Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
PhineBuyM3

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

I asked a users who browses 2ch on gamefaqs and it seems Maxi Boost is running on System 357.
ZeonsSilverStar wrote:So on the EXVS FB front anybody got any guesses on what the console exclusives will be? I'm open to anything really but I would love to see the Age-2 as unlikely as that is.
I'm also open to anything. For the longest, Epyon and Zabanya were my most wanted units, we got Epyon much earlier than I expected, so I'm, halfway satisfied and I'm hoping Zabanya turns up as a port exclusive or DLC.

But now that they are getting most of the important suits out of the way they can dig more into manga territory.
Outlaw

OK, catch up time:
NastyNate wrote:does anyone know if gundam breaker has a gelgoog that you can play as?
Surprisingly, no. We have a veritable glut of Zakus and a few Doms and GMs but, not a single Gelgoog. Oh, but you can get the Jaeger's rifle if I'm remembering correctly.

Raikoh wrote:There's been some new gameplay footage of the Big Zam and Strike in Shin Gundam Musou this morning.

Also it confirms the presence of the Super Gundam, a blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot of the Buster, and if you can read katakana you can see that Yzak's in (most likely that means the Duel, but I can't see it clearly enough to say for certain).
All that cool stuff and the one thing I'm most excited about? The return to a more open field format.

Xenosynth wrote:ALL DROP RATES ARE IMPROVED THANK GOD.
So much yes. The grind in Breaker can be a real buzz kill and I played Phantasy Star Online so that's saying something.

NastyNate wrote:I know I've made my stance before. I'd really like Sandrock and it is weird how it was not in Dynasty 3. And yet heavyarms was. It's a perfect fit. And I was so upset it was just an assist in Next Plus. Sandrock is a rare suit in any of the games...
Hey, hey, it could be worse. You could be a Mercurius fan... *chokes back tears*
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
ZeonsSilverStar

If more manga mobile suits are added I'd love to see the Hyperion and Dreadnought. Although I've never actually read it I know a lot of people would love to see Ecole du Ciel added in some capacity, as well as Sentinel.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
NastyNate

How about the Hydra Gundam. I thought that one was cool in Gundam Battle Assault 2. I don't think that one has had a 3d model before.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
BrentD15

NastyNate wrote:How about the Hydra Gundam. I thought that one was cool in Gundam Battle Assault 2. I don't think that one has had a 3d model before.
I'd definitely love to see Hydra Gundam, with it's Full Power mode as its Awakened state. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
ZeonsSilverStar

If the Hydra were to be included as an exclusive or put into a future game I assume the Griepe would be put in as well. Everybody needs a rival you know.
Outlaw

The new Breaker content is out, and it is an update not DLC so you don't have to muddle through the JP market to get it.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Xenosynth

The normal level drop rate doesn't seem TOO much better BUT.......

DEAR GOD THE TEAM BATTLES! The one where each side has a gauge, those new ones? I've been consistently getting reds and gold rarity parts from the chests that drop on them every room. It's ridiculous and amazing. I've already got 10 star Anti-Beam Cloak, and yeah, pretty awesome gotta say.
AmuroNT1

I finally got my first GN Lance...it's amazing how rare some of these drops seem to be.

Yeah, Team Battles are vaguely like they took the resource meter mechanic from the Vs Series and slapped it into Breaker. As for the Area Raid...I just don't think control point-style games work without the kind of odd terrain you see in FPS games like Unreal and Team Fortress. Then again, it's pretty unbalanced towards the player, since the enemy's only method of stopping you from capping the point is to push you out of its area, like with Boost Tackle.

Also, Mission 54 is good for grinding if you want to get a newbie player some good stuff, since you can get about 10 purple HGs in a single run if you do well enough. And good stuff too, like Master, Heavyarms, and Crossbone.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get a ZZ Head and Heavyarms Legs so I can complete my GOD OF MISSILES GUNDAM.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Yeah I have to agree. The team battles are fine, but dear lord those captures missions are boring and a bit too easy (Except the later ones which are unbearably punishing, but still not fun).

