Megaman Legends

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Dollow

Megaman Legends

Did anyone play Megaman Legends 1 or 2 for the ps1? I just found my old copy of 1 and I just started playing, and I fell in love with the game all over again. I find it funny that this was maybe the only one of the Mega Man in 3D that that did right and it stop only after two games.

I wish I had part 2.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Turinu

Re: Megaman Legends

Funny; I have part two, but I lack part one (In a sense; I have part one via emulator, while I own a retail version of part two). Used to own both, but the first part's disc snapped in two. :<

This was by far one of my more favorite Playstation games back in the day; all the rumors buzzing around recently about the next mega man game has me hoping for a third game in the Legends genre.
iKhaotic

those are my favorite Megaman games. played them back when they came out and loved them so much. never did beat them though.

wish i owned both of them
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
Outlaw

I had the first one a long while ago but ended up selling it, a decision I regret to this day. I'd love to try the second, and if what I've heard is correct The Misadventures of Tron Bonne is rare/fun enough that if someone offered you a copy in exchange for your kidneys you would be well advised to remove the organ in question barehanded and present it immediately. :shock:

But on a less disturbing note, Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune has a special place in his heart for the series and has several times stated he would like to continue the series. In fact, Comic-Con recently sparked rumors that a third title might be a possibility:
"Mega Man Universe is not the only game currently in the works starring the Blue Bomber. There's at least one more, and Inafune said it was a project people had requested for quite a while. That brought scattered calls for Mega Man Legends 3 from the crowd, to which Inafune simply responded, Thank you."
-Gamespot: July 22, 2010
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
iKhaotic

Outlaw wrote: But on a less disturbing note, Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune has a special place in his heart for the series and has several times stated he would like to continue the series. In fact, Comic-Con recently sparked rumors that a third title might be a possibility:
"Mega Man Universe is not the only game currently in the works starring the Blue Bomber. There's at least one more, and Inafune said it was a project people had requested for quite a while. That brought scattered calls for Mega Man Legends 3 from the crowd, to which Inafune simply responded, Thank you."
lol, aren't video game developers such a tease? xD

if there was indeed a Megaman Legends 3 confirmed, i'd be all over it and would pre-order the most limited edition (if available) ASAP.
Dollow

iKhaotic wrote:
Outlaw wrote: But on a less disturbing note, Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune has a special place in his heart for the series and has several times stated he would like to continue the series. In fact, Comic-Con recently sparked rumors that a third title might be a possibility:
lol, aren't video game developers such a tease? xD

if there was indeed a Megaman Legends 3 confirmed, i'd be all over it and would pre-order the most limited edition (if available) ASAP.
I will only believe it when I buy it, they have been saying it for years and then they made that cellphone game of legends. I would thing myself on anything, I just hope its made because to me it seem everyone only cares about the X and Zero series. But at least that interveiw give me hope.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Dollow

Shori wrote:Funny; I have part two, but I lack part one (In a sense; I have part one via emulator, while I own a retail version of part two). Used to own both, but the first part's disc snapped in two. :<

This was by far one of my more favorite Playstation games back in the day; all the rumors buzzing around recently about the next mega man game has me hoping for a third game in the Legends genre.
Hey Shori are you willing to part with part 2? LOL :lol:
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Turinu

Alas, I am not. It is dear to me, and it was memorable how I obtained it. I was too lazy to return it to Blockbuster after renting it, so they pretty much sold the game to me without my permission, for a mere $5 restocking fee thing. Ca-ching~!
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I played part one on the N64 (renamed MegaMan 64) and I bought part 2 for my ps2, but my ps3 is backwards compatible. The second part is so much better!! The laser sword is totally bitchin'. =o

Do you guys want me to record any gameplay? I wouldn't really know what to show off. Plus, it's been so long I probably can't remember my way around. >,>;
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
iKhaotic

Dollow wrote: I will only believe it when I buy it, they have been saying it for years and then they made that cellphone game of legends. I would thing myself on anything, I just hope its made because to me it seem everyone only cares about the X and Zero series. But at least that interveiw give me hope.
IMO, the X series has gone downhill ever since they went 2D3D with X7 and X8 on PS2. the Zero series has alway been fun to me and i love playing as Zero, the side story is awesome.

