Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2011)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
helois

Re: Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2009)

after this session of exams(till the 20 of Feb..)i''l plan to buy Mg Infinite Justice and Sword Impulse... to bring some red in my collection of Avalanche Exia,MG Wing Zero Custom,Mg Strike Noir and (unbuild,beacause of the session of exams..) Mg Astray Blue Frame... :D :D
Yardly

I've got seven new kits on the way, although I'm still working on lining/decaling MG Blue Frame and I plan to finally get around to lining 1/100th Green Frame right after. Aaand I need to get water slides for all four 00 season 2 kits and I messed up putting MG Exia's dry transfers on so I may get water slides for it too... sigh. Really impressed with Blue Frame! Red can't come soon enough! Anyway, here's what I've coming later this week:

MG GM Kai
MG RX-178 Gundam Mk II
MG Freedom
MG Strike Noir (as a side note, this will be the second MG Strike E I've built, even though I haven't made the MG Aile Strike yet.. wanted it but it was out of stock so I got Noir)
1/100 Hail Buster
1/100 Mirage Frame ( Get to use my new airbrush on this one :P )
1/100 Vent Saviour

I actually kinda regret this order.. school started again and I have so little time. It will take me quite awhile to get through all of these.
Fignuts

Hey Yardly, how are those water slide decals? I've got a set of them coming for my seed kits, but I've only ever done dry transfer. Do I definitely need that Mr. Mark Setter stuff, or can I apply them without it?

About to put in an order for the 1/400 musai. Thing will definitely be an eye catcher in my collection, but I may go legit insane from the panel lining, before that happens.
Yardly

Fignuts wrote:Hey Yardly, how are those water slide decals? I've got a set of them coming for my seed kits, but I've only ever done dry transfer. Do I definitely need that Mr. Mark Setter stuff, or can I apply them without it?
I haven't actually got them yet, so I don't know. I did get some decal setting solutions from HobbyTown for the water slides for the HD Hyakushiki but never got around to putting them on. :oops:
GM_Fan10

For Christmas and after I got about 13 Master Grade kits.

Zaku I
Zaku II F2
Zaku II Type J 2.0
MK-II Gundam 2.0
GM Sniper
GM Kai Space
GM Kai Ground
GM Custom
Guncannon
Rick Dom
Z'Gok
Gouf 1.0
Gelgoog 1.0
blind_dead_mcjones

just finished making my MG F91, first off, JESUS this thing is tiny, its head is level the sinanju's waist, i'm rather impressed with the dark blue/yellow/white combination gives it the feel of a 17th century navy captain/commodore, which will be rather appropriate considering i plan to have it in a dueling position with the X-1 crossbone once i get my hands on it, only criticisms i have is that two yellow pieces (a triangle that goes on the beam sabre storage pocket and the left vent on the left ankle guard) kept falling out, the vent is now secured in place with double sided tape, the right hand will not rotate on its ball joint but seeing as this has happened on a couple of ABS parts on some of my other gunpla models (the left wrist of my 1/144 hg dynames and the monoeye of my sinanju) i'm putting it down to the heat of the australian summer warping the plastic slightly so i'll let it slide, also the index finger on the left hand seems to have a mind of its own but other than that i'm rather satisfied with the finished product.
Flag Fighter for life!
Fredrex00

Just bought Super Robot Taisen W for the DS. Can't believe I got it for only $18.00. It was used, but still its a great game.
reeoyuy

quasadra wrote:
reeoyuy wrote:1/72 models or VF-100 lines certainly won't do.
fully agree on this one. and thats why i have been tempted to get VF-27... but just that my bank account says: NO!!!!! :cry:
Y'know, the sensation of cold metal when I touch the diecast parts made the price really worth it :) .
And, another entry into my growing Macross collection : Armor Plus EX-Gear Alto Saotome Ver. has arrived !! I need to take a break now or my bank account will scream out too :cry: But, damn, that VF Hi-Metal Fire Valkyrie looks tempting...
quasadra

my VF 27 will most probably wont come. but i have high hope for this new Hi-Metal line. i am no fans of macross 7 design though. YF-19 or YF-21 would be really nice.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Guiltaur

The latest arrivals:

HGUC kits:

Asshimar(finally!)
Xekueins
RX-78NT-1 "Alex"
Kampfer

Armored Core:

Hogire

Recently ordered:

HG 00 Raiser + GN Sword III
Hobby Japan October 2009(XN Raiser model kit)
HG GN-X
Shea

I got Gundam Senki 0081.

