MS Saga

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Red Comet90

Re: MS Saga

For MS Configs try your best to match the stats of mobile suits with the pilot you give it too. Take Tristan or whatever you named the main character, he is all about melee. Its useless to give him the biggest gun since ranged attacks aren't his strong suit. My recommendation is focus him on close range combat and only give him a gun for when he truly needs it. The opposite goes for characters who are range specific. Give them a melee weapon just so they can counter and not use their weak fist. For the characters who tend to shoot both ways just try to keep them balanced but always give the best melee to Tristan and the best ranged gun to Aeon or Fritz. I use them frequently but others like Bazuli could easily do the job as well although I don't use him much since he comes in much later.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Strike105

It's been awhile, but I'll give a list of what I percieve to be decent machines for each pilot, Note: for the heck of it, I'll just include their base mobile suits just to help put things in order, including ones that cannot be changed:

Tristen: GM, GM Command, Gundam, Gundam Mark II, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Nu Gundam.

Fritz: Zaku I, Zaku II Special, Guncannon, Full Armor Gundam, Hyaku Shiki, Gundam Heavyarms.

Aeon: Zaku II, Zaku II Special, Dom, Gundam, Wing Gundam Zero.

Tremmie: GM Command, GM Sniper, Gundam Mark II, Gundam Deathscythe Hell.

Gavenger: Dom, Guncannon/Gelgoog.

Vargas: GM Sniper, Kaempfer, Hyaku Shiki, Zeta Gundam.

Li Fang: Guncannon, Shining Gundam, Altron Gundam, God Gundam.

Rezner: Gyan, Kaempfer, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam.

Bazuli: Guncannon/Gelgoog, Gundam Sandrock, Shining Gundam, Altron Gundam.

Lapis: Qubeley, Gundam Sandrock.

Hal: Gelgoog, Gelgoog Special, Sazabi.
Red Comet90

So the God Gundam actually isn't the best mecha for Tristan and the Nu Gundam is more along his stat path or you just set up the character roster that way?

-- Haman Karn
Strike105

I see Li Fang as the best melee fighter and she is almost useless when it comes to range, and God Gundam just fits perfectly with her combat style but isn't really able to pack much equipment. Tristan, on the other hand, is very strong in melee, but can make much better use of ranged weapons than Li Fang or the God Gundam. Nu Gundam seems to be the most well rounded machine I have ever come across, and can pack a large weapons payload. Perfect for Tristan.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Rezar's more of a melee type though, it's better to give her something like Sandrock, or Altron.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Strike105

She is kind of like Tristan. Strong melee fighter, but also fairly decent in ranged combat. While the ZZ Gundam is more of a range machine, it's melee abilities are pretty decent when paired with the right pilot. And the ZZ can carry a decent weapons payload, so you can still give it a powerful melee weapon like the Hyper Beam Saber, as well as powerful ranged weapons such as the Twin Buster Rifle or Twin Beam Rifle. And, as almost all of the pilots have a "Gatling Fire" or "Gatling Body" Boost Attack, I believe it wise to give them all powerful ranged weapons (barring Li Fang of course) to inflict as much damage as possible whenever one decides to use said attacks, while at the same time, making sure that at least one of these weapons have a low EN cost for standard use. I, myself, try to equip my mobile suits accordingly so that they can use most, if not all of their Boost Attacks.
Red Comet90

I see so the Nu Gundam works in melee or ranged. I had a feeling it would be one of those units but I haven't gotten to the end of the game yet so I don't know anything.

On another note do characters you keep out of the party of 6 still level up as if they were in the party with you?

-- Haman Karn
Strike105

Red Comet90 wrote:
On another note do characters you keep out of the party of 6 still level up as if they were in the party with you?
Yes, they do level up outside of the party. No EXP point deductions from what I can tell.
Red Comet90

Strike105 wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:
Yes, they do level up outside of the party. No EXP point deductions from what I can tell.
That's great! I'm glad I don't have to worry if I don't ever use Vargas again that he won't gain levels at the same rate he was before. Thanks for the speedy reply. Just curious but does the Master Gundam have abilities similar to the God Gundam or is the Master Gundam a spam all cannon?

