Strike Noir: MG or HG?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
lazidude999

Strike Noir: MG or HG?

The HG strike noir is pretty good for an HG and for the price. Is the MG that much better other than the fact that it comes with two more guns?

While you're add it, what about 1/100 HG sword and force impulse compared to the 1/144 HGs? they are practically the same.

Also, is it a good idea to get action bases 1 for all my models or just get it for the MGs and certain ones I like?
Dark Duel

With regards to the Noir, and having seen both: YES IT IS. The level of detail on the MG is insanely high, much moreso than the HG in my opinion. And the really great part is that it's a much sleeker, more agressive-looking rendition than the HG, which looks a tad clunky by comparison.

I say if you can afford the MG, go for the MG.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Tafumi

I have the 1/100 SEED Grade Sword Impulse and I have seen display models of the it's HG brother. But, I haven't built said model yet. Haven't built any since my air compressor broke and I've been too lazy to buy the replacement parts I need for it.

But from what I've seen of display models, the parts themselves, and other assorted aspects, it seems to pretty much just be a bigger version of the 1/144 HG with a few extra details here or there. Thats about it. No clue about the Force and/or Launcher Impulse but I figure it's about the same.

The SD Force Impulse is kind of neat though. If you're into the SD scene and all.
Blade of the Red Comet

Re: Strike Noir: MG or HG?

lazidude999 wrote:The HG strike noir is pretty good for an HG and for the price. Is the MG that much better other than the fact that it comes with two more guns?
MG. I personally don't have it since I already have the MG Aile Strike and MG Strike IWSP and can't bring myself to get yet another Strike model in the Noir...even though if I had the choice I'd prolly pick the Noir over the other two....ANYways, based on my knowledge of the MG Strike's frame and the level of detail I've seen on Dalong.net's review for the Noir I'd say go for the MG version.
lazidude999 wrote:Also, is it a good idea to get action bases 1 for all my models or just get it for the MGs and certain ones I like?
I <3 Action bases. You will too. Definitely get one if you're gonna get the MG Noir though.
firefox

MG off course, if you can afford it.

A MG version is always extremely better then any 1/144 HG, 1 suggestion doh: as the MG strike noir does not come with a stand buy an action base 1 to put it on.
In the end, nothing remains
auriga

A MG version is always extremely better then any 1/144 HG
That's not always the case. The HGUC Acguy is heralded - even by Bandai - to be better than its MG counterpart.

But in this situation, go get the MG Noir.
firefox

auriga wrote:
A MG version is always extremely better then any 1/144 HG
That's not always the case. The HGUC Acguy is heralded - even by Bandai - to be better than its MG counterpart.

But in this situation, go get the MG Noir.
I don't se how the 1/144 HG acguy can be even better then the MG witch is considered to be one of the best MG's to date, the 1/144 HG doesn't come with a complex inner frame, has less posability then the MG, has nor the clear display parts, nor even a stand.
mcred23

It's opinion. I know there are some kits that I feel a 1/144 scale version of is better than a MG or 1/100 or whatever. Reguardless, the idea that "A MG version is always extremely better then any 1/144 HG" is BS and untrue.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
firefox

mcred23 wrote:It's opinion. I know there are some kits that I feel a 1/144 scale version of is better than a MG or 1/100 or whatever. Reguardless, the idea that "A MG version is always extremely better then any 1/144 HG" is BS and untrue.
I don't think it is, it's only true if you compare a really old MG modle with a brand new state of the art 1/144 HG, in that case it might be true, but that's like comparing dogs with cats. If you take two modern versions to compare, the MG will always be better (but off course at a price).
I recently build the "old" RX 78 Ground gundam, even if it is old and has less posability then it's brand new 1/144 HGUC counterpart, it still way better to look at with all it's details and decals. SO to surpass an MG you need to watch even older kits.
mcred23

firefox wrote:I don't think it is, it's only true if you compare a really old MG modle with a brand new state of the art 1/144 HG, in that case it might be true, but that's like comparing dogs with cats. If you take two modern versions to compare, the MG will always be better (but off course at a price).
Again, that is your opinion and you are more than entitled to it. However, that does not make it fact. You may think the MG will always be better for whatever reasons, but not everyone will agree with that statement (I personally do not agree with it).

