Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2011)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
SNT1

Picked up a 1/100 Tieren for $30 on the local store. Good deal.

A significant kit because it's my first monoeye kit in 4 years. Probably also going to buy an Overflag too in the near future (counts as a monoeye IMO) and that Sinanju... for next year.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
valkyriepilot

@SNT1: I heard a lot of good things bout the 1/100 Overflag too, some even went to say "MG-like" :D And you got the Tieren at a good price...

As for me, recently got me the ff:
- Kotobukiya 1/144 Weapon Unit 01 Rifle + Machine Gun
- Kotobukiya 1/144 Weapon Unit 09 Sniper Rifle + Naginata (this one rocks!)
- HGUC 1/144 RX-78GP01
- 2 liters 90% Isopropyl Alcohol (great for stripping paints, plamo friendly :D)

Most of the Koto weapon units, even though labeled "1/144", actually looks better on 1/100's and MG's. I reckon these were intended to be used for the Koto 1/144 SRW series, which are considerably larger than 1/144 Gunpla.

Here is a shot I took to compare the weapon units with their MG 1/100 counterparts.
(Top is MG 1/100 GM[G] Sniper rifle compared to Koto sniper rifle below it, and below those are the Koto shield compared to MG 1/100 GM Kai's shield).
Lt Rahsed

Finally I got my first kits as a Christmas gift:

1/100 MG Aile Strike Gundam
1/144 HG Union Flag (Mass Production)
1/144 HG Over Flag
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I picked up the 1/35 Lancelot last week. Might pick up the Nishki next time I'm out, so I can give it a rival mech.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
mOONwOKA

Well, i could call this a very lucky year, because i managed to get re-issue of 1/35 Shinden (should have snatched Raiden too), 1/144 DiNN, 1/144 Zssa and 1/144 Dreissen. Sure, those are old and not so fancy kits, but these are one of my favorite mecha. I also finaly got my hands on newly issued HGUC Geara-Doga amongst other things :D
"Crop" for this year is 14 mecha kits and one figure (Revoltech EVA-00 from Kayodo). My poor poor wallet...
The day is gray, the night is black and white.
nb007MkII

This year was all about UC and OYW 1/100, mostly MG: RB-79K ball, RX-78-4 G04, RX-79[G], Z-Gok, GM Quel, Zeta Plus C, Guncannon, Hyaku Shiki, plus several others bought already assembled (red Rick Dias, F91, FAZZ, GP03, others). Also got old-school MSV 1/100 Agg, Zogok and Agguguy but have not built yet. Looking forward to getting the rest of the GMs next year and I want that Guntank! And I might get the MG Gogg and/or the MG Acguy too.
Jak Crow

For Xmas, I got the MG Strike Freedom and MG Impulse. Already completed them.
filthbacteria

went on an Akihabara spending spree (asobit city had a sale). Got the MG Sinaju, MG Char Zaku 2.0, Emsia Gundam MK. II Titans colours and finally found a Msia Buster Gundam, so i grabbed that too.

For those in the Tokyo area, check it out if you haven't already, its a bit of a goldmine of Gundam products from the last few years being cleared out.
Paragon

My pick for this year is

SD Lubu
SD Devil
SD Neue Ziel
SD G Armor
1/144 Ex Oggo
1/144 HG Meteor
1/144 HGUC Hazel(All Type)
1/144 HG GN Arms (Both Type)
1/144 HGUC GP03 Dendrobium(My second one)
1/144 HGUC Gaplant TR-5 [Hrairoo]
1/144 HGUC GM Quel
1/144 HGUC Mk-II + Flying Armor
1/100 MG Nu Gundam
1/100 MG Ex-S
1/100 MG Agguy
MG Musha
1/100 MG Zeta Ver. 21/60 PG GP01F/b
1/60 PG Zaku II
1/60 RD Strike Freedom Lighting Edition
Duo

Alright.. this year.. my standards won't be has high as last years... because I didn't get very much last year at all..

MG Zeta 2.0
MG Zeta A1
MG Zeta C1
MG GM 2.0
Edit: MG Infinite Justice.

I want to get a PG kit.. but I can't decide which one to get... Currently I'm thinking about the Wing Zero, the Strike, or the Strike Rouge+Skygrasper... Anyone have any suggestion on any of those?

