Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Not just down in price, but it's the Best-Seller version.

Tho I think some people might be reluctant to plunk down $50 for a game whose replacement is in arcades right now and will be hitting home sometime relatively soon.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
NastyNate

AmuroNT1 wrote:Not just down in price, but it's the Best-Seller version.

Tho I think some people might be reluctant to plunk down $50 for a game whose replacement is in arcades right now and will be hitting home sometime relatively soon.
I might be willing. Been holding out on this one.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
AmuroNT1

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/1371/1351116024159.jpg

Confirmed: After Extreme Type-Leos Aion Phase and the Mk-II/Super, the next unlock is the RX-105 Xi Gundam from Hathaway's Flash.

Also, some updates from that supposed data leak:
Spoiler
The placeholder list is still the same:

ms=1 Gundam ms=2 Char's Gelgoog ms=3 Acguy ms=4 Zeong ms=5 Gyan ms=6 *NEW
ms=7 Zeta ms=8 Hyaku Shiki ms=9 Messala ms=10 The O ms=11 Gundam Mk II ms=12 Hambrabi
ms=13 ZZ ms=14 Qubeley ms=15 Qubeley mk II
ms=16 F91 ms=17 Berga Giros
ms=18 V2 ms=19 Gun EZ ms=20 Gotrlatan ms=21 Victory
ms=22 DX ms=23 Virsago CB ms=24 X/X Divider
ms=25 EZ8 ms=26 Gouf Custom
ms=27 Turn A ms=28 Turn X ms=29 Gold Sumo ms=30 Corin's Kapool(not unlocked yet)
ms=31 Alex ms=32 Zaku Kai
ms=33 GP01 ms=34 GP02 ms=35 *NEW
ms=36 Exia ms=37 00 ms=38 Susanowo ms=39 Cherudim ms=40 Arche ms=41 Dynames ms=42 Reborns ms=43 *NEW ms=44 Throne Drei
ms=45 Unicorn ms=46 Kshtryia ms=47 Sinanju ms=48 Delta Plus ms=49 Banshee ms=50 *NEW
ms=51 Wing Zero ms=52 Heavyarms Kai ms=53 Tallgeese III ms=54 Deathscythe Hell
ms=55 Nu ms=56 Sazabi
ms=57 God ms=58 Dragon ms=59 Master ms=60 Spiegel
ms=61 Strike ms=62 Forbidden ms=63 Providence ms=64 Lagowe ms=65 Freedom ms=66 Duel AS
ms=67 Strike Freedom ms=68 Infinite Justice ms=69 Destiny ms=70 Gunner Zaku Warrior ms=71 Impulse ms=72 *NEW
ms=73 Red Frame ms=74 Blue Frame ms=75 *NEW
ms=76 X1 Kai ms=77 Full Cloth ms=78 X2 Kai ms=79 *NEW
ms=80 BD1 ms=81 Efreet Kai
ms=82 Zudah ms=83 Hildorf
ms=84 Hi Nu
ms=85 Quanta ms=86 Raphael ms=87 *NEW
ms=88 Strike Noir ms=89 Stargazer
ms=90 *NEW ms=91 *NEW ms=92 *NEW ms=93 *NEW ms=94 *NEW
ms=95 Eclipse Phase ms=96 Xenon Phase ms=97 Aios Phase

-New important leak, now we know the costs for the remaining unlocks! **This is list already excludes the Xi Gundam unlock as a 3000 cost and every unlock before!

3000 cost= only 1 more unlock
2500= 3 more unlocks
2000= 6 more unlocks
1000= 3 more unlocks(Corin's Kapool is thought to be included here)

-We also now the BGM leak list, and this gives us even more speculation fuel:

BGM=01 0079
BGM=02 Z
BGM=03 ZZ
BGM=04 CCA
BGM=05 F91
BGM=06 V
BGM=07 G
BGM=08 Wing TV!!!
BGM=09 EW
BGM=10 X
BGM=11 Turn A
BGM=12 SEED
BGM=13 SEED DESTINY
BGM=14 00 TV
BGM=15 00 -A wakening of the Trailblazer-
BGM=16 UC
BGM=17 0080
BGM=18 0083 STARDUST MEMORY
BGM=19 08th
BGM=20 IGLOO
BGM=21 Crossbone
BGM=22 BLUE DESTINY
BGM=23 Beltorchika's Children
BGM=24 ASTRAY
BGM=25 STARGAZER
BGM=26 *NEW SERIES!
BGM=27 *NEW SERIES!
BGM=28 *NEW SERIES!
BGM=29 *NEW SERIES!
BGM=30 GUNDAM EXA

Now we know that one between 26 and 29 is Hathaway's Flash BGM, therefore we have 3 unknown new series to speculate on(not counting Wing TV since it's already been discovered).

