Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Laevatein

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty

Only two days left till Starcraft 2 is released on the 27th, so reviving interest for those still up to speed on this game.

For those who haven't seen it yet, here's the latest trailer for Wings of Liberty, and it is glorious:

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty - "Ghosts of the Past" Trailer
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty

It's been twelve frakkin' years. In the words of Tychus Findlay: Hell, it's about time!

T-24:54:00 to go
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

T-6:00 to go!!!

As part of my personal celebration for the launch of StarCraft II I wrote this little piece here, currently titled Ghosts of the Past. Since it really isn't a mech fic, I figure it didn't really belong in the fanfiction section but if the mods feel it doesn't belong here either, that's okay too. See what you think---

--Freyja Wion
Aegis

Man, I need to upgrade my comp now. ;_;
SNT1

Wondering if I should plop down some dollahs for this game. I played WC3 and I liked it alot (exp. multiplayer). I've just gotten a beastly i7 rig, so I'm really considering SC2. Dunno if it's worth the hype though.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Aegis

At the very least, I'm now more likely going to wait a wee bit longer for Blizzard to sort out some of the kinks in the game before I make it a point to purchase it. I still take some issue with the region lock and the map publishing system.

That, and the need to eventually upgrade the computer.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the ending of the game.
Spoiler
I had not expected Kerrigan to be turned back into a human, or at least a near-human. I honestly thought it was going to end with either a stalemate or Raynor dead. Makes me wonder what this will do for Heart of the Swarm

--Freyja Wion
CidHighwind

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:I was actually pleasantly surprised by the ending of the game.
Spoiler
I had not expected Kerrigan to be turned back into a human, or at least a near-human. I honestly thought it was going to end with either a stalemate or Raynor dead. Makes me wonder what this will do for Heart of the Swarm
My guess, it'll totally play out like the three chapters in the last game. Part 1, things are looking up again. Part 2, a plot twist. Part 3, Oh shit, everything is fucked again.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Actually I think that's how the Brood War campaigns worked as well. Think about it. In the Protoss one you get hopeful because of the way it ends, there are several plot twists with the UED campaign and then it's brown trousers time by the end of the Zerg campaign.

--Freyja Wion
Laevatein

It's the Protoss that get the final chapter though like in the first game (since the second story coming up is Heart of the Swarm, which is about the Zerg), so hopefully SC2 ends on a good note. :lol:
CidHighwind

Because, you know, Starcraft isnt based on extremely grimdark principles, after all. (*cough*40k*cough*) :P

Protoss are dying off rather well, I know how I think its gonna end.
Outlaw

Loved the game, absolutely drooling over the galaxy editor. It may not be near as user friendly as the old one but it's way more powerful. I've already pulled stunts I couldn't dream of with the original and I'm just a lowly amateur compared to what I've seen on youtube. I can't wait to see what people come up with.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Mu La Flaga

On the topic of Starcraft 2, having had the game lurk around in the house in it's book for 1-2 weeks.
Been reading on gamefaq about this overheating problem, anyone been experiencing that by any per chance?
Turinu

The game froze on me once during a graphics-intense scene in single player, but ever since I put in that additional part in the variables file in my documents, I haven't had any problems whatsoever.
Sepltura

I love the story, I loved the changes they made and the upgrades to the graphics were just amazing.

The only thing that I gripe about is the locking up from my computer not having the best graphics card but that is to be expected.

That being said I really can't wait for the next instalment, blizzard is going to bankrupt me with Cataclysm, Starcraft II and whenever Diablo III comes out.
CidHighwind

I'll hold out for D3. 110 days /played time is more than enough WoW for 4 lifetimes, much less one.

Classic was best, anyway. :mrgreen:
Sepltura

I don't think I have 110 hrs played on my characters combined and I've been around since vanilla, but I have the tendency to go sort of alt crazy.
DAG101

Just bought SCII on Friday, and it is AMAZING! Downloading updates on a slow conneciton sucks, but the game is SO worth it!