MSiA GN-001 Exia

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Vanishing Meteor

MSiA GN-001 Exia

just like what the topic says, i actually got this about 2 days ago and its a very good excuse for an EMSiA labeled as a MSiA...not unlike the other ones *coughs* Noir *coughs*

here are some random pictures of the MSiA GN-001 Exia

GN-001 Exia01

GN-001 Exia02

GN-001 Exia03

GN-001 Exia04

GN-001 Exia05

GN-001 Exia06

sorry for the low quality, havent bought a decent cam for quite some time now..^^
"There's no point on blaming on who's right and who's wrong, all there is left to do is hope and wait for tomorrow to come."
ShadowCell

Are you having any trouble getting the Exia's GN gun/sword to connect to the arm?
Kratos

I have the figure too. And yes, Shadowcell, I am. Other than that, it seems to be a pretty nice figure, albeit much smaller than most of the other MSiA that I've seen.
ShadowCell

But for that one issue, it seems pretty cool to me. And after comparing it with my Destiny MSiA, it doesn't seem that much smaller--they were able to lock swords and glower at each other with no problem, anyway.
Mwulf

It looks smaller because of the design--the exia has shorter feet, less GIANT shoulder pads and knees, etc. It's about the same size as the destiny stuff, but it looks smaller. I think the figure also looks kind of small compared to how big the GN Sword is.

Anywho, I went ahead and submitted my review today, since I'll be heading out of town in... about thirty minutes. 3.5/5, IMHO. Of course, .5 of that comes from some molding issues my figure had--pegs too big for holes w/ GN Blades, for example) so for a "normal" figure I'd say 4/5.

It's good for an MSiA, yeah... but it's nowhere near an EMSiA. I think that maybe it seems to be so much better simply because so many of the Seed and Destiny MSiA were so ungodly bad.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
LaBambaMan

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. The GN sword looks awesome, but I don't like the lack of armor. It almost seems like nothing's holding it together. Hopefully the difficulty you have had with the Gn Sword won't be a problem with all of them(I have to get all my MSiA and EMSiA on e-bay and the such because no stores around here sell them that I know of).

-Spencer
ShadowCell

...hey, I liked the CE MSiA line.

The Exia is sturdier than it looks. I haven't had it fall apart on me yet, but the ball joint inside the torso is not very useful, and the beam sabers have a habit of a) getting in the way of more dynamic poses, and b) falling out. The GN blades on the Exia's waist can also restrict posability a bit. But overall it's very impressive, and I curse at the sky in impotent rage with each passing hour that I do not possess the other three.

A pox upon you and your slow ways, UPS.
mitchigo

I just got an msia exia, well qc has been very sloppy now a days,
I had to choose the best one out of 12 in stock to get a decently
painted exia. most of the others had a constipated look on
their faces.

on the other hand it's very pose-able for a msia, bandai
finally started incorporating Emsia gimmicks like shoulder
and feet articulation, very good for a close combat mobile suit.

it's a very great buy considering some flaws, and i'll be
waiting for the GFF version. which is probably better
than it's msia counterpart.

um... does anyone have any problem equipping the GN sword?
ShadowCell

Yes, we've discussed that problem in this thread already. I finally managed to get the GN gun/sword to connect to the Exia's arm, but only by bending the shield that the gun and sword are attached to, to get the peg to fit into the hole in the Exia's arm.

So, uh, kudos for foresighted design on that one, Bandai. D:
Poochi

I was considering getting this over the 1/100 model kit, but now I'll have to think over it.

I guess Bandai is trying to catch up to Revoltech in terms of the articulation on their action figures.
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.