Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
bullethead

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

stagrider wrote:Is she related to the girl that asked the player to fight Halphas Gundam from the last game?
I think she's supposed to be the same character.
2NA Fish

I've always called her Uploadia. :P
stagrider

Can anyone confirm this but I've heard that Master Phoenix is a prototype to the Phoenix Gundam.
Xenosynth

Can't confirm the above, btu all I can say is... THE HRAIROO/FIVER IS BACK AND I MUST NOW HAVE THIS GAME. Anyone else know whether or not they are getting G Gen Overworld?

edit: Looked over the list. So many. I think this game will have ALL the ones that were removed from spirits, and just... so much more. Z-MSV is in it, for CCA-MSV they have more than just the Nightingale and the Hi-Nu by adding the Psycommu Geara Doga, this game has everything X_______x.
2NA Fish

No Sangokuden. No Knight. no Musha.

Very nice roster, especially with G-Unit, but still not perfect.
bullethead

2NA Fish wrote:No Sangokuden. No Knight. no Musha.

What? I've seen pics of Mucha and Knight. They're. Dunno about Sangokuden. Is it that Titans colors one? Because if it is, that one's in too.
Xenosynth

2NA Fish wrote:No Sangokuden. No Knight. no Musha.

You are a bit off.

http://pgdp.channel.or.jp/gundam/ggow/list/other.html

There's your SD Originals for Knight and Musha. Did you look at the list yet? Though no Sangokuden HOWEVER! They had the 4 SD warriors ones in the last one and I am pretty sure they wouldn't just drop them.
ZeonsSilverStar

''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Xenosynth

Heh, yes. You can already see little ol' me in the comments 8D And Nates replied to me, woot xD

I'm pretty sure it'll have all series because I've seen Deathscythe's scythe and a few other random things. I wonder if that means the EX-S Will be in there in model form >.> We'll see.
ZeonsSilverStar

I noticed the scythe myself, I hope you can make other combinations like that.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
2NA Fish

Xenosynth wrote:You are a bit off.

There's your SD Originals for Knight and Musha. Did you look at the list yet? Though no Sangokuden HOWEVER! They had the 4 SD warriors ones in the last one and I am pretty sure they wouldn't just drop them.
I apologise for being really nitpicky, but I was hoping for the original Knight and Musha, not the Gundam Musou redesigns. It's like wanting Wing TV as opposed to Wing Katoki Versions.

Also, they've managed to drop units in practically every G-Gen game. Remember how they dropped most of the Advance of Titans roster from Spirits to Wars. We can't assume they'll leave Sangokuden in because they were in the previous game.
Xenosynth

2NA Fish wrote:
Xenosynth wrote:You are a bit off.

I apologise for being really nitpicky, but I was hoping for the original Knight and Musha, not the Gundam Musou redesigns. It's like wanting Wing TV as opposed to Wing Katoki Versions.

Also, they've managed to drop units in practically every G-Gen game. Remember how they dropped most of the Advance of Titans roster from Spirits to Wars. We can't assume they'll leave Sangokuden in because they were in the previous game.
Well, G Gen worlds had about 720 something? Whereas this one is 950. It added in many that were lost from Spirits (And even more, the Hyzenthlay-Rah was not in Spirits.) It also added little ones that were missing, such as the Xamel which was missing for some reason. When I hear the 950 figure I imagined it was the original 720 imported plus 230 new ones, which could more than make up for the ones dropped.

HOwever, I do not know anything about SD Gundam in terms of the series besides the early parody shows which I enjoyed, so I do not know about knight or musha or any of those so that might be why I never really noticed.
2NA Fish

G Generation F actually had over 1000 units, including mountable units like Dodai, Base Jabber, Mega Rider and Fuun Saiki. Considering all the new series added since then, 950 still feels weak to me. :)

SD Gundam has always been treated as the 3rd rate series. Most of the designs come from gashapon and cards and few of them get animated. Knight and Musha were part of the old SD Gundam OVAs though.

The fun part about SD Gundam is the designers could go nuts and not worry too much about technical stuff. That means we get whacky stuff like...

Hyakkimaru(Black Ninja Hyakushiki)

Heavy Metal Gundam

Mask Commander
InjuredPelican

2NA Fish wrote:G Generation F actually had over 1000 units, including mountable units like Dodai, Base Jabber, Mega Rider and Fuun Saiki. Considering all the new series added since then, 950 still feels weak to me. :)

SD Gundam has always been treated as the 3rd rate series. Most of the designs come from gashapon and cards and few of them get animated. Knight and Musha were part of the old SD Gundam OVAs though.

The fun part about SD Gundam is the designers could go nuts and not worry too much about technical stuff. That means we get whacky stuff like...

Hyakkimaru(Black Ninja Hyakushiki)

Heavy Metal Gundam

Mask Commander
That Mask Commander is pretty badass. Would love to see it in normal proportions, even if its body is basically Dijeh's.

Game related, that model kit based video game looks interesting. I can't help but think one could just play with actual model kits (or action figures) instead though... Still, I would really like to equip Turn A Gundam with GN Swords and create other such oddities.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

Well, according to my complete MS list G Gen F has 796, this is including the megarider and tanks and what have you, as well as counting the transformation (waveriders, MA modes, Zeong Head, etc.), so I don't know where you got your 1000+ mobile suit count from. Unless you want me to include battleships.

