Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors Mk V

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
SNT1

Too bad for me then, because while I personally don't mind retools (The Strike MGs don't bug me much), I just dislike Mono-eye retools clogging up my MG line :P
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Deus EpS Machina

SNT1 wrote:Too bad for me then, because while I personally don't mind retools (The Strike MGs don't bug me much), I just dislike Mono-eye retools clogging up my MG line :P
i can relate to this completely. I dont mind retools of neat designs like Strike, but obscure Zaku variants just cuz its easy? Come one Bandai. If you wanna do UC retools, why not do something like a Gelgoog Jaeger, something that never has gotten a MG and looks downright menacing.

Bah, i predict at least three more Zaku variants this year, just cuz Bandai can.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Kratos

Personally, I think it would be awesome to have a MG Hygogg. Seriously, the Acguy and Gogg get the MG treatment, but the Hygogg doesn't? What up with that?
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
vaKuz

SNT1 wrote:Too bad for me then, because while I personally don't mind retools (The Strike MGs don't bug me much), I just dislike Mono-eye retools clogging up my MG line :P
Lol! We are total opposite as I do not own anything SEED MGs, especially the Strikes (my taste buds just aren't in them).

But anyway, outside the MG lines, I do hope for more CCA action in HGUC this year. It seems that re-colors/re-tooling are taking over at the start of 2008, with them SEED Frame Astrays for HGGS and the G-3 vs Char's Rick Dom set. I must admit I do find it quite disappointing.
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
firefox

That zaku 2.0 frame must have costed alot to develop, that bandai is milking it dry so quickly. I wish they would make a new MG RX 79 G 2.0 or a MG providence gundam
In the end, nothing remains
Deus EpS Machina

They wont make a Providence for reason cited on this board many many times already. And teh RX-78 they wont make into 2.0 as the current MG is a pretty damned good kit.
SNT1

vaKuz wrote:
Lol! We are total opposite as I do not own anything SEED MGs, especially the Strikes (my taste buds just aren't in them).

But anyway, outside the MG lines, I do hope for more CCA action in HGUC this year. It seems that re-colors/re-tooling are taking over at the start of 2008, with them SEED Frame Astrays for HGGS and the G-3 vs Char's Rick Dom set. I must admit I do find it quite disappointing.
I find it slightly dissapointing too, but I can excuse Bandai, since 00 kits are in full force. While Tieren 1/100s seem to be a long shot by now I want to see something like Throne Drei in 1/100 form. Everything from that MS is growing on me, from its brief scene in the show to its alien head to its color, possibly its pilot starting this Friday...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Deus EpS Machina

i think this will be a good year for MGs if Bandai can curb the UC rehashes as SEED is over with for the most part, and any 00 MGs will amount to but one release for 2008 (Exia duh). Hopefully we'll get some material from X and Wing, and some Victory stuff. Not to mention all the other memorable designs that never got a release in gunpla ever (at least not in HGUC/MG) like Jegan or GM Sniper II.

Then again, the looming spectre that is RX-78 is something to watch out for cuz after that -2 ver. 2.0, we'll get the recolours G3, Casval's Gundam, etc.

Or i could be totally wrong and Bandai will simply give us UC retools of teh Zaku II 2.0 and RX-78-2 2.0

As for 00 1/100s, i think we're going to start seeing the grunts in that line as soon as Virtue gets a release. Flags come first i bet, followed by the Tierens and Enacts in the end. As for the Thrones in that line, i think its a good bet to expect them since the design for all three are the same with the armament and minor equipment changes. Obscure designs are what you wont get, and i assume the older designs like Helions and Realdos will get just the HG 1/144 release.

What i do hope for is a 1/100 Astraea as that is just one very sweet design. We might get one eventually as its no larger a change than Aile Strike to Strike Noir, in fact its a more simple transition so im keeping my fingers crossed.
lobster

More Zaku 2.0 recolours/retools? That means I can save money for God Mars... :lol:

...until RX-78 2.0 comes along (I don't have an MG RX-78 )
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Blade of the Red Comet

Wow, a Zaku Cannon?? How incredibly.......random. I guess its pretty cool, but I have to agree with a few of the above posters that the constant stream of recolors we tend to get in MG line is really boring. Being a bit partial to the monoeye style, I'm glad their giving the Zaku some lovin...but the Zaku Cannon's head is FUGLY, lol!

Has there been any more news on the MG RX-78-2 2.0 or an MG Exia lately or is the Exia just a rumor at this point still?
~SEED~

what would be Sick Is a Jagd doga MG, Wishful thinking probably
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
vaKuz

Deus EpS Machina wrote:Then again, the looming spectre that is RX-78 is something to watch out for cuz after that -2 ver. 2.0, we'll get the recolours G3, Casval's Gundam, etc.
Another possibility. Even more RX-78s jeez! Even before the 2.0 scheme, there are quite a number of RX-78s in the MG line.
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
auriga

I love to see 1/100 versions of the 00 grunts (Tieren, please), though it worries me that the entrance of the Thrones might push their release further back. But Bandai should at least give us a HG Enact - that's way overdue already.

