Megaman Legends

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
iKhaotic

Re: Megaman Legends

meh, i paid the full price for a PSP on launch day ($250 was it?). so if the 3DS has a luanch lineup great enough to warrant the high price, then i'll look around for deals where i can get the 3DS and a giftcard or some free games with it. and trust me, around launch time, there ARE bound to be a few deals like that around. Best Buy and Target usually comes to mind, those two generally offer giftcard or a free game or two when you buy a console.

......but if the launch titles aren't that great or plentiful, then i'll most likely wait for the first price drop lol.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
Doven

ZeroBusterXX wrote: Not to mention it's already stellar lineup of games. Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake, StarFox, MGS3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, two different Resident Evils, Super Robot Wars, Pilot Wings, and Kid Icarus just off the top of my head.

But, I will say that the timing of the DSi XL's NA release was terrible. Mainly because by the time we got it, the 3DS was announced by Nintendo.

That being said, I was giddy as a school girl when I read about MegaMan Legends 3 on Kotaku this morning. 'Bout damn time.

This is one I can finally check off my list of "Games I've Always Wanted, but Will Never See the Light of Day".

so it has a bunch of games I already beaten and a game that will not come out in the US because of licencing issues, or they will just send the low rent version that has none of the characters and mechs I grew up with and want to play as. Awsome.
Last edited by Doven on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If knowing is half the battle then Im going in unarmed.
1-4-4

iKhaotic wrote:
ZeroBusterXX wrote: But, I will say that the timing of the DSi XL's NA release was terrible. Mainly because by the time we got it, the 3DS was announced by Nintendo.
agreed. i really never understood the need to release the DSi XL. sales were terrible as far as i know
How far is "as far as you know"? I mean, it's not like I know what the sales were like for the DSi XL - but do you actually know better than I do how well it sold?

I always figured the DSi XL was basically the DS "large print edition"... Remember how there was a lot of buzz for a while about "Brain Age" and all that crap? I think that's who the XL is really for. Nintendo's basically been going for certain markets that haven't traditionally been gamers. Some of them don't have good eyesight. :)
iKhaotic

1-4-4 wrote: How far is "as far as you know"? I mean, it's not like I know what the sales were like for the DSi XL - but do you actually know better than I do how well it sold?
when i said "as far as i know", it's an opinion, so it will be different from what you know. and i based what i said on the following:

-i've NEVER seen anyone with a DSi XL personally.
-i know a few people that work at various game stores across my area and they said they have rarely sold one. even when they suggest it to unknowing customers (like parents buying for kids), they would still go for the lower priced DS Lite or DSi.
-all the major department stores (Best Buy, WalMart, Target, etc.) i've been to in the whole central Florida region (it's quite a lot) all have overstocked DSi XLs. i've actually even seen Target mark them down to $145 (as opposed to the $170 MSRP) and they layed there for over a month without a buyer. eventually i noticed that they took the clearance sticker off and put it back in the shelf as regular price again.
-everyone i know that has an older model DS (original or Lite) said they would rather wait for the 3DS rather than upgrade now to a DSi/DSi XL. and i asked this BEFORE the original DSi even came out, because at that time, rumors about the 3DS was already flying around.
-probably going too far here for my "opinion", but....just from the fact that it was released AFTER the 3DS was announced, one could guess that the majority of the consumers would be smart and wait for the 3DS instead of going out and blow $170 on a slightly upsized version of the DSi. as opposed to waiting about another year to get a new fully updated system with new features.

yes i'll agree that they targeted people who needed a larger screen, which somewhat succeeded to an extent. but from a market standpoint, is that REALLY a wise choice? what percentage of the overall consumer are actually people who want the larger screen? what i was getting at was that it was a bad choice on Nintendo's part to make the DSi XL in the first place if they were going to announced the 3DS before it even hit shelves and even worst: announce that the 3DS would release so close to the XL's release. the obvious choice for the fanbase would be to ignore the XL's existence and wait for the 3DS.

i'm not sure if you were trying to get defensive about it or not, but if you did, i apologize. i was just stating my opinion on the DSi XL, not here to convince everyone that it sucks and not to buy it or anything lol
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
ZeroBusterXX

He's actually on to something too, 1-4-4. I know a couple of dudes who work at a Gamestop, and they've both said that the DSi XL isn't the world's best selling DS variation.
Outlaw

OK. Steering this topic off of 3DS and back to Mega Man Legends. There is a post on Capcom Unity with a teaser from Keji Inafune where he says:
"This time around we are going to try out a new style of game development,".

The post goes on to say:
"While we can’t get into too many details, we can say that fans will have an opportunity to be part of the development process like never before as they interact directly with the team! How exactly? You'll have to stay tuned for more news at New York Comic Con!"

So look forward to more news in about... (checks wikipedia) a week or so.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Koshernova

Let me just start by saying, YAAAAAY!! As a big MegaFan, I am really excited with this bit of news. I remember back in the day, I didn't really get Legends at first. It felt like a nonsensical spinoff, at a time when all we had were the Classic and X continuities. I remember thinking, 'except from MegaMan's appearance, there's nothing MegaMan about this game'. I remember I started playing, expecting to reach a boss-select screen. The more I played, the more I hoped for that screen and then... before I knew it, I was hooked. Soon after, I played Legends 2, which was much more involving, varied, and with a fun storyline. Who cares if it's not like Classic or X?

It is a tad odd that Legends is releasing a numbered sequel in a Nintendo platform exclusively (at least as far as we know for now). Legends started as a saga in Sony hardware, and never left it (aside from the port of the first game to the N64). The various Mega Man series do often go through different consoles (the X line, for example, went from Nintendo to Sony, likewise with Classic that went from Nintendo to Sony and Sega). Maybe this will also get re-released in the PSP's successor down the line?
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
Outlaw

OK, looks like Capcom is setting up a site where people can comment, vote, and interact with the development team as they work on the game. There is already a post that explains things well enough so I'm not going to waste time here. Go check it out if you're interested.

Looks like things have already started, as there is currently a poll to determine the design of the game's heroine (why it isn't Roll I have no idea) from one of nine different artists. They also mention something about a trailer appearing at Comic Con.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
ZeroBusterXX

The trailer was nothing special. It was around twenty seconds of a very, very early build of the game. Zero gameplay, but some nice looks at a city, a Servbot and a new Reaverbot.

It looked incredibly promising though.
Kusuriurite

I've been looking for part two for a long time, i have two copies of part one (one that does not work) and have never found part two anywhere or have I ever seen misadventures...not that i'm particularly interested in that one.
Turinu

Back in the day you could have gotten it from Blockbuster when they were transitioning to newer gaming consoles, or the grab bins from a random store or Gamestop for $10 or less. Only place you'll find Mega Man Legends 2 is on the internet at places like Amazon or E-Bay for a staggering amount of cash. Shame, really.

*Hugs his MML2 disc.*

Then again, if you have a store like Gameforce in your area, which is essentially a used game buy/trade store, you have a semi-decent chance of stumbling upon it in such a place.