Super Robot Wars Z 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
FlamingGnats

Re: Super Robot Wars Z 2

A lot of people seem to be freaking out about the BGMs shown in that video, when it's almost a sure thing that each series will have at -least- one other we can choose, and usually a lot more.
My youtube channel! Super Robot Wars playthroughs and more!
http://www.youtube.com/user/FlamingGnats?feature=mhum
Mattokaiser

FlamingGnats wrote:A lot of people seem to be freaking out about the BGMs shown in that video, when it's almost a sure thing that each series will have at -least- one other we can choose, and usually a lot more.
I completely agree. If SRW in recent years has shown us anything, it's that you can count on every series in the game to get atleast 2 songs. In Z Zambot 3 had a second bgm and usually those 70's super robots just get their ops and that's it. So I'm expecting a lot more music, mostly from the new series. It'd be cool if some new music was used for the returning series but I'm not banking on it.
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.
DuelGundam2099

Found this at GameFAQs, looks like the main team doesn't like Celestial Being:
http://img852.imageshack.us/i/zqfx3nraf1.jpg/

Also this:
http://img251.imageshack.us/i/12103368.jpg/
FlamingGnats

I just want to get my playthrough started. >> New games are always good for a boost in subscribers.
Vent Noir

From the SRW board: Routes for the first five stages (Origin of title in brackets):

1. The man worth 1 Million G (Banpresto Original)
2. Changing World (Gundam 00 - 3rd Episode title)

Japan Route
3A. Power Up! Mazinger Z (Shin Mazinger (duh!))
4A. Coming Disaster (Dai-Guard - Modified 1st episode title)
5A or 5B

Celestial Being
3B. The Meteor that Hails War (Gundam Wing - Operation Meteor)
4B. Chaotic Battlefield (?)

5B or 5C

5A. We are the Universe's Jack of all Trades (Trider G7 - company nickname)
5B. Super Beast Combination! (Dancougar Nova)
5C. Battling (Armored Trooper Votoms - Episode 4 title)
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Vent Noir

New scan

And additional info on the setup and first five stages:

Protagonist and mecha's abilities change!

When you start the game you can set your birth date and blood type to change the protagonist's seishin set, but after clearing stage 1 you can set the capabilities of the protagonist's mecha.

Picture caption: Depending on whether you choose to excel in ranged or melee combat, the protagonist mecha's weapons' capabilities will change.

SRWZ2's features (2)
The difficulty changes depending on how many SR Points you get.

SRWZ2's features (3)
Power up with seishin commands! Pilots have a maximum of 6 seishin commands to use.
-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 - The Man Worth 1 Million G

Crow Broust, 1 million G in debt. As the payment date draws near, in front of this desperate man appears terrorists calling themselves "WLF". Their objective: The destruction of military equipment supplier Axiom Corporation's research facilities. Will Crow, who once belonged to the special operations unit "Firebug", head for the research facility to battle the WLF?!

Chapter 2 - Changing World

Crow has become the test pilot of the Brasta to pay off his debts. His first mission is to take down the AEU's latest mobile suit, the Enact. However, before the Brasta enters the fray, mysterious mobile suits appear. Their overwhelming dominance in capability turns the situation chaotic...

Major robots introduced - Gundam Exia, Gundam Dynames, Gundam Deathscythe, Enact

Japan Route - Chapter 3 - Power Up! Mazinger!

As news that the "dream energy source" Photonic Energy has successfully finished testing spreads, Atami, where the research facility is located, comes under attack by Dr. Hell's Mechanical Beasts. Kouji Kabuto gets into Mazinger Z, the Super Robot his grandfather Juuzo made, to defend against the Mechanical Beasts. Aphrodite A, developed by Professor Yumi, and Crow, heading towards the Photonic Research Laboratory, fight alongside.

Major robots introduced - Mazinger Z, Aphrodite A, Gundam Kyrios, Gundam Virtue

Japan Route - Chapter 4 - Coming Disaster

In the midst of an event organized by the 21st Century Defense Corporation, a giant scale "Worldquake" occurs for the first time in 12 years. Mysterious beings called the "Heterodyne" appear. 21st Century Defense Corporation employees on location Akagi, Ibuki and Aoyama hop into the Dai-Guard to save as many lives as possible. There, the mystery robot Dancouga Nova arrives. In addition, Mazinger Z, Aphrodite A and Brasta follow.

Major robots introduced - Dai-Guard, Dancouga Nova

Celestial Being - Chapter 3 - The Meteor That Calls For War

Chasing after Celestial Being, Crow moves to North Africa. There he comes under assault from the AEU army, which would never have attacked the Axiom Corporation. The ones who attacked are backed by the Romefeller Foundation - a special unit that exists outside the regular military, OZ. Vastly outnumbered, the lone Crow is powerless. Right then appears a transformation-capable Gundam from the colonies.

