Armored Core V

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Armored Core 5 announced.

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:commenting on the mech design, i'm quite dogging the stocky scopedog-ish appearnce/stance of the ac in the trailer, also, superheated chainsaw wing that can take the pseudo form of a drill.

DO. WANT.
What is it with drills all of a sudden?
halo1000

Maybe the director likes Gurren Laggann a bit too much....
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Had a dream that I was playing AC5.

It was basically LR with ACfA parts, no QB. I was using a white glint core and had this nice chaingun on the back/left. When I looked closer at the chaingun, it looked just like the Kamal, but right after that it starting shooting like the kamal. Kind of annoying that it did that.

My AC was in a gigantic lava pit fighing this gigantic, slow-moving monster with missiles and beams flying everywhere. It looked awesome, to be honest. We could use more lava in AC.

Asides from the the last part with the awesome setting (and maybe the nice chaingun) I hope none of these predictions come true.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Toxicity

The official site has been updated, and it seems that the game has been delayed until sometime in 2011.

http://armoredcore.net/ac5/
J-Lead

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... v_screens/

Now I have to find a tsundere that treats me like crap but has my best interests at heart because they SECRETLY WUV ME to be my operator.
Spoiler
Which means it's time for codename:v to get a PS3.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Outlaw

Hoho, looks like things are getting interesting. Now we know why it went silent for so long. Is it just me, or is there a trace of their experience with Chrome Hounds in there? This is going to loom on my horizon like the sun.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Seraphic

YES, THERE ARE BACK-MOUNTED CHAIN GUNS!! =D

Man, for a moment I was scared because I thought they had delayed the project to convert it to an NGP exclusive or something. (Would play nicely, but I don't have the money.)

I hope the operator gets to do more than look at a map. Otherwise, the role is going to be ignored and people will just do online VS blind like before. I'm also worried about people having crappy mics so I can't understand what's going on, or some a**hole troll will be yelling at my team the whole time.

It'd be nice to finally form a squad of MT players this time around. I'll take point. =3

edit: And then there's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYKvphbB_Js
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Amadi Akintunde

My first Armored Core game was 4 (Demo, though). My second was some Armored Core 2 or 3 spin-off.

This, looks like something worth the effort of reeling in some extra bucks.
Outlaw

-Edit: Nothing to see here.-
Last edited by Outlaw on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
halo1000

We had this trailer nearly 12 hours ago in Seraphic's message only two posts above yours...
Outlaw

halo1000 wrote:We had this trailer nearly 12 hours ago in Seraphic's message only two posts above yours...
Oh, egg on my face. Didn't see the edit, sorry for the repetition folks. :oops:
Seraphic

How many times can 'online' be said in a single interview?

This sounds very interesting, and generally positive. What's of note is that it seems the entire campaign mode can be played online (or solo if you want). I generally don't like fighting other people, so I'm looking forward to seeing what cooperative play is like.

At this point I just want to know if quickboost is still in the game. And I'm wondering what will happen to the radar function since the mapping and operator role is supposedly so important.

I'm also very happy to hear that if there will be any downloadable content that it will all be free. That's good company policy.
-Antares

blind_dead_mcjones

hmm if heard that interview correctly it looks to be another alternate universe (which makes 4 of them now, and also goes slightly against the usual schtick of letting each universe pan out for at least 5 titles before moving forward, given that they're cutting the 4 -4 answer continuity short)

that said, i find myself reconsidering my previous statement about the AC designs, now that i can see them clearly i can't say i like them that much, they look too much like wanzers and not like AC's

@ seraphic: i doubt quick boost will be in it
Flag Fighter for life!
Toxicity

http://www.mechadamashii.com/news/news- ... ry-system/

I like where they're going with this.
quasadra

now it start to sound like a must have game for me in 2012. my biggest concern was that they are going to cut short on the single player part to focus on multiplayer. looks like i was wrong. not ony that, they are addressing the "mission too short" complain that some people have. honestly, online play didnt appeal to me much, doubt i will play much online other than out of curiosity.

and i like where they are going with this too.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Toxicity

More news.

Dedicated servers, hell yeah.
Toxicity

This morning at 9 AM EST there was live stream of some ACV interviews and gameplay footage on Armored Core Online. I saw bits and pieces of it, and here is a link to a recording of the stream for those who are interested.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14669866

I wish I understood moonspeak.
quasadra

youtube version of the single player gameplay.

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EgDfYyz_I4 part 1 is a kinda boring. but shows that you can manually change hand weapon just a few minutes in.

part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Y5CKLr ... re=related i suggest start at 1:48 for awesome action.

you can wall jump. now everybody can be a Char clone. but the clouds look strange(clouds having have a cut off range), hope they can fix that.
Seraphic

This is one of the more interesting clips, the AC viewer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQiv2IrfUKY

It includes a shielded sniper position, and something I've been dreaming of for years: an attachment that lets you switch hand weapons!!

Although, this does raise some questions:

1) Can sniper rifles be fired outside of the sniper position?

2) Are there still back weapons in the game? So far, I've only seen the back-mounted hand weapons. From all the designs I've seen, it looks like everything has been re-emphasized into hand weapons or transforming back parts.

One interesting thing I've noticed from the clip quasadra posted is that they seemed to have hybridized quickboost with overboost. The OB doesn't have the startup time anymore, and it can make you change directions very easily like QB. I just really want to know if you can still perform a quickturn, however. The new OB made for some really fast-paced and frantic gunning, from what I saw. =3

Also, Japanese panelist are unspeakably annoying.

I have my hopes up, but I'm not sure of what sort of changes I'm gonna have to cope with yet. I'll be sad if there are no more legit back weapons. They're just so iconic to the series, you know?
-Antares

quasadra

i dont think the sniper rifle can be use outside of crouch position because it folds. look like we are back to the days when BFG can only be fired while standing still.

those sweet tank type with arm cannon will be at a disadvantage if there is no back weapon. and i have seen early screen shot showing tank type(it has twin cannon as arms) having a Gatling gun mounted on the back. but i also seen recent screen shot showing what look to me the same Gatling gun mounted on the weapon switching rack. maybe some weapon are universal in that they can be use as hand weapon and back weapon depending on how you set it up? at least i hope so, as that would be a nice idea.

according to the panelist, the orange flame is high boost, the huge white flame is glide boost. well whatever he meant by that, i cant make out what other stuff he was saying. still from the looks of it, high boost function very much like quick boost, and glide boost function very much like OB. quick turn is possible, look at the end of part 2, he turn 180 degrees very quickly. quick boost or not, you can still turn very quickly. there are a few boost which gets mentioned in Famitsu but i didnt see it here. specifically, the charge and drift boost.

finally here is some screenie i forgot to post:
http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/armo ... 5-11-11#/0 QUAD MACHINE GUN!