but yes...all hail Megamn Legends!!!
Doven

I played mega man legends 1 on the N64 and it was just called Mega Man 64, eventualy I found an old copy of Legends 2 at a game stop and bought it. I enjoyed them both I just wish they would make a new version for 360/PS3.
If knowing is half the battle then Im going in unarmed.
iKhaotic

i would be all over it if they released both of them on XBLA :D
Outlaw

"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
iKhaotic

NICE!

i'm planning on getting a 3DS anyways so this works out perfectly. can't wait to see more info on the game! :D

now i NEED to get a hold of Legends 1 and 2 to replay them lol
Doven

Well that sucks for me cus im not gonna by a hand held expecally a company that bring out a newer better verison of said hand held every 2 weeks.
If knowing is half the battle then Im going in unarmed.
ZeroBusterXX

Doven wrote:Well that sucks for me cus im not gonna by a hand held expecally a company that bring out a newer better verison of said hand held every 2 weeks.
Don't let the name fool you, though. The 3DS is not a "newer version" like the DSi or the DSi XL, it's the machine's true successor. The graphical power is much, much improved.

The demo footage that they showed off looked every bit as nice as the PS2 for many of the demos.

Not to mention it's already stellar lineup of games. Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake, StarFox, MGS3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, two different Resident Evils, Super Robot Wars, Pilot Wings, and Kid Icarus just off the top of my head.

But, I will say that the timing of the DSi XL's NA release was terrible. Mainly because by the time we got it, the 3DS was announced by Nintendo.

That being said, I was giddy as a school girl when I read about MegaMan Legends 3 on Kotaku this morning. 'Bout damn time.

This is one I can finally check off my list of "Games I've Always Wanted, but Will Never See the Light of Day".
Outlaw

Well according to IGN the 3DS reportedly has roughly twice the processing speed and quadruple the RAM. So it is most certainly not a revamp of the existing hardware. So the next question: is it worth paying roughly $300?.
iKhaotic

ZeroBusterXX wrote: But, I will say that the timing of the DSi XL's NA release was terrible. Mainly because by the time we got it, the 3DS was announced by Nintendo.
agreed. i really never understood the need to release the DSi XL. sales were terrible as far as i know, i don't think i recall ever seeing ANYONE carrying around an XL lol. the screen size improvement just isn't that important to the "hardcore" DS/DSi users. the DSi itself was a fine upgrade with it's new features though. honestly, i think Nintendo should've just scrapped the XL's idea and put their efforts towards the 3DS instead.

nonetheless, i'll stick with my DS Lite until i get my hands on a 3DS :D
Outlaw

I actually have the XL. The bigger screen is a nicer improvement then one would suspect, but the only reason I have one is that my plain DS broke down and the XL had just released. All things considered, my funds are usually scarce so if the price really turns out to be $300 I may wait for the price to dip a little before finally snagging one.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

iKhaotic wrote:agreed. i really never understood the need to release the DSi XL. sales were terrible as far as i know, i don't think i recall ever seeing ANYONE carrying around an XL lol. the screen size improvement just isn't that important to the "hardcore" DS/DSi users. the DSi itself was a fine upgrade with it's new features though. honestly, i think Nintendo should've just scrapped the XL's idea and put their efforts towards the 3DS instead.
It was one of those very poor business decisions that pretty much work only with people who have too much money to spend, along the lines of the utter failure and I-don't-know-why-they-thought-it-would-work of the PSP Go. Download only? Seriously? Even before Sony came around and said that their promise of getting all owned games for free download went out the window, it just meant you'd have to pay more for the system, as much for games, and even more for memory sticks because of your increased memory usage, all for a little less size and weight.

So yeah, just a larger screen on the XL was just another poor decision, especially with people like me who found the DSi pointless enough and stuck with their old Lites. Looks like they finally got their act back together with the 3DS, although as mentioned the projected pricing is discouraging. I'll also be one of those people who will probably wait until the prices drops, but I'm more than likely to get it with Megaman Legends 3 on the way for it. :)