Super Robot Wars Z 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Super Robot Wars Z 2

Nice to see some of the stuff coming our way from PV 2.
DuelGundam2099

Not to be rude, but the PV I posted is the same thing, but with better quality.
I must not have seen, sorry Mr. SP.
And unlike Master Asia, he doesn't exactly have a robot to pilot.
For most of the series? Of course not, but it does get a mechanical beast named after it at the end of the series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical ... n_Mazinger

Hopefully they'll have Count Brocken's as well, he's my favorite of Hell's three generals.
and the W-Tank didn't appear until the space part, did it?
I think it did appear sometime after the appearance of that one beastman general who's half woman and half scorpion who's name escapes me for the moment.
Mr_SP

DuelGundam2099 wrote: For most of the series? Of course not, but it does get a mechanical beast named after it at the end of the series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical ... n_Mazinger
...So he does. I totally forgot about that. And checking the series, it is a piloted machine. Or is Baron Ashura riding it? It counts as piloting, anyway.
DuelGundam2099 wrote: I think it did appear sometime after the appearance of that one beastman general who's half woman and half scorpion who's name escapes me for the moment.
Actually... Apparently, it's only in the second movie. In the series, Yoko pilots the Dayakkaiser and Space Dayakkaiser after the time skip, and Kiyoh pilots it before then, but after getting the Dai-Gurren. Though, the Dayakkaiser and Yoko W Tank are practically just palette swaps - indeed, they might just be the same machine, but repainted and renamed.
DuelGundam2099

And checking the series, it is a piloted machine. Or is Baron Ashura riding it?
It looks like it's piloting it, but I'm not 100% sure.
Actually... Apparently, it's only in the second movie. In the series, Yoko pilots the Dayakkaiser and Space Dayakkaiser after the time skip, and Kiyoh pilots it before then, but after getting the Dai-Gurren. Though, the Dayakkaiser and Yoko W Tank are practically just palette swaps - indeed, they might just be the same machine, but repainted and renamed.
Goes to show how much I know about individual good guy gunmen King Kittan and GL aside. :lol:
Mu La Flaga

Here is a non camera ripped version of the PV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjI86OriKJg
DuelGundam2099

Thanks Mu *sees it* Well, closest thing I see to a Leo is whatever Deathscythe Gundam's attacking at 6:38. I also noticed that most of the mooks getting PWNed were tierens (poor Russian zakus). :lol: Also noticed that what Nu Gundam was slicing was a mobile armor mode taurus.
Arsarcana

A lot of the shows don't have their plot or most of their cast so having the returning Gundams beating up on Wing/00 grunts makes sense since they won't have grunts (or many named enemies) of their own to whack.

Also, that was definitely a Leo that Duo was fighting. In terms of gruntyness I wonder whether it or the Tieren will be the bigger punching bag of the series? I mean, I know Patrick personally will be the biggest but that goes without saying. :D
Bonesy!

From what I hear the VOTOMS units are going to be the punchingbaggiest. If you can hit them, that is.
Mr_SP

Well, the Votoms ATs and Code Geass Knightmares will have the lowest HP and armour. But being SS sized with the sort of agility you would expect of a Real/Dodge-type, they're going to be really hard to hit.

And, yeah, returning series will likely not have much in the way of enemies, hence the use of enemies from similar series for their demonstration, but they've been doing that for ages.
DuelGundam2099

Didn't one of the rumors (posted a few pages back) state their just doing "main units" for returning series? That said, we shouldn't be expecting old mooks unless it's the Chimera Corps........ And so far we only have black and gold types of dragonoids.
Arsarcana

It wasn't a rumor, it was right stated up front (along with CCA and Itsuwari no Utahime only being in for their mecha) that the returning shows would have minimal cast and plot.
DuelGundam2099

http://img525.imageshack.us/i/1298421488476.jpg/

The real robot and it's pilots have been revealed! The mech's name is Blaster, the main pilot is named Crow (who apparently is a misogynist), and his sub pilot is a very feminine man named Tria or Trai or something that looks like Chaos Leo's pilot from the first Z. Crow looks like Takuro from Linebarrels if you ask me. As for Blaster it..... Kind of looks like a very sleek version of a metal armor from Dragonar with a lifter/MAFFU.

I forgot to mention in the second PV video showing that what classic Dancouga is fighting is the second genocidron from Dancouga Nova, whoops. :lol:
hitokirigarou

Looks like Blaster is designed by Seiji Ono who designed the armored modules from the OG and Alpha series.

Supposedly, Nova Eagle and Gaia are default units. When they reach 130 morale/will, they become Dancouga Nova and Godmars respectively. This is the same situation as Grankaiser and God Gravion.
DuelGundam2099

The official transition of the pilots and Blaster:

http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_z ... ginal.html

It also looks like we have a name for the dragonoids at Blaster's last screen cap, can anyone translate please? And for that second one can you say "drag queen"? :lol:
hitokirigarou

^ Jigenjuu (dimension beast)
Den Sethos

Has there been any confirmation whether the post time-skip Armageddon (Go, Genki and Gai's period) story is in?

In any case, there seems to be some animations for the Map attacks. Nice change.
Mu La Flaga

Awesome new scans, figured Wing Gundam would get a map attack.
DuelGundam2099

I might as well ask, is the official name Balgora or Virgola? I've seen a lot of folks at GameFAQs say it's the latter and lord knows when the mech sections of the main site will ever be updated again.