I think this year is also the year of CCA given that it's the 10th anniversary. Bandai's already churned out the HCM-Pros, the ridiculously expensive plated MG versions of the Sazabi and (the soon to be released) Nu and HGUC versions of the Jagd Dogas and the ReGZ. More HGUCs may be next, and I know some of you have your fingers crossed for a certain big red MG to pose next to your Hi-Nus...

And with regards to recolors, particularly RX-78s, I won't give a damn for as long as we get a Mudrock along the way. Wishful thinking, neh?
Blade of the Red Comet

auriga wrote:and I know some of you have your fingers crossed for a certain big red MG to pose next to your Hi-Nus...
(Look left) You know I do! Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!!

Seriously though, an MG Geara and Jagd Doga are totally in order about now. Not to mention the lack of the Jegan. Sazabi 2.0 would certainly make my year.
Deus EpS Machina

I dont know, but I'm still hankering for a MG Nu Gundam based on the MG Hi-Nu frame and body design. Its mostly baseless wishful thinking but meh.

Realistically, I think CCA could get a good run this year in HGUC with possible releases for Nu, Sazabi, Hi-nu, Nightengale, Jegan, and Geara Doga. Any one of those are wide open for HGUC, but im certain that at the least we're going to get Nu and Sazabi.

For CCA MGs, its a bit foggier i think as Bandai's just re-released Sazabi and Nu so you cant expect much in terms of 2.0s there; the current Nu and Sazabi arent at all bad either. Jegans might see a release, but i think the Yagd Doga has a higher probablity as you can do a recolour with that design very easily and pass it off as a separate release.

As for a MG Nightengale, I still think its a very expensive endevour and that any Nightengale will get a MG Hi-Nuish redesign to cut down on costs and might even help to relate it better to the MG Hi-Nu design.

That aside, I would rather have some AU designs that arent from the CE. I am 100% sure a MG Exia will be out this year but really, we need a non-CE MG before that as once teh AD train starts it wont stop for anything besides the usual UC MG. But thats a tall order as before the MG Turn A...we had 27 odd MGs that were UC and CE, with the last AU MG being Wing Zero Custom.
joelfinkle

Deus EpS Machina wrote:...Realistically, I think CCA could get a good run this year in HGUC with possible releases for Nu, Sazabi, Hi-nu, Nightengale, Jegan, and Geara Doga. Any one of those are wide open for HGUC, but im certain that at the least we're going to get Nu and Sazabi.
Your wish is granted:
Gunota Headlines wrote:MG Zaku Minelayer - March, 4,725 yen
MG MS-06F Zaku II Ver. 2.0 - March, 3,675 yen
HGUC Nu Gundam - March, 2,625 yen
HG Gundam Throne Zwei - March, 1,680 yen
The MS-06F 2.0 is a no-brainer, in fact a yawner. The Minelayer is a surprise -- MSV is getting some depth in the MG world (but still no new tech, and no Guntank). But the HGUC Nu is long, long awaited.

Perhaps when they finish up CCA, they can go back and get those last few 0083 suits, eh?
Heecarl_Reez

Well,they release Nu first as i predicted...

Not,only those from 0083....They should get the ZZ on the line...
Then(hopefully) jump to the Unicorn....

the spoiler one is this...

GN Arms - transforming weapons platform w/ Gundam Exia, March, 5,775 yen...

wow what was that???A D****O---Exia???
Annon Kaies Zi

joelfinkle wrote:
Deus EpS Machina wrote:...Realistically, I think CCA could get a good run this year in HGUC with possible releases for Nu, Sazabi, Hi-nu, Nightengale, Jegan, and Geara Doga. Any one of those are wide open for HGUC, but im certain that at the least we're going to get Nu and Sazabi.
Your wish is granted:
Gunota Headlines wrote:MG Zaku Minelayer - March, 4,725 yen
MG MS-06F Zaku II Ver. 2.0 - March, 3,675 yen
HGUC Nu Gundam - March, 2,625 yen
HG Gundam Throne Zwei - March, 1,680 yen
The MS-06F 2.0 is a no-brainer, in fact a yawner. The Minelayer is a surprise -- MSV is getting some depth in the MG world (but still no new tech, and no Guntank). But the HGUC Nu is long, long awaited.

Perhaps when they finish up CCA, they can go back and get those last few 0083 suits, eh?
I'm confused as to how they are justifying a release for the MS-06F Zaku II. There's already the MS-06J Zaku II out as a 2.0...and they are almost the exact same suit. Am I missing something here?

Anyway, with all of the love that early UC is getting in the Master Grade line right now, it'd be nice to see a Guntank release. I'm not a fan of the suit, but it's a release that's been a long time comin'.
-Annon Kaies Zi
[email protected]

(Avatar made from an Anaheim Machines rendering.)
Wedge14

Not really feeling the mine layer and that F type, but that Zaku Cannon has got me stoked.

i'm gonna go push some useless items my so called loved ones gave me in preparation for it's new home.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Derringer

Annon Kaies Zi wrote:
I'm confused as to how they are justifying a release for the MS-06F Zaku II. There's already the MS-06J Zaku II out as a 2.0...and they are almost the exact same suit. Am I missing something here?
Thrusters and space parts.

The Strike Rouge is 99% identical to the regular Strike, and yet they still released that =/