MS Saga

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Shea

MS Saga

Got the game on Sunday, and I've already put 45 hours on it!
More addictive than Poke'mon, Tetris, and crack put together.
SO much fun! And I normally HATE turn-based RPG's, but for some reason I just can't put this one down!

I've had nothing but good times from this thing.
So... what happened? Why did it sell so poorly?
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Yue Osakura

because it's a gundam based game sold to the US and mostly everyone thought it would suck like most of the rest.
People are like the stars, thier are bright once and then there are thoughs who are dim.
Shea

Yue Osakura wrote:because it's a gundam based game sold to the US and mostly everyone thought it would suck like most of the rest.
It doesn't even have the name Gundam in the title! (I think that might have hurt it though.)
Probably sold badly because of absolutely NO advertising. Hard to sell something hardly anyone knows about. Could be anything I guess.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Yue Osakura

true. plus most american gamers are more into final fantisy and the latest fighter and shoter then anything else. if it's an RPG, and it isn't FF, they most likly won't pick it up. thats how a lot of great games go down.
People are like the stars, thier are bright once and then there are thoughs who are dim.
Shea

Yue Osakura wrote:true. plus most American gamers are more into final fantasy and the latest fighter and shooter then anything else. if it's an RPG, and it isn't FF, they most likely won't pick it up. that's how a lot of great games go down.
See that's the thing. I despise Final Fantasy, and I still love this game.
I picked it up at a pawn shop for a dollar. The case was missing, so I didn't even know that it was a Gundam game until I saw the opening movie. (Then I freaked.)
The game feels like a glorious mixture of Mega Man X Command Mission, Mega Man Legends 2, and Pokemon. If this thing had the proper advertising, it would be a best seller! I really wish that Bandai knew how to advertise better.
Last edited by Shea on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turinu

Geez, one dollar? I got mine at a Gamestop for like $20. Lucky dog. D:
Yue Osakura

at a pawn shop? never been to one.
Red Comet90

I think you are partly right about their being no advertisement on it, but it had another problem. Not very many copies of the game were made. It was very hard to find after 6 months of being released. Bandai seems to not want to make more copies than is necessary. If you have ever been to gamestop notice how hard it is to find Dynasty Warriors Gundam. They followed the same pattern for that game as well.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
'Dustin'

Red Comet90 wrote:I think you are partly right about their being no advertisement on it, but it had another problem. Not very many copies of the game were made. It was very hard to find after 6 months of being released. Bandai seems to not want to make more copies than is necessary. If you have ever been to gamestop notice how hard it is to find Dynasty Warriors Gundam. They followed the same pattern for that game as well.
You have a point; at Gamestop, when I went to get Dynasty Warriors Gundam, it was the last one in stock. o.o
Red Comet90

'Dustin' wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:I think you are partly right about their being no advertisement on it, but it had another problem. Not very many copies of the game were made. It was very hard to find after 6 months of being released. Bandai seems to not want to make more copies than is necessary. If you have ever been to gamestop notice how hard it is to find Dynasty Warriors Gundam. They followed the same pattern for that game as well.
You have a point; at Gamestop, when I went to get Dynasty Warriors Gundam, it was the last one in stock. o.o
Yup same with me except sometimes I don't even find it and MS Saga I haven't seen in a gamestop in over 2 years. The last time I saw it was when I bought mine. :lol:

-- Haman Karn
'Dustin'

Red Comet90 wrote:
'Dustin' wrote:
Yup same with me except sometimes I don't even find it and MS Saga I haven't seen in a gamestop in over 2 years. The last time I saw it was when I bought mine. :lol:
And it's sad; when I went to Gamestop that day, I was looking for one of the Gundam vs games. That or Journey to Jaburo and Battle Assault 3. Which were not there.
Red Comet90

'Dustin' wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:
'Dustin' wrote: You have a point; at Gamestop, when I went to get Dynasty Warriors Gundam, it was the last one in stock. o.o
And it's sad; when I went to Gamestop that day, I was looking for one of the Gundam vs games. That or Journey to Jaburo and Battle Assault 3. Which were not there.
Your best bet is amazon.com for those. Its really hard to come by any of those games.