-My guesses:
*some people on 2ch think ms=50 could be either the last UC unlock(100% guaranteed to be Rozen Zulu) or the placeholder for Wing TV unlock(people are guessing it's either Epyon, Wing Zero or Wing Gundam).
*best case scenario ms=50 is UC so that leaves only 3 more spots for unkown series addition, since ms=90 to ms=94 already include Xi Gundam and the Wing TV unlock
*3 more unknown series spots fits exactly the 3 remaing unknown series BGM placeholders! So we know we aren't getting Penelope nor another Wing TV unlock, only 3 more sole new series entries!
*the 3 remaining series could be:
A. Animated works: Gunpla Builders, EVOLVE, AGE, IGLOO 2(?)
B. Non animated works: other Astray series(X Astray more importantly), Origin, G-Unit, G Gen originals, Various MSV(includes UC, SEED, 00 ones), Katana, F90, Silhoute F91, AOZ, Senki 0081, Ecole du Ciel, Sentinel, CDA, etc
*the remaining costs also give us an idea of what to expect, the following are my guesses:
1000=Corin's Kapool is guaranteed, as is the last 0079 unlock; so it only leaves us with either Overflag, Cima's Gelgoog(which shares the same moveset as the Gerbera Tetra, only weaker) or something like the GM Striker Custom from Katana(that would be cool).
2000= i believe they could be GP03 or Gerbera Tetra for 0083, Gaia or Akatsuki for Destiny, Quavarze for Crossbone, Gold Frame for Astray, Virtue or Kyrios for 00 series and Rozen Zulu for UC
2500=either Wing Zero TV or Epyon for Wing TV, Impulse Cornix for Crossbone, Archer Arios for 00 TV, either Brave or Zabanaya for 00 movie, or Ex-S for Sentinel
3000=no idea, perhaps some overpowered 2500 cost mentioned above
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

ZeonsSilverStar

If I hadn't already been sitting I would've needed to take a seat. With the inclusion of the Xi Gundam and the return of the Wing TV suits this might turn out to be the best Gundam Vs game. I just hope the price for the home version isn't a killer this time around.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

Do bear in mind that that data leak hasn't been confirmed, it's just a list somebody posted to 2ch after supposedly somehow getting into the game's data and reading the placeholder labels. So far it's lined up with what we got, but that's no guarantee that it's an absolute list. On top of that, a lot is speculation that just doesn't add up.

My personal theory is that three of the four unused slots will go to AGE-2, Ex-S, and Griepe; no idea what the fourth will be.

NastyNate

If they do what they should have done last time and put 4 player split screen then I don't care what the price is. I said it before this would be the ultimate bring your friends over and have gundam smash. That is the reason I held out on the last psp upscale home release. A game built around 4 players should be able to play 4 players locally.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
InjuredPelican

NastyNate wrote:If they do what they should have done last time and put 4 player split screen then I don't care what the price is. I said it before this would be the ultimate bring your friends over and have gundam smash. That is the reason I held out on the last psp upscale home release. A game built around 4 players should be able to play 4 players locally.
Agreed. The Gamecube version of Zeta Gundam vs Gundam allowed for local four player mode, so why can't the PS3? Its not like Xbox where we have to pay for online gameplay.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:Do bear in mind that that data leak hasn't been confirmed, it's just a list somebody posted to 2ch after supposedly somehow getting into the game's data and reading the placeholder labels. So far it's lined up with what we got, but that's no guarantee that it's an absolute list. On top of that, a lot is speculation that just doesn't add up.

