Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
InjuredPelican

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

So, I got a PS3 finally so I could play this and Gundam VS Extreme. I've been playing the beta, and I have to say I like it. I though it might be real mindless, but the difficulty level is high enough to keep me engaged, and all the parts are fun to play with (except for nearly useless Zaku pieces, it seems). Wonder if they'll try to rebalance these kind of things in the full game. I wish my 00 Gundam was already in the game, but I'll just have to wait. I hope Master Gundam is more powerful in the final version. I don't like the idea of it being weaker than Mk II, or even Zeta for that matter.

My only issue so far, is the targeting like others have mentioned, and also figuring out what stats are what in customizing. Right now I have to test it in a stage to know what close to equal parts do (like Master's backpack versus RX-78's backpack).
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

http://www53.atwiki.jp/gandam_breaker/pages/23.html

This ought to at least help a little.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
InjuredPelican

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://www53.atwiki.jp/gandam_breaker/pages/23.html

Wow! There's a bit more complexity to the stats than I would have predicted. Beam protection, physical protection, etc. Armor and weapons have different kind of stats... It will still take some time to make sense of it all, but thank you for the link.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

What I can put together...

Rarity colors: White → Blue → Purple → Red → Yellow

Head Stats:
機体耐久度 - Unit Durability
対実弾装甲 - Solid Defense
対ビーム装甲 - Beam Defense
オプション装備 - Optional Equipment

Body Stats: Same as Head plus
キャパシティ - Capacity

Arm Stats: Same as Head plus
格闘攻撃力 - Melee Attack Power

Leg Stats: Same as Body

Backpack Stats: Same as Body

Shield Stats:
シールド耐久力 - Shield Durability
装備コスト - Equip Cost

Close Combat Weapon Stats:
近接攻撃力 - Close Combat Attack Power
装備コスト - Equip Cost

Ranged Weapon Stats:
射撃攻撃力 - Ranged Attack Power
装備コスト - Equip Cost

Option Stats:
装備コスト - Equip Cost
効果 - Effect
使用回数 - # of Uses/Ammo
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

AGF-Antoine

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://www53.atwiki.jp/gandam_breaker/pages/23.html

Nice, the game isn't even out yet, yet there is a wiki already.
Ofcourse this might also be related to there being a playable demo version.

AmuroNT1 wrote:Rarity colors: White → Blue → Purple → Red → Yellow
Ah, so purple isn't even the rarest kind in the true version of the game.

Also I wonder how far the upgrading of parts will go in the actual game.
I sure hope that the end stats for everything is the same, if only you farm/grind enough money.
Since otherwise the effort of adding stuff like Zaku parts will go totally to waste.

I also hope they will drastically increase the coloring points on certain parts.
Aside from more freedom in adding decals, more like how they do it on SDGO, with the decal points on which you are free to set the decals of your choice.
I for one would mainly use Celestial Being, F.A.I.T.H. and Bisidian.
Possibly some Junk Guild, Serpent Tail, AEU and League Militaire / Shrike Team as well...

AGF-Antoine
InjuredPelican

thanks a bunch, AmuroNT1. Now I have a chart to print up to keep track of things.

Do you guys think there will be way to increase power amount? Because it seems strange that Freedom can't even equip all of its weapons/abilities with the power rating I have in the game. And I'm very curious as to what modules might be for.

As I mentioned with the Zaku rebalance, I would really like to see a sort of stat tier system, where different suits have equal stats but different arrangements, so choosing one over the other is actually interesting, rather than just equipping the strongest parts. I know already that some parts offer additional equipment that offset lesser stats (such as the Launcher Strike pack and shoulder). I also hope that the optional beam sword ability isn't the same for every suit. I understand RX-78 Gundam and GM having the same move, but I was disappointed when Freedom did the very same thing too.

But maybe I'm asking for too much? This game already seems much better than I would have ever predicted from first previews (I'm cynical about Gundam games that aren't in the VS series...).
-Loran Cehack
NastyNate

How do you know what color an item is?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Bryant Molirse

Personally I have all of freedom but the shield, but the game is starting to tick me off since freedom isn't dropping any parts at all right now. (soloing, no deaths, but getting jack for parts :( ) The parts I do have only 2 are level 6, the rest are under that. So far under that I am using a rank 10 MK2 head, and a rank 9 Zeta saber instead because they are better.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
InjuredPelican

NastyNate wrote:How do you know what color an item is?
Each part has an icon. That icon, in the beta at least, is either colored white, blue, or violet. White is common, blue is a little more rare, and violet is the rarest in the beta. The rarer it is, the better stats it posseses. The highest ranked part I have is Heavy-arms' arms (redundant) that were ten stars.
Bryant Molirse wrote: So far under that I am using a rank 10 MK2 head, and a rank 9 Zeta saber instead because they are better.
It sounds frustrating. I'm somewhat happy to know that Zeta and Mk. II have some better stuff than Freedom though.... (I'm not crazy about the SEED bias in these games). In fact I realized the Master Gundam's wings I got have better stats than Freedom's. Though they of course lack the big ass cannons.
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

Yeah, as that Wiki shows I was wrong; the GM and Gundam are also complete in the beta, not just the Freedom.

Xenosynth

I really hope they don't skip out on oddly shaped MS like the Z'gok and the Hygogg and Guntanks and what have you. I am thinking maybe they could just link the parts together kinda like in the AGE game with the Zeong and whatnot?

