Colouring eyes

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kurando

Colouring eyes

So what is the best way? (without paint) I though maybe gundam markers black and metallic green would do the job. Anything I should know about it though would be appreciated.
Compass

Careful. Some Gundams don't have green eyes. For example... Freedom! O_o
Zeonic Glory

I find that Sharpies can work well for small details like eyes.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Dark Duel

Compass wrote:Careful. Some Gundams don't have green eyes. For example... Freedom! O_o
Or the original RX-78-2 Gundam. >_<
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deus EpS Machina

I tried many times what OP says...black and metallic green (or whatever colour you choose)...i dont suggest doing this as the metallic paint in the markers isnt all that great in reflecting light and many times the Gundam's head will look as its eyes have been closed.If you want to give it a meaner look, i think you ought to use the foil stickers Bandai provides and sparen the outline of the eyes by simply blackening in the top bit of teh eyes. This way you have the metallic stickers and te eyes look better. Like so: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... h/FC_5.jpg
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Den

hmmm or you could do what one of the clips in bakuc online did, by getting the stickers and using a scalpel, trace the eyes then paint the plastic black first then stick the eye to the plastic part. you could ask the site from a person here with the name ~SEED~, he is a member of that site, and then after you go to the site they have this really good tutorals for building your kit.
SNT1

I would just use the foil stickers, really. Or, use black paint around the eyes, silver for the eyes themselves, then a clear green on top of it.

Yes, I went there. I actually adviced paint even though the OP doesn't want paint, but it's still far easier than painting with a marker. :roll:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Kurando

Compass wrote:Careful. Some Gundams don't have green eyes. For example... Freedom! O_o
Green was more of an example. I take much care and thought about even tiny color details so ya, I know

Thanks for the help people!

I may try paint but I sorta suck with paint. Even worse than the fact that the paint I have sucks for gunpla (Don't bother advising me for good paints for gunpla ect. I already know the main ones which Im not personally bothered to order good paint that I may just suck with)
SNT1

I may try paint but I sorta suck with paint. Even worse than the fact that the paint I have sucks for gunpla (Don't bother advising me for good paints for gunpla ect. I already know the main ones which Im not personally bothered to order good paint that I may just suck with)
Didn't we all, at one point or another? :wink:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Kurando

SNT1 wrote:
Touche (lol) very true. But for now, Id rather not screw up my models. Maybe I will just stick with the sticker unless (hopefully) anybody else has any good ideas.
lazidude999

coloring it with gundam markers shouldn't be too bad. Just shade in the black part first and then paint on the eye color. Do it carefully.
Zeonic Glory

ZG has the ability to consistently fail epically :P
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Kurando

lazidude999 wrote:coloring it with gundam markers shouldn't be too bad. Just shade in the black part first and then paint on the eye color. Do it carefully.
Which Green would be good? Somebody said metallic green isn't good for eyes. Should I paint everywhere black first or only paint around the eyes black and leave the actual eyes alone till I paint them green/whatever color?
valkyriepilot

i think it would be better if you leave the eyes themselves as is and just paint around it the black, after which that is the time you apply the actual eye colors themselves. :)
Kurando

valkyriepilot wrote:i think it would be better if you leave the eyes themselves as is and just paint around it the black, after which that is the time you apply the actual eye colors themselves. :)
Probably better the other way around. If you paint the eye first THEN paint around it black. Since if you do the black area around the eye's first, you may accidentaly get green/whatever color on it when you do the eyes after.
lazidude999

I use gundam eye green gundam marker for the green eyes and it looks great.