That said, there is no point in discussing that further. We will now get back to the topic this thread is intended to discuss, the MG and HG Strike Noir kits, otherwise it will be closed.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
SNT1

I don't think it is, it's only true if you compare a really old MG modle with a brand new state of the art 1/144 HG, in that case it might be true, but that's like comparing dogs with cats. If you take two modern versions to compare, the MG will always be better (but off course at a price).
I recently build the "old" RX 78 Ground gundam, even if it is old and has less posability then it's brand new 1/144 HGUC counterpart, it still way better to look at with all it's details and decals. SO to surpass an MG you need to watch even older kits.
I can say with certainty that the HGUC RX-78-2 is miles better than the MG 1.0, or even the MG Ver 1.5. Protip: MG doesn't always mean better. Usually, the newer iterations of an MS are better in terms of subjective attributes, i.e. poseabilty, overall quality, fit, etc...

In keeping with the subject, I have an HG Strike and an MG. I thought the MG was better in terms of said attributes----including detail. HG's proportions are ugly anyway, so MG is the better choice.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
firefox

SNT1 wrote:
I can say with certainty that the HGUC RX-78-2 is miles better than the MG 1.0, or even the MG Ver 1.5. Protip: MG doesn't always mean better. Usually, the newer iterations of an MS are better in terms of subjective attributes, i.e. poseabilty, overall quality, fit, etc...

In keeping with the subject, I have an HG Strike and an MG. I thought the MG was better in terms of said attributes----including detail. HG's proportions are ugly anyway, so MG is the better choice.
probably true, but nobody in their right minds will buy these the MG 1.0 or even 1.5 in standard colors if you can buy teh ver. Ka or the even better OYW version for about the same price (give or take a few 100yen), bandai better stop production of those old versions.

MG strike is awsome and indeed way better then it's 1/100 counterpart, only drawback is that it only comes with ailepack (or IWSP) and not teh sword or launcher.
Destiny Freedom

One good thing about HG Strike Noir is that it has more Striker packs to exchange with the other Strike based MS HG. For me if I have not buy th eHG Strike Noir HG first and if money is not my problem, then I will choose the Mg verison.
Kurando

MG for sure. I think the HG looks to...how should I say... clunky.. compared to the actual lineart, But to be honest I think this with many other 1/144 HG models anyways. MG looks much more detailed and looks much more like to the anime lineart of the strike noir
auriga

MG looks much more detailed and looks much more like to the anime lineart of the strike noir
Eheh?

MGs are based on linearts done either by BEE-CRAFT or (even) Katoki. An MG release is almost always preceded by a lineart overhaul. Same thing with the MG Noir; BEE-CRAFT did their own version of the lineart.

And oh, while the MG Noir is miles better than its HG counterpart, I don't like it when others put it down more than necessary. I'd say the HG Noir is the best product of the HGGS line.
Kurando

auriga wrote:
MG looks much more detailed and looks much more like to the anime lineart of the strike noir
Eheh?

MGs are based on linearts done either by BEE-CRAFT or (even) Katoki. An MG release is almost always preceded by a lineart overhaul. Same thing with the MG Noir; BEE-CRAFT did their own version of the lineart.

And oh, while the MG Noir is miles better than its HG counterpart, I don't like it when others put it down more than necessary. I'd say the HG Noir is the best product of the HGGS line.
Ive seen the MG lineart beforeand yea it does have a diffrent style to it but it's less noticeable when made as a model. The HG noir was cool and all but looked too chubby compared to the original to me. While the MG has a slight diffrent style to it, I still think it looks closer to the original
Derringer

HG

Costs less, and doesn't have the odd job proportions of the anti ship swords and the backpack.