Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2011)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2009)

quasadra wrote:thanks. :mrgreen: i get leavantien for its howitzer, and it is really cool. served the purpose already. :wink: but those two M9s do have some crazy articulation. can handles all pose, prone, kneel, standing all perfectly. plus everything is exchangeable with Arbelast. only flaw is a "Made in China" label at the back of the waist(a little paint solved it). very looking forward to Falke in march. :P
this might be adding insult to injury (sorry if it does) but RD have a Lavaetein toy in development

back on topic, finally got round to assembling the 1/144 Gn-XIII ESF type, definately looks better than the A-laws version

all i need to do is get around to making the VF-25F super.
Flag Fighter for life!
quasadra

lol. i sort of knew Leavantein was coming after i saw Belial prototype last year. i plan to buy the Leavantein again after i got the Revo. its just that i want to put down Revo line for good, but all this talk about Leavantien being the best Revo make me want to see for myself. with this, i can really put down the Revo line and focus on RDs. :mrgreen:

but damn, now Bandai got me all hype up!!! :P

speaking about GN-X, i just finished the MG. there are some loose parts like the antennas. other than that, its pretty solid. and what a NICE LOOKING BEAM RIFLE! :oops: now i am looking forward to the HG 7 Swords.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Jak Crow

I don't care about showing the internal structure, so I will glue most loose pieces.
Jak Crow

Received:

HMM Gun Sniper Zoid
MG Master Gundam
MG V Gundam
NG Mirage Astray 2nd

On order:

MG GN-X
MG Red Frame

Just put together:

PG 00

Edit: Finished the MG V Gundam. What a piece of crap. It's very un-MG-ish. It's like they took the old HG kit and replicated it with 1996 MG tech, but forgot the polycaps. The hands could have easily come from the old HG kits, the arms barely stay connected to the shoulders, the legs barely stay connected to the hips, which in turn barely stays connected to the torso, though luckily these two parts could be glued together if needed. If I ever had a chance to return a gundam kits, this would probably be at the time of my list. I can't believe dalong gave this a higher score than the both MG Crossbones and F-91s kits even though they're better than the MG V in almost every way.
Yardly

Although I've still got MG Freedom and Gundam Mk II to finish, hobbywave sent me another damn coupon that expired in a week.. so I ordered some more.

MG GN-X
1/100th Mirage Frame Second
1/144th Murasame
MG-FR Goku
Dark Duel

Last kit purchases were MG Unicorn and HG Masurao, the latter of which I kinda-sorta assembled - I customized it though.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2608/439 ... 6d6a_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/439 ... 5c43_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/439 ... fe47_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2695/439 ... aa79_o.jpg

Also pictured with it is my MG Exia, also seen here:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2762/439 ... baf7_o.jpg
Need to get around to assembling the GN Sword and GN Blades :roll:

Still sitting unbuilt in my closet are HG Arios GN/HW, HG 00-Raiser (with GN Sword III), MG Sword Impulse, MG Blue Frame 2nd R, and MG Infinite Justice
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Shea

I finished my 1/100 Gundam Double X and I have to say that out of all of the "older" kits, this is the best I've built. Highly recommended.

Ordered 1/100 Gundam X and 1/100 Hail Buster
I seem to have a thing for BFGs lately.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Fignuts

HG Ahead MP
HG Gadessa
HGUC Zeta

Still have 2 MGs from my last order to build.
T.V.

2 weeks ago I purchased a few kits that HLJ had on clearance and they've just arrived.

MG F91 Clear parts ver.
1/144 HG 00 Enact demo ver
1/144 HG 00 Tieren space type
1/144 HG 00 Union Flag

With the Enact and Tieren at 50 to 60% discount and with 35% off the price for the MG F91, I think it was a good deal.
I'm considering buying a few more sale items at the moment.

That said, I'm still waiting for the delivery of both RD Gernsback Melissa Mao and Kurz Weber types released on january 22...
Shea

Finished my 1/100 Gundam X. It's not as flashy as Double X, but it's simplicity and posability make it just as likable.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
DeltasTaii

Got a Robot Damashii theEND Monday (this was one of those RDs I had to get because it's the only version of the mech at all, and I have to say I'm quite happy with the line's engineering and quality for picking up further releases), and today I finally picked up a 1/72 VF-25F (Alto). I'm suitably quite happy-it's been at the top of my wanted list for 11 months.
quasadra

got myself Figma Fate Testarossa 1st Movie Version, have been waiting since it was announced. i am very happy to see there are some design improvement. also got HG 00 7 Swords, 00 Raiser just got more badass with those extra swords, but it also left me with another extra 00 gundam... oh well, guess i dont have to worry about breaking something at least.
Jak Crow

Just received:

MG Red Frame
1/400 Azieru
1/100 Green Frame
MG Zeta Plus A
reeoyuy

^I've been eyeing that 1/400 Azieru. Looks good but I'll wait for more reviews.
Anyway, I think this week will be a good time to built my HGUC Rezel that arrived few days ago. Gotta finish it before Rezel commander type comes out :D
Shea

Finished my Hail Buster. Quite nice, and reminds me of Rambo.
blind_dead_mcjones

I'm in despair!! the transformation mode of the 1/72 VF-25F super has left me in despair!!!

seriously, finished making the VF-25F Super, looks alright, but there are a quite a few issues, will get a review out soon (after i do one for the VF-25S as a point of comparision)
Flag Fighter for life!
quasadra

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:I'm in despair!! the transformation mode of the 1/72 VF-25F super has left me in despair!!!
ZETSUBOU SHITA!!!!

welcome to the club. now you know why i dropped the line completely. the Armored version seems quite solid... but i am not throwing another chunk of money to find out... :roll:
blind_dead_mcjones

quasadra wrote:
blind_dead_mcjones wrote:I'm in despair!! the transformation mode of the 1/72 VF-25F super has left me in despair!!!
ZETSUBOU SHITA!!!!

welcome to the club. now you know why i dropped the line completely. the Armored version seems quite solid... but i am not throwing another chunk of money to find out... :roll:
yeah

in all fairness i was aware of some of the problems but they weren't so bad in the VF-25's base version, unfortunately the super pack parts excaserbate them to the point where i had to restrain myself from making it attempt unaided flight across the room

btw, how good are those RD arm slaves quality wise? i want to get one but i'm unsure as to how good they are
Flag Fighter for life!
quasadra

only one word can describe them:

AWESOME!!!

accurate sculpting, crazy articulation, accessories that actually works(not like the single piece of plastic Revo gives). but i only have the M9s so i cant comment on Savage. but i do intend to get Codarl and Leavantien when they are released.

if you are wondering about Revo or RD, RD wins, hands down. from my experience anyway.
Fredrex00

Just bought Super Robot Taisen MX and Super Robot Taisen Impact. I still haven't beaten Alpha 3, but I gotta start up the SRT collection!