grey or black panel lines?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
lazidude999

grey or black panel lines?

which color panel lines look more realistic, pleaseable, and not as cartoonish?
Grey or black?

ex., what color did this person use?
http://www.geocities.jp/a2crafts/exia01.htm

Im thinking black and I'm wondering if it stands out too much.
Jak Crow

Black. The grey or brown panel line pens aren't the same as the black one. They have larger, felt tips and their ink doesn't work well IMO. The black pen has a the finest tip I've found on any mico fine tips..
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

Black looks better on 99% of the kits i have built. Red looks awsome if you find the right kits to experiment on : )
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
Compass

Black works well to accentuate most of the panels. There's no real way to make something seem too cartoonish unless you give it an entire layer of bright paint.
jamnewman0056

Try adding the color you want then sanding the part to make the panel line seem that much sharper.
Viti Vide Vichi
Duo

Jak Crow wrote:Black. The grey or brown panel line pens aren't the same as the black one. They have larger, felt tips and their ink doesn't work well IMO. The black pen has a the finest tip I've found on any mico fine tips..
Actually if you get the normal Grey and not the Sumiire grey panel lineing pen it's the same tip as the black. Same for the brown panel line, as I own all 4 styles of the panel line Gundam markers.

I just put together the Aile Strike and the Strike Rouge MGs. On the Strike I used black and on the Rouge I used the grey. Both look good, but the black stands out a lot more.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Jak Crow

Odd. They must have sent me the wrong ones then.
lazidude999

just wondering, gray seems more light and more like a smooth look while black stands out better, although the color contrast seems sharp when its black and white. Thanks for the input!