The data for the normal worlds game is: 707 Units (Not including transformations) 457 Characters, 100 Battleships. I will admit it doesn't have mountable units however I never really found them necessary.

I dunno, I am finding myself doubting that a PS1 game from over 12 years ago managed to have more than a more modern game even if it was across 3 different discs. Nonetheless, you convinced me into finding the game and trying it to see. It's one of the only SD Gundam games I never played so we'll see.

The SD Designs themselves are fun, but just not something I like using really.

Nonetheless, still looking forward to Overworld. With the model game, I am hoping you can swap more than just the weapons, such as heads and all those, etc. Not to mention I did find it entertaining that they made there be different scales fighting as well.
2NA Fish

796? I admit I never got to 100% on F, but my old save game had at least 900 in profile, and Japanese wikipedia puts the unit count at about 1100. Yes, I think this count does include battleships, but it also counts recolours and customs.

Unfortunately, the game is so old that it's hard to find info on. I dunno. Maybe I'm just old and my memory is failing me again... :?

Mountable units were never actually necessary, but they were fun and useful. Especially early game when good flying units were hard to come by, it was so much easier to put your main Gundam on a Dodai and just wreck the place. The new games spoil you by giving you Phoenix so early. Tornado Gundams used to have poor stats and didn't even evolve. You only get Phoenix after completing the game in F.

Anyways, go try out G Gen F. It feels like the most complete G Generation game, with massive campaigns and battleships with HUGE hangar space. You even have your own base with guard turrets that can be upgraded.(These turrets appear in the boss levels in Wars and World.) And you can command mobile dolls too. A lot of amazing stuff that was just dropped in newer games because it was too complex.
bullethead

You know, I would not be opposed to a G Gen F remake with upgraded graphics, UI (one that's more in line with the recent games), campaigns, and unit lists. It would be kinda cool if they tried to make it a 3D game for the Wii U or something, but I'm fine with it being the usual 2D sprites except for certain animations.
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote: Nonetheless, still looking forward to Overworld. With the model game, I am hoping you can swap more than just the weapons, such as heads and all those, etc. Not to mention I did find it entertaining that they made there be different scales fighting as well.
Agreed. Now I thought of something hilarious though: what if, in addition to different scale models, they also had older crappy models from the 1990s-going backwards. You'd have strange off model abominations to destroy.They could even throw in some G-Saviour Models as joke characters. Not expecting this to happen, but it would be awesome.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
stagrider

So what are some of your most anticipated units/characters in Overworld?
Mine are Fon Spaak in the Astraea F2, Odel Bernett in the Gundam Aesculapius, and Knight Gundam
Xenosynth

Well, so far gonna say for Overworld, the animations are noticeably cleaner, whereas I felt in the Wii and PSP version of world they were a bit... blurred. Here's a couple of screenshots I got of the very intro stage, I'm not too far in. THey added a few new bits here and there that were already announced, like Pilot skills. Looking forward to the Fiver of course.

Oh, and something to note, the game intro doesn't contain AGE. Like... almost all the series get some highlight in a fight, even the Avalanche Exia vs the Nightingale, but.... the video just seems to say "NOPE!" to AGE. One of the AGE suits might show up when they show the whole cast in the intro but it didn't get it's own screentime really at all. Oh, and the Shamblo fighting off the 3 Deltas (Kai, Plus, and Gundam) was kinda cool and neat I thought xD

I know there aren't many pics in terms of snapshots but I actually wanna play the game more T_T

http://imgur.com/a/V6WrR

EDIT:

Added in pics from the options menu. You can set shortcuts 8D

Edit Eidt: Also: the intro stage lets you control Banagher, Flit, Amuro (CCA), Domon, and Setsuna, an The Age-1 Being the most boring of the bunch since it's only the AGE-1 normal with the rifle and saber. The Rifle however has a pretty cool animation. And also, best move in the entire game, God Gundam on Horseback using God Finger and then having Fuun Saiki kick the enemy in the face to launch it away. Also, Varied projectiles this time around, rather than most shots being the same, unless this only applies to the main MS, but they actually have different colors and shapes and stuff xD Rather than reusing the same beam rifle shot for all the normal beam attacks.

Last Edit, I promise, but oh lord, Nu Gundam's melee isn't just the beam saber, it's shooting everything, then doing what he did in the Sazabi fight and punching the crap out of the enemy. Along with firing the burger king with God Gundam.

ONE BIG DISAPPOINTMENT: NO AGE-3. THE FURTHEST IN THE SERIES THEY GO IS THE AGE-2 NORMAL. AND NO WOUNDWORT FOR AoZ! HOWEVER THEY DO HAVE ALL THE SPIRITS UNITS, PLUS THE HYZENTHLAY RAH.

I am also slightly confused, the game is advertised as having over 950 units, however, only 784, and if we include warships, it has 893 total. And 510 characters. So I am slightly confused. Maybe it doesn't display some of the silhouettes? Maybe if we include transformations it is higher? I don't know. We'll see when I inevitably by the end of the month have this game 100%ed.