What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mu La Flaga

Re: What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

Infinite Space for DS.
Man this game is awesome fun for an RPG with spaceship battles, makes it all so easy and fun.
iKhaotic

Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker for PSP.
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
Blue 55

Just picked Metroid: The Other M. Not bad so far still need to play some more to get a full opinion.
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---
mcred23

In something of a continuation of my previous post, my latest game is Madden NFL 11, which I ended up playing more than I expected since... well, I wanted to play Madden. 8)

Like I said before, graphically, as usual, it's got the usual improvements that make it look better than the previous version. Game play wise, they did make some real improvements. Running the ball feels a lot better, largely since they fixed the way blocking works, so stretch runs and things of that nature work much more consistantly than they did in previous versions (Where, really, they were often useless). They also improved play action from the previous game, defenders actually bite in a more realistic manner, so you'll sometimes see guys get stupidly wide open when a guy like Peyton Manning gets them thinking run from time to time. The removal of the sprint button also works out perfectly. The commentary is good, although it has a few odd quirks, and the headset voices of the coordinators is interesting, but as usual, it all gets very repititive after just two or three games.

However, as always with Madden, it's still got its flaws. The new GameFlow playcalling system is... meh, at best. Part of the problem is that, while you can set different plays for the Red Zone, it doesn't account for when you are close to your own end zone, which can be somewhat problematic. Really, I think it's only good for somebody who has never played a football game before in their life, as most people who've played any football game before (Such as myself) feel far more comfortable calling their own plays, particularly on offense. Also, the Strategy Pad is a real problem, particularly if you played any version of Madden over the past four or five years. Even after playing the game for nearly a month, I'm still not fully used to or comfortable with the layout of the Strategy Pad, particularly on defense. It's not too bad on offense, as you've got time to adjust and whatnot (Since you decide when to snap the ball), but on defense, where you have to react much faster, I've found it's nearly impossible to fully adjust the defense like you would in previous editions, or do so as quickly. That may change over time, but I'm still not really happy about it and waiting for that patch. Finally, they still have some issues from the previous games, notably the annoying issues of Rivalry games having opponents making insane plays far too often.

So in the end, Madden NFL 11 is certainly an overall improvement on Madden NFL 10, but as always, there are some flaws which, depending on how you played it in previous editions, can borderline ruin some aspects of it.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
blind_dead_mcjones

went back to playing Spyhon filter 2 again

i miss this series, granted the story was a tad on the cliche side but it was so well written that i don't care, plus tasering someone in the head until they spontaneously combust never gets old
Flag Fighter for life!
Turinu

Phantasy Star Portable 2, get! Oh the night before was full of anticipation. People all around were complaining that their stores weren't getting them in till' Wednesday or Amazon wasn't shipping them for another three days... yay for my Gamestop getting the game in on shipping date~!
Outlaw

Shori wrote:Phantasy Star Portable 2, get!
argh, You suck! I'm one of those guys stuck waiting till Wednesday ! :lol:
It's not so bad though, I've been waiting since it was a question of not when but if we were going to get it. I figure one more day of waiting isn't that terrible.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
iKhaotic

Halo Reach :P
quasadra

just finished Front Mission Evolved. its exactly as what i think it will be. a standard TPS with the Front Mission name slapped on it. i am referring to single player campaign, no intention to go online.

the good thing first. the mech gameplay is quite good, so are the customization. its pretty much the only 2 thing that is nice about this game.

the rest is not okay. cash is not enough if you just play normally. you have to find those secret item to earn enough cash. fortunately, replaying mission will earn money as well. there is a CG FMV at the start and at the end of the game, a stark contrast to the in-game cutscene(i guess you all know why is that), which drives me to press the start button. i would give more credit to this game if they cut the on foot section, i want my wanzer now. then there is the on-rail section in each ACT. why do we need a on-rail section in a mech game?

despite the flaw, i still like this game to a certain extent. i dont mind a sequel if they fix some of the above problem. and please add more wanzer.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Shea

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
Perfect Dark (Which is basically Goldeneye but with a chick in spandex. Awesome.)
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Doven

Halo Reach has stolen my soul.
If knowing is half the battle then Im going in unarmed.
iKhaotic

just picked up Dragon Age Origins recently. not gonna lie, i'm generally not a fan of Western RPGs, but this game has me quite addicted for the past few days lol... also playing Halo Reach on the side. can't wait for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood! :)
Outlaw

Front Mission Evolved (PS3)
It has some fun moments, some eyerolling moments and ends up coming out pretty average. Gametrailers does a pretty good job summing it all up in my opinion (though I haven't tried online yet). On a personal note: can't anyone pronounce "Wanzer" correctly?!? It's German people, the W is pronounced as a V! :evil:

Phantasy Star Portable 2
MASSIVE improvement over its PS2 ancestor, plus FREE online multiplayer on the PSP. Also mildly relevant are the handfull of anime tie-in items included in the game.

I've also fallen in with the Minecraft crowd. There is no reason for this game to be so addictive, but it is!
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Blue 55

I know behind the eight ball here. Just got Halo Reach and I must say it will be hard to play anything else for some time to come.
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---
blind_dead_mcjones

replaying killzone 2 on elite difficulty, great fun but damn its much harder than normal when you die in two hits and crosshairs are removed from the screen entirely

also, today picked up soul calibur 3 and r-type:final
Flag Fighter for life!
Turinu

Went out and bought MAG, Lost Planet 2 and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite yesterday after trading in several games. Gamestop with their Power Up Rewards thingy is totally trying to entice people into purchasing all games used. D:
blind_dead_mcjones

picked up a pre order of fallout: new vegas (collectors edition), should be fun
Flag Fighter for life!
Mu La Flaga

Got a few in the last few days via post or 2nd hand cheap buys.
SD Gundam G Generation Wars, TMNT Arcade Attack, Lunar Knights and Megaman Z collection.

Alot of DS games.
quasadra

just finished Vanquish. not much to say except its the most awesome shooter i have played so far. if you play TPS and like DMC or Bayonetta, this game is a must for you.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC