting me some Beargguy hugs :mrgreen:
NastyNate wrote:1. I think the preorder for DWG Reborn is this week. Is anyone here planning on getting that? Is anyone here planning on playing that one online?
I bought it, as mentioned above. I am just not sure if the US-version and PAL-version will have shared online now, considering the format differences.
Although I will play it online, at least till I get all the online trophies (if any).
NastyNate wrote:2. Sorry for bringing this up again. What is the general consensous on Gundam Side Stories? As a big fan of Gundam 0081 does it bring enough to the table to justify full price?
As someone who Platinum'd Side Stories just yesterday, I would say, don't waste your money just yet.
The game can be frustrating annoying at times (especially the Zeonic Front themed missions) and it also has the annoying boss can't die till the talking is over glitch. And besides that, the game is in no way comparable to 0081, it is a more faster paced actiony game.

AGF-Antoine
NastyNate

Thanks for the Tip AGF! Sounds like maybe a wait until it's drops in price if at all, for Side Stories.

The DWG trailer said preorder starts 6/24 I should look into this.

JDogindy

I got Overworld about a week ago, and I really need to download the data, but I don't have enough space on my flash card.

That said, I actually find it to be more fun, and TBH, a much more enjoyable game than SRW Hakai-hen. Yes, I prefer freedom in my mecha strategy game than story.

And playable Nena...
AmuroNT1

Gonna stream the original Kamen Rider Battride War tonight at 10PM EDT on twitch.tv/AmuroNT1, in preparation for the sequel's release tomorrow. I'll host a small Skype call if people want in to chat or remark on the gameplay, but it won't be a big room like with the ExVs streams (in part because it's a single-player game). If you want in, send me a message on Skype beforehand; don't just call and expect to get in.

EDIT: The stream went great, again, special thanks to Xazavier and Doc for showing up and helping chat things up. Don't think I could have carried the whole thing for 3 hours by myself.

Of course, about 20 minutes before the stream ended, I got notice that Play-Asia had sent out my copy of the sequel. Too bad I didn't check my mail before signing off or else that would have made a great way to close it out.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

HellCat

Been playing DWG: Reborn.

Not quite sure what to make of it. My overriding current feeling is it's less of a game and more of a Gundam educator visual novel. The main focus is on the stories of most of UC and the two CE shows. What this means is LONG story sequences that are mainly made up of a narrator summing up how the story went, with the odd key dialogue scene seemingly newly recorded (though I swear Banagher screaming 'FATHER!' has been ripped straight from the OVAs, awkwardly cut explosion sound and all). You can often be sitting through what feels like 10 minutes of backstory to get to finally play something. The start of Unicorn itself is a brilliant example- sit through a painful blow by blow account of episode one, briefly fight Marida and then watch as a CG cutscene takes over to show Unicorn lobbing the green pepper into space.

The other mode is essentially no real story, just fanwank. Bright has assembled the greatest Gundam pilots from history (aka the Gundam pilots they bothered to put into the game), convinced they'll make the ultimate fighting force. How he achieved this is....currently unexplained but after some tutorial levels you get to play uninspired storylines such as a continuation of the theme where Revil has bright recruit the pilots for a sequel to Operation V, while Lacus is Bright's assistant for some reason.
AmuroNT1

That kind of reminds me of the Project Zeta storyline in Gundam vs Zeta's UC Mode. It started off with Garma surviving, which cascaded into all the guys White Base killed living, and eventually Zeon winning the OYW.

...And then it proceeds to turn into "The OYW only with Zeta-era machines", which includes re-creating events you ALREADY DID IN THIS TIMELINE, including the battle where Garma should have died. The only saving grace was how amusing some of the alternate-color MS were (like Char getting a red Hizack and Hyaku-Shiki), and insane crap like the Black Tri-Stars in Psyco Gundams.

Although I will say the idea of Bright assembling all the Gundam pilots so they can just stomp a mudhole in evil is pretty damn amusing.

