Fallout 3: GOTY

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
The Big Zabowski

Fallout 3: GOTY

Anyone picked up their copies yet? Enjoying every minute of it.. Can't wait for New Vegas.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Re: Fallout 3: GOTY

I'll be getting mine this weekend hopefully.

For the PS3

Despite the fact that I have a burned 360 version.

Oh well, Fallout 3's a good enough game that I don't mind owning on two systems.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ZeroBusterXX

I'm so happy this finally came out. I just hope that game-save glitch hits me.
Wedge14

I just updated, the normal Ps3 version. The level 30 cap is awesome. I'm level 24 and i have every skill i need maxxed! And with the chinese stealth suit, I barely get spotted! I was expecting the new enemies to be a challenge, perhaps without the stealth suit they could be a bit tricky, but i'm just mowing them down with the metal blaster.

I think i'm gonna have to start a new playthrough to get all the ingots tho. I missed 13 just randomly exploring. No idea where they could be and a guide isn't going to help me at this point. lol

The damn game seems to like freeze a lot now tho. :C
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Big Zabowski

Wedge14 wrote:I just updated, the normal Ps3 version. The level 30 cap is awesome. I'm level 24 and i have every skill i need maxxed! And with the chinese stealth suit, I barely get spotted! I was expecting the new enemies to be a challenge, perhaps without the stealth suit they could be a bit tricky, but i'm just mowing them down with the metal blaster.

I think i'm gonna have to start a new playthrough to get all the ingots tho. I missed 13 just randomly exploring. No idea where they could be and a guide isn't going to help me at this point. lol

The damn game seems to like freeze a lot now tho. :C
No crap.. every time. Red Racer Factory. Froze like clockwork. Not to mention Anchorage was horrid. But fun nonetheless, I love taking a gauss rifle to the Chinese snipers.

"'ere, hide from this ya commie bastard.."

*BUHDUNK*

Also, the ending-ending of Anchorage was..random.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

So I wasn't sure about this: this is the original Fallout 3 game with the ending to the Enclave story and all the bonus stuff, not just the bonus stuff requiring you buy the original game to make it work, like an expansion pack, right?
bluemax151

Yeah it's the original game bundled with the expansions.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Didn't they change the ending for one of the DLCs to work?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Didn't they change the ending for one of the DLCs to work?
They'd have to, since in the original game ending your character died at the purification plant before the Enclave would have been finished off.
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

they didn't really change much at all in the original ending, if you where reading it as a script one word would be changed. Fallout 3's a favorite of mine, and I've gotta say I hated dealing with the added enemy types particularly the albino rad scorpions and the Feral Ghoul Reavers. both have a truckload of health and packs a wicked punch. hell if you're not expecting it a Reavers a nasty surprise to run into because of how huge of a leap up in stats it is from the other ghouls.

The Chinese stealth suit feels too much like a cheat to me, especially when coupled with an infiltrator assault rifle. at that point you can dispatch enemies at your leisure with only the strongest even being able to get close to you.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Zeonic Glory

crashlegacy14 wrote:they didn't really change much at all in the original ending, if you where reading it as a script one word would be changed. Fallout 3's a favorite of mine, and I've gotta say I hated dealing with the added enemy types particularly the albino rad scorpions and the Feral Ghoul Reavers. both have a truckload of health and packs a wicked punch. hell if you're not expecting it a Reavers a nasty surprise to run into because of how huge of a leap up in stats it is from the other ghouls.

The Chinese stealth suit feels too much like a cheat to me, especially when coupled with an infiltrator assault rifle. at that point you can dispatch enemies at your leisure with only the strongest even being able to get close to you.
Ugh. Tell me about it. Going into Point Lookout at level 26....bad idea. Swampfolk and Tribals had that cursed spell with that extra damage, as well as more Reavers than I had ever cared to see.

Funny, I always keep the Chinese Stealth Suit in my inventory, but I never use it. I usually just stick with the Tribal Power Armor and Metal Blaster/Anchorage-version Gauss Rifle.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Shea

Question : I have Vanilla Fallout 3. If I get the GOTY version will my saves work? Also, will the game-killing bugs that I've read about that come with the DLC be in the GOTY edition?
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
crashlegacy14

game killing bugs? first I hear of it. I know the pitt was riddled with all kinds of problems when it first released but has since been fixed. as to your first question, yes your vanenlla saves are compatable with the GOTY version since it's essetially the same game + addons. just expect to have a bunch of "new radio signal found" messages pop up when you play.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Shea

I mean things like this :
(Xbox 360): The most annoying glitch seems to be when you try to save the game, or simply autosave. As frequent as 1 in 10 times throughout the wasteland the game freezes after you input the save action. Also once the Xbox is restarted the save is logged, but cannot be loaded without the game freezing again.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
crashlegacy14

I've logged a good many hours in the game and never had that problem and i save ALOT.
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
Shea

Hmm, alright. I'll trade in my old vanilla copy right away.
gundamtype0

I've been playing this game for about 4 weeks straight. I can't put it down! Those albino radscorpions and super mutant overlords are incredibly annoying but I just wail on them with the deathclaw gauntlet and hope paralyzing palm kicks in. Its been awhile since I've been really into an RPG but this game just takes the cake. Awesome.
Zeonic Glory

Feral Ghoul Reavers are the worst. I've heard the stories about a single one being able to kill 4 Deathclaws, and after fighting them enough times, I can believe those stories. Gauss Rifle combined with a 72+% Critical Chance in VATS is a lifesaver.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.