ydawg314's gundam game: gameplay test

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

should I incorporate new ms designs from "Gundam SEED Vs Astray" into the game?

YES
52%
NO
33%
Only as Cameos
14%

Total votes: 21
ydawg314

Re: What kind Gundam game should I make?

yeah could you please :)
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Outlaw

Well, here's my "portfolio" if you want to take a look. Sorry about the delay but my scanner is an archaic piece of junk and decided to act up on me.

Exhalt advanced light powered armor.
I'm actually fond of this one and I look forward to revisiting it when my skills improve.

This one is a work in progress I've been chipping away at.
I was going to hold off on showing it till I made a second run at an art topic, but I figured I'd show it here maybe even get some feedback.

I've been working on this one for VR7's Andromeda System topic.
This is it's third iteration and I haven't gotten around to doing the "assembled" version yet.

This is one of two designs I'm considering for a Pen and Paper RPG I ran.
I have to say this design wins the award for most remakes I've ever done, at about 4 or 5.

The other competing design.
An older sketch I made before I ran my campaign. I rediscovered it later and really liked the way it looked, but I'm not sure if I should use it or save it.

A battlemech I designed back when I was playing Mechwarrior 4

An early rough draft of an android/mecha for the next campaign I'm going to run.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
ydawg314

hey could you do some gundam-esk type sketches. Maybe of some GM/Dagger looking suits.
Battle my brute
Outlaw

It's mostly done I just need to add some small details then I'll post it. That is, as soon as my brother quits monopolizing the computer.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
ydawg314

ok :D
Battle my brute
Outlaw

OK here we go, it is a little rough but I figured if I waited till I thought it was perfect we would both be old and grey. :lol:
ydawg314

I hate to be so picky but I think it looks too much like an original gundam to be any kind of mass production unit.

Anythanks for putting so much effort into it. :D

I have been working on the engine for the game. So far the sprite's moments are going to be generated in realtime so all you will have to do is insert the pieces of the mobile suit picture. This means that I can have more playable mobile suits in game and I can also allow the player to edit the mobile suit's color scheme.
Battle my brute
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I never planned on releasing any of my designs outside of their respective projects, but do you feel like using this Gemini Command (Winters Custom)?

It's technically an ace's MS, but it looks pretty grunt-y since you're looking for that kind of thing. It's built from Gundanium. That is an accelerated beam rifle. The shots are not more powerful, but travel at an insanely high speed, which means they deliver more kinetic energy on impact. It's supposed to be able to pierce Gundanium, and destroy an After Colony Gundam in about three or four shots. It has two sabers stored underneath the shield.

I've been wanting to re-design that rifle for a while. *shrugs*

EDIT: D'oh. I forgot about its ZERO system. It's supposed to command mobile dolls. It's a pretty high spec unit, but you can tone things down if you want.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Outlaw

ydawg314 wrote:I hate to be so picky but I think it looks too much like an original gundam to be any kind of mass production unit.
I'll take that as a compliment actually. :lol:

I based it on the Dagger and GM custom but alot of it was original. I guess I was treating it more like an audition piece than an useable asset. I think I have a better idea of what you're after; more of a variant less of an original?
ydawg314

I guess. there will be some limited production mobile suits in the game like a gundam but the main story line is supposed to follow a crew of average solders kind of like the new 81 game.

:idea: Hey why dont I get you in touch with someone I know who is writting a fan fiction. We can use his ideas and make a joint story slash game.

Ill be the programmer
you can develope the mobile suits
he could do the story and present the major ideas

I have to ask him if he would want to do this though so let me get back to you.
Battle my brute
Outlaw

OK, weekend over back to work!

Like I said I'd be glad to help out, and don't forget there are plenty of talented artist, writers, etc. here who are ready and willing to pitch in too. :)
ydawg314

lol when you find them let me know cus I'm not sure where to even start looking
Battle my brute
Outlaw

If you build it they will come...

But in all seriousness Grunt Wars got some attention and I have all confidence this could do the same.
If all else fails you could just make Super MAHQ Wars, that would get some attention. :lol:
ydawg314

A super Mahq game sounds like a great Idea. But we are going to have to get a lot of people involved.

Random concept design
btw this is a mech I just drew what do you think of it? Could it be useful for a game in your opinions?

I got a lot of my inspiration from the Anf
Battle my brute
DAG101

Back to the melee mouse thing--looks like a good idea. Just a few additions I thought of:

1. Mouse-Left (Block melee and/or deflect shots)
2. Mouse-Up, no weapon (uppercut)
3. Mouse-Down, no weapon (Downward smash)

Not sure if those would work in your game, but I thought I'd give a few ideas.
ydawg314

Yeah I am working on something very similar to that... Hopefully it will come out fun
Battle my brute
Outlaw

The design looks cool, the cockpit reminds me of Warhawk (but then everything does these days). I like the sound of mouse melee, a simple system that can add some depth. Also, I was thinking about the level design discussion from the old Grunt Wars thread and I recalled a system that may be worth looking at. I'm on my PSP now so I'll mock up a visual aid later and post it.
ydawg314

awesome. I look forward to seeing it

So far I have been working on a real time animation system which will work kind of like the animation system in gundam battle assault 1 and 2. I just finished making an engine which will allow me to program all the movements in the game... Its pretty sick. :)
Battle my brute
domino

Wow. I'm stoked to see what you come up with. You're teasing us so far, lol.

A MAHQ game would be cool. Or maybe a Gundam character fighting game. I think there's one already though.
ydawg314

I'm glad to see that people are interested :)

Could anyone get me a animated sprite of a gundam walking? maybe from a video game like gundam wing or battle assault? I cant seem to find any good ones but I will use them to make the animations for the game
Battle my brute