NastyNate

Is the online mode in DWG Reborn just a few missions or is it fleshed out well? Does the online have a lobby system this go round, or do you have to invite friends after every game?

HellCat

Haven't tried the online yet. Looked at the PSN Store options, which returns nothing (uh, so where's the pre-order bonus mission? I can live without it, but still...)

Completed Unicorn. It goes up to Banagher saving the two ships, no sign of episodes 6 or 7. Too hopeful to wish for DLC?
Also went through the Destiny storyline. Amusingly, much of what they feel the need to relate is basically 'Shinn's head got bigger and bigger, as these dialogue scenes of him being a dick to Athrun show'.
You face Destroy several times and I really don't like the giant enemies now. In 2 they were a challenge, 3 made them more balanced if ocassionally too easy. Here? You seemingly have to be very precise aiming for certain points which explode when they take enough damage. Given my most replayed 3 level is 'Final Challenge of the Giants', I don't really like the change.

The Burst and SP attacks are amusingly overpowered. Kira and Athrun can blast the field with METEOR which is directly followed by Archangel carpet bombing the area.

Something I want to give credit for is the way the maps actually have some range now. I liked how in 2 there were ground maps and space maps (technically the latter is the former with no visible floor) and how in turn you could only use certain type MS in each. 3 just threw that out completely and overall had 3 generic fields. Reborn has some attempt to make this better. You'll still be dashing around the map but there's visual touches. Go after Sinanju in orbit and suddenly re-entry effects appear. Trying to save Audrey from the skies? Then you're going to have to deal with strong wind currents blocking your progress. Fighting Abyss at sea? Then bad luck, it can and will dive underwater only to emerge elsewhere. Simple things that make the game feel more alive.

Also tried another non-can story. A garbled message from Usso has the team looking for a blonde woman. What makes this kind of amusing is the references- Bright is told they need to find salt because the cook is making a fuss. They decide to try Orb, which sets Bright off about his prior visit to a neutral nation in Side 6.

Bright: "All our guns were sealed and we were told there'd be huge fines if they came off"
Setsuna: "Did they?"
Bright: "Of course not"
AmuroNT1

Giving more advance notice this time:

This Wednesday I'll be streaming Kamen Rider Battride War II on my Twitch channel (www.twitch.tv/AmuroNT1) at 10PM EDT. As with last week, I'm willing to allow a few guests into a Skype call to talk about the game or whatever else comes to mind, as Xazavier and Doc did last week (and their participation was greatly appreciated).

ZeonsSilverStar

Just freed up some space on my PS3 and said "oh what the hell." and decide to get DWGR. To be honest from what I've read and seen I don't expect anything mind blowing but I've got forty dollars to spend and the FA Unicorn and Crossbone X1 will both be playable eventually.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

Just to remind people/let those who don't use Twitter know, I'm still gonna stream tonight at 10PM EDT (www.twitch.tv/AmuroNT1). However, the weather has gotten kind of nasty around me so if I don't start streaming or if it cuts out in the middle it's because I lost power, Internet, or both.

AmuroNT1

Bandai Namco just announced Super Hero Generation, the latest game in the "Compatible Heroes" franchise featuring characters from Gundam, Kamen Rider, and Ultraman. The included series:
Ultraman: Original, Seven, Tiga, Mebius, Zero, Ginga
Kamen Rider: Black RX, Den-O, Double, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Gundam: Char's Counterattack, Unicorn, F91, Seed, 00, AGE (Memory of Eden)

Source: http://gematsu.com/2014/07/super-hero-g ... -3-ps-vita

AmuroNT1

Hate to triple-post, but I'm going to stream more Battride War II tonight at 10, primarily because they just released the first DLC character (Zangetsu Shin) but also to continue the plotline.

HellCat

Has anyone played the DLC level for Reborn? Amazon screwed up and I won't be getting a code, so just wanna know if I'm missing out or not.