-- Haman Karn
Strike105

I can't really play my copy anymore, I played it so much that it started to wear out it seems. My only quirks with the game are:

The SD style mobile suits

The fact that a few characters look like they were pulled straight out of Eureka 7. (don't get me wrong, I like E7, I just wanted something a little more original.)

It was for these reasons that I almost didn't buy it. But once I made up my mind and popped it into my PS2, I couldn't set it down for at least a month.
Dynames

Same here I loved it SOOO much, I haven't played it in a bit But i still will NEVER sell my copy. its wasn't to hard for me to find but i got mine probably 4 mouths after it came out maybe earlier
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
Red Comet90

I started playing this game again after quitting it about a month and a half ago. Now I know why it sold so poorly. Its really hard the farther you get. Maybe my MS configuration for my pilots sucks but it still shouldn't be this hard. Did any of you guys have a hard time with the game?

-- Haman Karn
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Red Comet90 wrote:I started playing this game again after quitting it about a month and a half ago. Now I know why it sold so poorly. Its really hard the farther you get. Maybe my MS configuration for my pilots sucks but it still shouldn't be this hard. Did any of you guys have a hard time with the game?
Main reason I found the game frustrating was because of the frequent random battles. Seriously, one step-battle, another step: battle. If you keep running into enemies like the Kamikaze Zaku(The white Zaku with the Zakrello claw) it can get pretty exhausting after awhile...especially if you're far away from a source that can replenish your supplies.

Also, the bosses in this game are freaking CHEAP AS HELL. :evil:
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Scyron

Red Comet90 wrote:I started playing this game again after quitting it about a month and a half ago. Now I know why it sold so poorly. Its really hard the farther you get. Maybe my MS configuration for my pilots sucks but it still shouldn't be this hard. Did any of you guys have a hard time with the game?
I'm at what I assume to be the last boss and I cannot beat it. I know the bosses just repeat their attack moves over again, so predicting them isn't an issue, I cannot get enough EN to keep up a constant barrier to let my guys live, it is really brutal. I am thinking if I leveled up some more it would help, but I dunno.

I noticed it did have a fair share of grinding on the likes of every level was about 30 battles, depending how far forward you were going in a linear fashion. I found battling next to major cities helped but it gets kind of boring. I'm not a fan of the jRPG so I was surprised when I got it I sunk like 70hours into it probably in 5 days, and then I put it down and I hardily ever picked it back up.

I don't even know if I have my save data, but if I do, I'll surely look into some finer details if people need some help.
Wedge14

Actually the difficulty and overall tediousness of the title really drove me off. I remember getting to around where all I founght were devil army guys trying to get hyakushiki parts or something. I just put the controller down and never played again.

A normal dungeon would be like this. 2 steps random fight, with like a miniboss on every other screen. Most the time it wasn't difficult, it was just tedious.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Red Comet90

I spoke to soon. Once you get the Gaw attack carrier you can go where you like and if you do it gets insanely hard even if you go to the next door island to Africa. The Zaku Shotel 2 destroys you in one hit. Anyways I went on to attack the forts and its pretty simple. Maybe its because I have the Sandrock Gundam now.

Anyways for everyone who is having a hard time with the game the best advice I can give you which seems to work is try your best to get 99 datas of any mobile suit. If you have 99 it upgrades the mecha to level 5 on attack, durability, and mobility. This "free" leveling up really helps to strengthen your mobile suit when you first make it. Later in the game this gets alot harder though due to increase in prices and the Gundam data can never be found above 50.

Also leveling up helps even if it takes a while (a very long while I might add)

-- Haman Karn
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Heh, you'd figure that with so many random battles, there'd be more EXP to go around.

Going after specific mobile suits is a pain though. I remembering spending a few days hunting down a Samurai Zaku for the sword.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2