Major robots introduced - Wing Gundam, Union Flag

Celestial Being - Chapter 4 - Chaotic Battlefield

Celestial Being stays in North Africa, aiming to take down the AEU's military base. Crow sees an opportunity and manages to break out of their detention, escaping in the Brasta. However, he gets thrust into battle, coming under attack from colony-made Gundams. Celestial Being closes in, and in this hopeless situation, the arrival of the AEU army changes everything. The colony Gundams and Celestial Being work together to hold off the attack.

Major robots introduced - Gundam Sandrock, Gundam Heavyarms

Japan Route - Chapter 5 - We Are The Universe's Jack Of All Trades

Winning the tender to install a Photonic Energy dynamo in Atami, while working the Takeo General Company comes under terrorist attack. Holding on with the Trider G7 and the Shuttle, the Mechanical Beast Army aiming for Photonic Energy sallies forth. To rescue them, the special squadron under the United Nations Department of Peacekeeping Operations, Crusher Squad, is called into operation. In it are not only Mazinger Z and Dai-Guard, but also the Brasta.

Major robots introduced - Trider G7, Shuttle

Celestial Being - Chapter 5 - Super Beast Combination!

Dragon's Hive has assembled 4 civilians to pilot the Dancouga Nova. Forced to sortie, they fight alongside Celestial Being...

Area 11 Route - Chapter 5 - Battling

Pursued by the Gilgamesh army for betraying his comrades, Chirico finds himself in Area 11's Shinjuku ghetto. His benefactor Gotho, having seen through his skills as a pilot, signs him up for a mobile weapon pilot sparring event, "Battling". His opponent is a Knightmare Frame pilot with the nickname of "Crimson Demon of the Elevens", but...

Major robots introduced - Scopedog, Glasgow
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
DuelGundam2099

"Crimson Demon of the Elevens"
Why does that sound familiar? It's been a while since I've seen Code Geass. ><

On a semi related note, I just thought of this minutes ago, but did anyone else noticed that the pilot of Blaster's rival that kind of looks like a crystallized version of Big O looks like Dilandou from Escaflowne? :lol:
Mu La Flaga

Ok so apparently the game was released or leaked early in good old China and here are some clips, first 2 are the demos of the series in game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfsP1E-GoNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYbWsEjSALs

These next 2 clips are gameplay clips from the game and I am LOVING the Gundam Wing animations I really am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVwUR7tfb1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUn3xFIRd6c

Enjoy!
DuelGundam2099

If Gurren Lagann has taught me anything it is that you should never fight someone that can say f**k you with it's sunglasses and keep it's word. :P

Double X Gundam making the most damage of anyone aside from tying with God Sigma and Baldios, that partially made my day. 8)
AmuroNT1

Honestly, what amuses me more than anything else with this game is that Shinichiro freaking Tamaki is a playable character. XD
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
FlamingGnats

I've started my playthrough. First video can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiyUzbl0 ... ideo_title
DuelGundam2099

Lots of mech heads look forward to it. 8)

On another note, I found another video of the first level on YouTube and found this:

http://img683.imageshack.us/i/originy.png/

Looks like Blaster (I am not referring to it as Brasta until I see something official stating otherwise) is an American bot. By the looks of it being so close to the Great Lakes it looks like it's from Chicago (or what qualifies as Chicago in this world). Now the only question left is whether or not it's for the Cubs or Sox. :P
Mark064

Except America doesn't seem to be what the land is called in this but rather the Brittania Union... so to be fair it's a Brittania Union mecha that just happens to be situated where America would be had it existed. D:
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
DuelGundam2099

Well, I just got horribly OWNED. :lol:

And with that in mind three new originals are unveiled! An apparent leader of the dimensional beasts on a throne (seriously), a type that looks like the Inspector mech Gilgau, and an old face from Z1. Not saying who though. Watch the vid at your own risk unless you like being spoiled.
Spoiler
Seriously, the returning face is spoiled in the comments, so don't look down there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNFJMPs4etc
Zechs Merquise

Now the biggest question on my mind is whether Zechs is recruitable.
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
Zechs Merquise

DuelGundam2099 wrote:You might want to look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2k34-bkV94
This pleases me.
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
Mu La Flaga

That was expected but still awesome.
Mu La Flaga

Also I hate to double post but my copy of SRW Z2 Part 1 has arrived so I shall begin playing that in earnest soon, it arrived like only 40 mins ago.
Wingnut

Mu La Flaga wrote:I am LOVING the Gundam Wing animations I really am.
All attack videos of
Wing Gundam
Gundam Deathsythe
Gundam Heavyarms
Gundam Sandrock

No Shenlong yet, but I suspect that's because of WuFei being WuFei.

And the main character's mech for the heck of it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.