What seems to be annoying is, to unlock the new MS's Ex-acts you need the MG version of the part, rather than just the HG one. I mean, it's understandable given that a lot of them are REALLY strong, but still a bit annoying. (Luckily ZZ's head Ex-act is usable with either the HG or MG head.)

OVerall, I'm still happy with the update. I still hope that we either get future updates/DLC, though from the way the producer talked about the game, he seemed to want it to be the next G-Gen (Each title will offer a significant more than than the last, etc.) If it ends up that way I really hope that they add new gameplay elements/customization elements because I'd rather not pay for Breaker 2 to be a copy paste of breaker with more parts like what happened with SD Gundam G Gen Overworld (Which seemed to take away things for the sake of adding more units.)
iCards

The newest trailer features the ZZ Gundam team, and they are given a pretty awesome moment in the video.
AmuroNT1

Xenosynth wrote:What seems to be annoying is, to unlock the new MS's Ex-acts you need the MG version of the part, rather than just the HG one. I mean, it's understandable given that a lot of them are REALLY strong, but still a bit annoying. (Luckily ZZ's head Ex-act is usable with either the HG or MG head.)
Actually, that isn't true. I got the HG Turn A Legs and Destiny Backpack, and unlocked the respective EX-Acts for them. As for ZZ's Head, it's just a tweak to the existing Hyper Cannon EX-Act.

Been fooling around with some fun builds. Made Crossbone X2 for the hell of it. I freaking LOVE the Crossbones' extra melee attacks. Even if having the brand marker and heat dagger kick is redundant, I don't care.

Also, I love the Destiny Arms and how the Palma Fiocina is a weaker, free-use version of the Shining/God Finger EX-Acts. My only problem is, I equipped them on my Crawling Chaos Gundam, which is a martial arts build...and Destiny sadly isn't a Martial Arts-capable machine. I sat there for a minute wondering why my melee was so sluggish, and then the realization dawned.

And I did manage to make MOST of my God of Missiles build; I had Heavyarms' legs, but I guess I accidentally stocked and sold them. Either way, this thing is a damn nightmare even without the micromissiles adding to it. I know people say bullet-based builds are underpowered in this game, but I don't care; I'm showering the map with more missiles than even Trowa, and following it up with the Hi-Mega Cannon, and it's FUN.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Xenosynth

Actually, a lot of the bullets seemed to be improved with the update at least!

I am glad they finally now have a backpack that adds to the Full Open with the ZZ's Backpack. I am interested in trying out a missile god now.

And... my Ex-acts seem glitched ~_~ It says I have Hyper Transport available for 00 Raiser, but when I equip the parts, my list doesn't even have the Hyper Transport in red, but it's not with the equippable ones either. When I unequip them, I can see them in the red once again.

Edit: I can see Hyper Transport for Destiny, Unicorn, and Susanowo now, but it's still not working with the 00 Raiser. Same with the other moves exclusive for it, (Raiser Sword, the weaker version of the Raiser Sword, Aura Burst). When I have the parts unequipped I can see them in red, so I have them available, but when I unequip them, they disappear. The glitch only seems to apply to the 00 Raiser parts and GN Sword III, both HG and MG.
NastyNate

I am so angry right now at the news sites that had false info! :evil: But at the same time I am super excited now. Gundam Breaker vita does have online play!!!! It did not make since to me why it had "cross play" but did not have online. There was no info on this. And that's because it would not make since to have cross play without online. The news sites Siliconera and Gematsu where incorrect in there info. I'm about to be all over this game!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683992-g ... r/67680189

Has anyone had experience playing with vita players? Does the voice chat work between ps3 and vita?

I sure hope the Asia version of the game will play with the Jp version.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

AmuroNT1

Xenosynth: I'll have to check the Hyper Trans I got with Destiny's wings, and I'll get back to you. Also, for the record, the Gundam X's chest can also be used with Full Open thanks to the shoulder vulcan.

Anyway, we got images of the move lists from the location testing of Maxi Boost!

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5814/g0mq.jpg

What we get out of it...