I like the story mode a lot, but I have to say that Free mission mode eats in comparison. Having to do the same missions over and over and over just to get the points necessary for a marginally better weapon or MS gets on your last nerve very often.

But otherwise, this basically what Gundam Crossfire would be like if it was indeed what we saw it's trailer. Crossfire done right... I didn't think that could be said.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Fignuts

Still havn't gotten my last order from gundamstoreandmore yet, but put in a new order anyway, since I now know why it was delayed.

MG Gundam mk II ver. 2.0
1/44 hg gundam zwei
1/400 musai

Cannot wait to get my hands on that musai.
Yardly

My MG Blue Frame is 99% complete..just needed to paint the fingers.. and when I took apart the left hand to paint them, two of the little pieces that stick out to hold the balljoints for the fingers in place broke off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Anyway, I managed to find the end piece and used some plastic cement to stick it back on... hopefully it will be able to keep the index finger from falling out. Though I will probabaly order a part replacement for it anyway. sigh..
Heecarl_Reez

MG Wing Zero Custom(w/Clear parts) Should've arrived to guide me(:p) next week..^^
quasadra

CNY haul. :mrgreen:

RD M9 Grensback Mao version and Kruz version, Revo Leavantien, MG GN-X, HG XekuEins.

RD continues to impress while Revo continues to disappoint(though not as much as the last one, in part because its not really "new" :| )... at least with this i can safely ignore Revo in the future. Xekueins really show old HGUC simply cannot compete with new one... as with GN-X, i havent started it. MG require patience and time. which now i have neither.
Last edited by quasadra on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fignuts

Just got two orders in one giant box.

1/400 Musai
1/400 Big Zam
MG Gundam Mk II ver 2.0
MG Z'gok
MG Exia
MG Super Gundam
1/100 Justice Gundam
1/100 Dynames
1/100 Virtue
HGUC Bawoo
HGUC Gaplant
1/144 HG Union Flag Custom
1/144 HG Throne Zwei
SD Aegis Gundam
SD Wing Zero Custom that shoots it's own head. Dunno.
Display Base
Metallic Gundam Marker set
Seed Gundam Marker set
Fine tip Gundam marker set
Silver Plate Gundam marker
1/100 Seed Decals
Buncha japanese candy

whew
reeoyuy

quasadra wrote:CNY haul. :mrgreen:

RD M9 Grensback Mao version and Kruz version, Revo Leavantien, MG GN-X, HG XekuEins.

RD continues to impress while Revo continues to disappoint(though not as much as the last one, in part because its not really "new" :| )... at least with this i can safely ignore Revo in the future. Xekueins really show old HGUC simply cannot compete with new one... as with GN-X, i havent started it. MG require patience and time. which now i have neither.
Congrats for getting Laevatein. Too bad it's disappointing for you; it was great back then, maybe the 'hard to get' status that made it more popular than it is? Guess re-release kill that charm :( .
Anyway, waiting for my orders to arrive :
-HG 1/144 Ahead (mass production)
-Kotobukiya Mechanical Chain Base 007
-Mr Mark Setter
-Replacement blades for modeller knife
-Gundam Marker GM12 Gray
quasadra

thanks. :mrgreen: i get leavantien for its howitzer, and it is really cool. served the purpose already. :wink: but those two M9s do have some crazy articulation. can handles all pose, prone, kneel, standing all perfectly. plus everything is exchangeable with Arbelast. only flaw is a "Made in China" label at the back of the waist(a little paint solved it). very looking forward to Falke in march. :P
Heecarl_Reez

Well entering February,I'm in Unicorn mood so...HGUC RX-0 Unicorn Gundam Unicorn mode is the newest entry on my collection.Still haven't decided what I'm gonna do for the panel lining though.
Dark Duel

No new Gunpla, but I picked up all three Gundam 00 Season 1 DVDs and marathoned the entire season over the course of about a week. Switched back and forth between language tracks from episode to episode, just because I could :lol:
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."