The next Kojima Productions project

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Strike105

Re: The next Kojima Productions project

scythedd7 wrote: Raiden has an exposed metal jaw and teeth and barcodes all over his body like his shoulders, and he IS a cyborg, why would it be a snatcher instead? Personally, I'm thinking Raiden breaking Sunny out, which would make a great action game, and also not take place after 4, which would be really hard to do.
Sure, that does look like Raiden during the events of MGS4, but I am noticing several differences:

1. Raiden never had a barcode on his forehead.

2. As previously stated by Red Comet90, Raiden has blue eyes.

3. In MGS4, Raiden had a sort of blueish transparent synthetic "skin" covering his bottom jaw.

I haven't played MGS4 in a while, so I may be missing a few things. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's not Raiden. I haven't played Snatcher, so I wouldn't know anything about that.
Genocide

scythedd7 wrote:Raiden has an exposed metal jaw and teeth and barcodes all over his body like his shoulders, and he IS a cyborg, why would it be a snatcher instead?
Thanks for completely missing the part where I emphasized "might". I don't see how actually being Raiden is any more plausible than being a Snatcher, since no more evidence suggests it than the latter. Raiden himself even resembles Randam Hajile quite a bit. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the resemblence is simply meant to throw people off. Regardless, like I said it's just a theory, much like your own, and we'll find out the turth tomorrow anyway.
Red Comet90

scythedd7 wrote:I've read that on a couple of sites and some magazines, like gameinformer back last September, and I've even seen the actual japanese certification of that (though I couldn't really read it to confirm). This happened last September, but there wasn't to much buzz on it since there was nothing on it what so ever until now. And no way is this gonna be a snatcher game, as great as that was, I really really doubt they'll ever revisit it before MGS again or ZoE. Plus that guy is the spitting image of Raiden, and the other guy is either Big Boss or at least someone in Foxhound
I haven't read gameinformer in so long but thanks for the heads up. :mrgreen:

A game that takes place during MGS 2 and MGS4 would be nice but I dont understand why he has a barcode and why he has that bandana over the one eye and different colored eyes. At the end of MGS4 we see him return to being a normal human being for the most part and he showed none of those bolts that were on him on his forehead.

Genocide wrote:Thanks for completely missing the part where I emphasized "might". I don't see how actually being Raiden is any more plausible than being a Snatcher, since no more evidence suggests it than the latter. Raiden himself even resembles Randam Hajile quite a bit. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the resemblence is simply meant to throw people off. Regardless, like I said it's just a theory, much like your own, and we'll find out the turth tomorrow anyway.

The problem with him not being Raiden is that his name means Thunder and the countdown has thunder and lightning occuring hinting to his name and the fact that his name shows up means there is some connection so I highly doubt its a Snatcher unless Thunder has anything to do with it.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Genocide

Red Comet90 wrote:The problem with him not being Raiden is that his name means Thunder and the countdown has thunder and lightning occuring hinting to his name and the fact that his name shows up means there is some connection so I highly doubt its a Snatcher unless Thunder has anything to do with it.
Again, I was simply making a hypothetical guess that it might be Snatcher. Kojima is known to toss out surprises, so if it does turn out to be MGS5 or a game based on Raiden, then this would be perhaps one of the most obvious "teasers" he's come up with. Nevertheless, you do have a good point regarding the symbolism behind the thunder and lightning.
scythedd7

I think big "MGS" on the page is also a pretty big clue...

Oh interesting note, saw a video dealing with this where a person's picture was covered by a cardboard box, MGS style, and on the box it said "The Orange"....The Orange Box style? IE multiple shorter games in one amazing package? I would like to say I'm very very excited
...?
Genocide

Thunder and lightning and now sunshine... perhaps a game involving Raiden and Sunny isn't that farfetched.
Red Comet90

Genocide wrote:Thunder and lightning and now sunshine... perhaps a game involving Raiden and Sunny isn't that farfetched.
There's no doubt about it. It definitely has to do with Raiden and Sunny now. Its wayyy too obvious.

-- Haman Karn
ZeroBusterXX

Just saw it at E3. It's in development for the 360 (it wasn't stated whether or not it was exclusive), and is called Metal Gear Solid Rising. The theme is Lightning Bolt Action as compared to Tactical Espionage Action. A brief (like 4 second trailer) full of paintings of Japanese demons and myths was shown along with a close-up of what seems to be Raiden, then a voice says "Raiden is back". I guess I am buying a 360 now. (or maybe it will come to the PS3 eventually).
scythedd7

The big announcement hasn't been made yet, and its relatively known that Kojima doesn't like the 360 too much, so I very much doubt its exclusive, or else MS would have been going nuts on it.
...?
Destiny_Gundam

Well, I missed out on MGS4, so a 360 MGS game will be nice.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
scythedd7

and the page leads to!!!.......nothing but a flash poster, and a link to some page of a blinking mask for something that appears unrelated....boo

Looks like they'll be adding more later though
...?
ZeroBusterXX

It isn't exclusive to the 360 (thank Kojima!). According to this article on Kotaku, it's coming to the PS3 and PC as well.

http://kotaku.com/5274844/metal-gear-so ... 360-ps3-pc
quasadra

Raiden Gaiden!!! if you ask me. so i can assume that this will be an action game based on "lightning bolt action"?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
scythedd7

quasadra wrote:Raiden Gaiden!!! if you ask me. so i can assume that this will be an action game based on "lightning bolt action"?
Possible, but MGS4 was pretty action oriented, or at least you could play that way (MGO is very action oriented and is awesome), especially on the second playthrough, you could just blow through anything. Sound more like the kinda silly gag or easter egg that Kojima likes to do so much. It wouldn't be Metal Gear Solid if you couldn't do a no kill playthrough, he's always made a big point on that (like all the best stuff for MGS2,3 and 4 is given out that way). And he is a ninja, which are rather stealth oriented in the first place. It'll likely play like MGS4 but tuned to Raiden and awesome sword stuff.
...?
Destiny_Gundam

Remember when everyone hated Raiden? Well, I never did since I played MGS2 first.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Red Comet90

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Remember when everyone hated Raiden? Well, I never did since I played MGS2 first.
I was one of those hates although my hate was more for Kojima when he forces you to play as an androgynous man without any clothing at all. Many years later I actually started liking his character in MGS2. I still despise that section though.

-- Haman Karn
scythedd7

Another MGS game announced for the PSP as well
...?
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

scythedd7 wrote:Another MGS game announced for the PSP as well
Kojima said MGS4 was the last MGS game he was gonna be working on...man, I knew he just couldn't stay away from the series.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
VR7

The PSP title will be Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

It will be produced and directed by Hideo Kojima. Again. :P
-noel
Red Comet90

I can't wait for these two brand new titles. So Peace Walker can be viewed as a Portable Ops 2 in some respect from the looks of it without the emphasis on squad creation. I hope they do keep the squad in there but in a way that is more advantageous than having 4 guys who do things at separate times or just take the squad aspect and keep it as the awesome looking coop they are putting in. :mrgreen:

-- Haman Karn