My personal theory is that three of the four unused slots will go to AGE-2, Ex-S, and Griepe; no idea what the fourth will be.
The leak is confirmed, it already got Hambrabi, Spiegel and Xi right. That and the Neo Hong Kong stage from Z. BTW I'm the guy who is spreading this leaked list everywhere :D
AmuroNT1

I'm still iffy on it - shouldn't they have more specific info rather than just vague stuff like "Unicorn gets one more MS"? And the fact that they only list one BGM for each series when we know that there are quite a few with two or three?

Xenosynth

A bit sad they went with the Xi, even if it is the main suit in Hathaway's flash (I prefer the Penelope/Odysseus Gundam).

If it has the Ex-S however, I'll be guaranteed sold on it. I do wonder if they might do something with the Striker Custom might show up in it if only given the suit itself. I find it funny how they can make a manga with an upgraded version of MY personal favorite grunt MS (GM Striker) and somehow make me dislike it. Anyway, aside from that the Xi honestly surprised me so I have no clue what the next will be.
balofo

AmuroNT1 wrote:I'm still iffy on it - shouldn't they have more specific info rather than just vague stuff like "Unicorn gets one more MS"? And the fact that they only list one BGM for each series when we know that there are quite a few with two or three?
They just studied the mobile app website and got all this info, obviously they don't know which specific suit will be added, just the placeholders. The music one is just an entry for each series, since some have 4 songs. Just a matter of time for us to see Ex-S, Rozen Zulu, Gold Frame Amatu, etc in action

12 unlocks to go
ZeonsSilverStar

AmuroNT1 wrote:Do bear in mind that that data leak hasn't been confirmed, it's just a list somebody posted to 2ch after supposedly somehow getting into the game's data and reading the placeholder labels. So far it's lined up with what we got, but that's no guarantee that it's an absolute list. On top of that, a lot is speculation that just doesn't add up.

You make a good point but I'm still excited for the Xi Gundam at least.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
BlackLion

I would love to have split-screen play in the VS series games again, but sadly couch co-op is a dying feature thanks to online gameplay forcing friends to buy at least 2 copies to play with each other. One of the reasons I still play the Gundam Musou games.

And I still have my doubts about that leak... Wing TV just doesn't make sense to add back in the game at all. Every suit from Wing now has an EW version thanks to Glory, and Wing Zero Custom now has most of the original WZ's moveset from Next. Of course it also irks me that people shoot down my wish for Altron to return by claiming Dragon Gundam makes him redundant, then everyone turns around and praises having a second Wing Zero. Bleh. I'd rather have Sandrock Custom in the game anyway.
2NA Fish

Unfortunately, I think the lack of split screen is more due to PS3 limitations than anything else. The game is noticeably so much choppier in split screen even with only 2 players, especially if there are lots of spamming MS in the fight. Try 4 Full Cloths and the game is practically unplayable.

Excited for Xi! Sentinel next please!!
Kuruni

Heroes VS PV

OMG...it's Nexus...it's Nexus!
My girlfriend was a loli.
Xenosynth

O.o I am glad to have another PSP heroes game but wow there are quite a bit more on the PSP lately.

Also for PSP, cannot wait for the Battle Robot Damashii game.
DuelGundam2099

Hero roll call: Ultraman Mebius, Ultraman Nexus Janus Red, Ultraman Zero, 00 Raiser, God Gundam, Turn A Gundam, and Kamen Riders Den-O, W, and OOO.

Villain roll call: Dark Zagi, Turn X, Kamen Rider Eternal, Empera Seijin, Master Gundam, Dr. Maki, Reborns Gundam, Kaiser Belial, and some nega version of Den-O (I have yet to see Den-O).
AmuroNT1

The character is Nega Den-O, the villain of the second movie (Climax Deka). This is greatly disappointing to me, since he's literally just a palette swap of Sword Form as well as the least developed and interesting Den-O villain. The only reasons he keeps showing up in games is he's easy to program, and he's voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa who's always willing to come back.

AmuroNT1

Debut trailer for Xi Gundam:
http://youtu.be/7GV11uSbGx4

Moveset is apparently:
a: Beam Rifle
b: Beam Saber
CSb: Missile Launcher
ab: Funnel Missiles
ac: Mega Particle Cannons
bc: Minovski Craft Mode
EX: Full Fire

Also, the rumored December unlocks from Gundam Ace (no pics yet) are Wing Zero TV, Big Zam, and a new centaur-esque form for Extreme Gundam (ex-'s, not Leos').