Oh lord. Also I wish the ball was in the game, and that you could choose it as a torso/head combo, but add legs and arms. The image of that in my head is too great to pass up. But yeah, I dunno. Mostly all we can do is speculate now.
Bryant Molirse

Xenosynth wrote:I really hope they don't skip out on oddly shaped MS like the Z'gok and the Hygogg and Guntanks and what have you. I am thinking maybe they could just link the parts together kinda like in the AGE game with the Zeong and whatnot?

Oh lord. Also I wish the ball was in the game, and that you could choose it as a torso/head combo, but add legs and arms. The image of that in my head is too great to pass up. But yeah, I dunno. Mostly all we can do is speculate now.

Considering the pilot appearance, and gundam game history, I'm pretty sure if it is UC they will put it in, and ignore other more popular designs just because it is hguc for the most part so far.

Lets count in the beta, non UC suits, Master Gundam, Heavy Arms, Launcher Strike, Freedom. Now lets count UC MS, GM, Zaku, Dom, GM Sniper, Zaku Sniper, RX-78, MK 2, Zeta, Sinajui, and those odd Zaku's with the giant axes. Thats already an over 2 to 1 ratio of UC ms, and I guarantee they are making more of them as we speak since other then a couple tweaks, and a few other features the games mechanics are done.

Which means the time they have left before launch will be in content development up till the move on into packaging, and distribution. Considering we have no idea how much is already finished, and add in they have been pretty heavily tossing out DLC for a few other games it wouldn't surprise me if there were at least 3-4 dlc packs of additional units. For another idea of what units might be coming still look at the boxes in level 3, as they wouldn't show machines kit boxes if they aren't gonna end up in the game as well.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
InjuredPelican

I'm kind of hoping that at least every unit that appeared in the Gundam vs Gundam series will be in this game. Add a bunch of grunt units and I think it would be a pretty cool roster until the inevitable DLC comes out.

And despite the obviously huge UC presence in this game thus far, I foresee SEED getting plenty of units. I also think Wing and 00 stand a good chance of getting their whole main teams in the game. Its series like Turn A and Gundam X that I hope don't get too screwed.
-Loran Cehack
BrentD15

InjuredPelican wrote:I'm kind of hoping that at least every unit that appeared in the Gundam vs Gundam series will be in this game. Add a bunch of grunt units and I think it would be a pretty cool roster until the inevitable DLC comes out.

And despite the obviously huge UC presence in this game thus far, I foresee SEED getting plenty of units. I also think Wing and 00 stand a good chance of getting their whole main teams in the game. Its series like Turn A and Gundam X that I hope don't get too screwed.
I agree.
There aren't enough Gundam VS. games that have grunt units.
There's the Federation vs. Zeon, Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam, Alliance vs. ZAFT (1 & 2), and that's about it.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
InjuredPelican

BrentD15 wrote: I agree.
There aren't enough Gundam VS. games that have grunt units.
There's the Federation vs. Zeon, Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam, Alliance vs. ZAFT (1 & 2), and that's about it.
I actually wish there was a special 500 point tier for truly grunt based units in the vs series. But then at only 500 points, its probable they would be dead in one to two shots. Could be fun to mix in some regular zakus and doms, though, as well as Leos and other series' grunts.
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

InjuredPelican wrote:I actually wish there was a special 500 point tier for truly grunt based units in the vs series. But then at only 500 points, its probable they would be dead in one to two shots. Could be fun to mix in some regular zakus and doms, though, as well as Leos and other series' grunts.
I'm all for that. Of course, I was also kind of surprised they never instituted a 1500 tier.

Xenosynth

I agree with the 500 tier sentiment. And hell, even the old Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus game had a few grunts for 1000, like the Dom and Char's Zaku II.

1500 tier would also be nice, what would the primary suits be for it though I have to wonder? (Gouf Custom could be there >.> Given how it still seems so OP compared to most other 1000 units)
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:I agree with the 500 tier sentiment. And hell, even the old Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus game had a few grunts for 1000, like the Dom and Char's Zaku II.

1500 tier would also be nice, what would the primary suits be for it though I have to wonder? (Gouf Custom could be there >.> Given how it still seems so OP compared to most other 1000 units)
I'd say slightly lesser Gundams would belong in 1500, like how Arios was placed a 1000, it should be better than that, as could Aegis and the Duel AS. Maybe an ace custom here and there (like Char's suits or Graham's Flag). If more important suits like Ez8 and Gouf Custom were moved into a 1500 tier, then the 1000 tier could be dedicated to true cannon fodder. But I'm not sure when or if ever they would do that. Its all about the big shiny Gundams (which I do love, don't get me wrong).

If nothing else, I wish there were far more 1000 point machines to choose from. I'm still frustrated that Ramba Ral has yet to appear in the GvG series. I do believe his Gouf would play different enough from the Gouf Custom to warrant it, especially if they emphasized his heat rod (and the fact that "its no zaku", of course :D). There's just too many 3000 point suits for my tastes. Oh, and Kampfer has to come back, just with a better move set. Its absence makes me cry...
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

There was a lot of stuff that I missed in the transition from GvG to ExVs, like the Kampfer and Nobel. I also wouldn't mind seeing some "lesser" characters like Olba.

And I imagine a 1500 tier could consist of things like very low-level heroes, like Arios (as suggested) and Noin's Taurus.

Xenosynth

https://twitter.com/GundamBreaker/statu ... to/1/large

Well, this confirms the Guntank too. I was thinking they might not do MS like that but... now I am wondering how the body/leg mechanics will work on it ~_~