Gundam AGE-1 (2000)
a: Dods Rifle
b: Beam Saber
ab: Dods Rifle (some form of special shot)
ac: Spallow Equip
bc: Titus Equip
EX: Lamp Burst

Gundam G-Mecha (2000) Transform
a: Beam Rifle
CSa: ?
ab: G-Bull Attack
ac: Gundam Sky Attack
bc: G-Armor Attack
EX: G-Fighter Attacm

Char's Zaku II (2000)
a: Zaku Machinegun
b: Heat Hawk
ab: Zaku Bazooka
ac: Z'Gok (somthing; it's not an assist. Maybe it swaps out for the Z'Gok?)
bc: Three Times Faster
EX: Red Comet Combo

ZZ Gundam (2500) Transform
a: Double Beam Rifle
b: Hyper Beam Saber
ab: Double Cannon
ac: Qubeley Mk-II Assist
bc: Separate
EX: "Everyone's power is in the Gundam!"

Qubeley Mk-II Puru (2000)
a: Beam Gun
CSb: ?
ab: Funnel (Launch)
ac: Funnel (Attack)
bc: Newtype Power
EX: Funnel Maximum Shot

Avalanche Exia (2500)
a: GN Sword Rifle
b: GN Sword
ab: GN Beam Dagger
ac: Special Movement
bc: GN Sword Combo/Jump Slash
EX: ? (something about one strike, might be the boost stab that Exia had in ExVs)

Brave Commander Test Type (2500)
a: Drake Howling Beam Rifle
b: GN Beam Saber
ab: GN Missile
ac: Drake Howling (Gerobi)
bc: Emergency Transformation
EX: "Cutting a path to the future!"

Penelope (3000)
ab: Funnel Missile
ac: Mega Particle Cannon (Gerobi)
bc: Special Movement
EX: Full Fire

Perfect Strike (2500)
b: Anti-Vessel Sword
ab: Beam Boomerang
ac: Agni
bc: Anti-Vessel Vulcan + Gunlauncher
EX: Striker Pack (something)

Legend Gundam (2500)
b: Beam Javelin
ab: DRAGOON (Single)
ac: DRAGOON (All)
bc: Sword Impulse Assist
EX: Minerva Full Fire

ZeonsSilverStar

The Age-1 seems to be what I expected though I have no idea what Lamp Burst is. Same goes for the Zaku, which I'm glad to see is coming back, except for the Z'gok part. I guess it could work like the Kapools is EXVS FB.
NastyNate

Is there any word on paid dlc for Gundam Breaker?

Have they mentioned what kind of improvements online wise Full Boost will have? Spectator mode would be nice.

NastyNate

I finally ordered my copy of Gundam Breaker! I'm super excited. I was worried about grabbing the vita version but now that it plays online it's gonna be so worth it. It cost 75 dollars but it's got 3 day shipping :mrgreen: I hope some of you guys would like to coop sometime. My psn is Nates4Christ. I can't wait to chill on the couch, watch tv, and grind mobile suits at the same time.

Then Full Boost is just around the corner.

AmuroNT1

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:The Age-1 seems to be what I expected though I have no idea what Lamp Burst is. Same goes for the Zaku, which I'm glad to see is coming back, except for the Z'gok part. I guess it could work like the Kapools is EXVS FB.
Well, bear in mind the Z'Gok thing is just speculation on my part. All I know is, it has an attack that mentions the Z'Gok, and it's NOT a Mobile Assist.

From what I've heard "Lamp Burst" is a reference to the AGE video game. Having not played that game, however, I couldn't begin to elaborate.

EDIT: Also, the announcement of a Robot Damashi figure for the Gundam Geminass 01 fills me with hope that it's going to show up in Full Boost or Maxi Boost.

AmuroNT1

Sorry to double, but some new stuff re: Maxi Boost.

A LOT of things are getting their tiers upgraded. For starters, they're removing the 1000 tier COMPLETELY; everything that was 1000 before, like the Zaku II Kai and RaGOWE, is now 1500.

As for individual units...
-Zeong, Hyaku-Shiki, Spiegel, and Heavyarms go from 2000 to 2500
-Full Armor ZZ*, Sinanju, and God go from 2500 to 3000
-And the big winner of the lottery, Arios goes from 1000 to 2500

*Note that as detailed above, the base ZZ is now an entirely separate unit, which I assume means the Full Armor is going to lose the ability to armor purge.