-- Haman Karn
Strike105

Sadly, I have not found all of Master Gundam's data, first I have to take care of the Hell Devil Gundam in the underground Giant G System, and it is extremely difficult, even though all of my characters are level 50, which is the highest that they can go. But if and when I defeat HDG and find all of the Master Gundam data, I'll get back to you.

Just in case you didn't know, The underground G System is that big hole in Antarctica, and you can only go in after you beat the main game. It is filled with "Hell MS" whose abilities rival your own, even cannon fodder. After anyone beats the main game, I suggest you bulk up.
Red Comet90

Wow that sounds really really tough. It seems like I'll be playing the game long after I beat it if its that difficult. I always thought it was just harder but not that hard. :(

At least the Master Gundam will be worth it in the end.

-- Haman Karn
Strike105

After studying HDG's combat style, I finally beat it, then moved on to defeat the Hell Nu Gundam/Hell Sazabi duo, but right as I moved into the next area, I faced off against Ultima Gundam and Omega Gundam. Needless to say, I never stood a chance. What's worse is that I didn't save after the Hell Nu/Sazabi battle. And I still haven't found all of the Master Gundam data, as it is scattered much like the White Base data. I currently have 35 pieces of data.
Zangetsu

So I see you put the MS themselves there but, do you, or anyone other then myself cutomize and mix the parts of several MS to get the best configuration at the time? Or is that the best configuration at the time? Also, maybe a dumb question, but is there any where in particulaur to train and get lots of money quickly? I just left Diggines Rock (I think how it's spelled) and am going to get the last Hyaku Shiki data, just FYI.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Red Comet90

Zangetsu wrote:So I see you put the MS themselves there but, do you, or anyone other then myself cutomize and mix the parts of several MS to get the best configuration at the time? Or is that the best configuration at the time? Also, maybe a dumb question, but is there any where in particulaur to train and get lots of money quickly? I just left Diggines Rock (I think how it's spelled) and am going to get the last Hyaku Shiki data, just FYI.
I myself try to find the best legs and shoulder armor and arms sometimes. I only use spare parts when I do though. I don't like to rip pieces off of my Sandrock just because the Marasai needs it. But that list is pretty close to what the characters should use based on the main body only.

As for the money maker, the best place is the island west of India. That island is in fact Saudi Arabia but it is not connected to land. The enemy you are looking for is a Gold Command. All you have to do is terror it first turn then power charge it to death for 5,000 money.

-- Haman Karn
Zangetsu

Well I know where I'm going when I get the Gaw back.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Red Comet90

Zangetsu wrote:Well I know where I'm going when I get the Gaw back.
I wouldn't reccomend going there right away. It has high level enemies like the Zaku Shotel (I or II can't remember) which has the Sandrock Custom's Heat Shotel. It can kill you quite easily at that point in the game.

-- Haman Karn
nectarsis

SO glad to see peeps that love this game as well. As a side note this game actually did get a fair amount of print ads in magazines before it came out. Putting GUNDAM RPG everywhere prob would have helped though. I DEF need to get back into this game, been awhile.
AWESOME retro japanese gaming forum & Store
http://www.risingstuff.com/index.php
Zangetsu

Red Comet90 wrote:
I wouldn't reccomend going there right away. It has high level enemies like the Zaku Shotel (I or II can't remember) which has the Sandrock Custom's Heat Shotel. It can kill you quite easily at that point in the game.

So about what level should I be to be able to handle that place?
Red Comet90

Zangetsu wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:

So about what level should I be to be able to handle that place?

I'm not 100 percent sure but probably some time after the 4 forts battles and before attacking the Secret Base in Africa.

-- Haman Karn
Crusader

This game had very good music, but i gave up after going to the moon. The enemies were strong as all get up and then the battles were every two steps. I will say that i was happy to kill that Fat Bison wanna be early in the game.

Some of those bosses took me several hours to beat, but i'm one of those guys who doesn't like leveling up so i will get pummeled and pummeled until i finally get lucky to beat the enemy. However some bosses took that hope away and just flat out beat the crap out of me. Sad day. Thats why i hardly touch the game.