When they start showing sneak peaks of the Red Frame... I might go that way instead... it just depends...
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
firefox

Duo wrote:Alright.. this year.. my standards won't be has high as last years... because I didn't get very much last year at all..

MG Zeta 2.0
MG Zeta A1
MG Zeta C1
MG GM 2.0

I want to get a PG kit.. but I can't decide which one to get... Currently I'm thinking about the Wing Zero, the Strike, or the Strike Rouge+Skygrasper... Anyone have any suggestion on any of those?

When they start showing sneak peaks of the Red Frame... I might go that way instead... it just depends...
I can only confirmate that PG strike is one of the best models, both the normal and the rouge. Up to you if you like it more then wing zero or other PG's.

PG Red frame is probably a variant of the strike frame, so same tech different looks.

As for my self i got this last month:

* 1/100 MG infinite justice
* 1/100 MG shinanju
* 1/100 Tieren ground time (-50% reduction, otherwise i don't buy 00 models)
* 1/100 Overflagg (same discount)
* 1/100 MG Gelgoog 2.0 (green version)
* 1/200 HCM pro Jegan (way better then exspected)
In the end, nothing remains
Jak Crow

Duo wrote:Alright.. this year.. my standards won't be has high as last years... because I didn't get very much last year at all..

MG Zeta 2.0
MG Zeta A1
MG Zeta C1
MG GM 2.0

I found the PG Wing 0 to be a rather unsatisfactory kit. It's too heavy to support its own weight and screams for a stand. The PG Strike is excellent.
Kavik Ryx

Surprisingly, my "local" anime store had a 1:48 scale model of Dougram. It appears to be quite old and probably of low quality though. But then again, chances of me finding one again are pretty low.
Fredrex00

Ordered the following:
1/144 HG Gundam Exia
1/144 HG Double X Gundam
1/144 HG Gundam Virsago Chest Break
Plated Silver Gundam Marker
Black (Fine Point) Gundam Marker
nb007MkII

3 new MGs this year so far: Char's Z'Gok, GM Kai (ground colors) and GM Custom. The GMs were an impulse buy late at night on ebay - don't tell my wife! :wink:
Jak Crow

Received the 1/100 00 Raiser yesterday and just completed it today. Some interesting changes as far as a NG 1/100 kit goes.
filthbacteria

i picked up the water slide decals for the sinanju and also grabbed the robot damashi 00 raiser trans am set. i have to say once you get this monster set up it's pretty cool. the beam sabers are just massive. tonight i hope to pick up the HCM Pro Arios & GN Archer set. It's been an expensive holiday season.
Reldn

I hit some sales at HLJ and nabbed some HCM-Pros:

Jaburo Infiltration set
08th MS Team version Zaku II
"Shiny" Hyaku Shiki
Hambrabi (This thing was only around $8.00!!)

But, my Gundam purchases are gonna have to take a back burner this year...I have a ring to buy. :D

EDIT: Also, does anyone here have any of the Robot Damashii figures? I'm tempted to get the GN-Flag sometime but have very little knowledge of this line.
Nightwing03

Back from vacation and im already building kits again...

Bought 3 kits fior my birthday:
SD Strike Noir
SD 00 Gundam
1/100 MG Crossbone Gundam Ver. Ka

I'm slightly disappointed in it's size, but then i looked up the specs for it and its actually only 15m so oh well.
♣♦♠♥
Newtype87

I'm just getting into the models again (the only Gundam models I've had up to this point are the 1/100 scale Shining and Burning/God Gundams and the 1/60th V2 Gundam), but for Christmas I got the

1/100 Gundam Exia
and
1/100 Gundam Virtue.

And then I bought the 1/100 00 Raiser set for myself. They're all fully assembled and sitting on my desk (even if I did have to go to six stores to find the two batteries for it). I have to confess that the 0 Raiser is a lot of fun to play with. Ahem…

And while I'm waiting for the announcement of the 1/100 Seravee Gundam, I'm giving an eye to the 1/100 Gundam Kyrios and Gundam Dynames, as well as waiting to see how good the Cherudim Gundam is. I might even consider trying a Master Grade if I feel confident enough.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham