Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors Mk IV

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Gone Astray

Dynames review

It looks rather good, and seems to have superb leg articulation. Too bad it lacks ignited beam sabers, though.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
lobster

Gone Astray wrote:Dynames review

It looks rather good, and seems to have superb leg articulation. Too bad it lacks ignited beam sabers, though.
I love the wrist joint, just love it.
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
SNT1

1/100 Exia and 1/100 Alteisen runner shots up on Hobbysearch.

Sad thing, for Alteisen, is that they appear to be of the same quality (my first impression). Maybe Bandai is just better than Kotobukiya. That 1/100 Exia looks good; relative to the 1/144 offerings, at least.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Deus EpS Machina

SNT1 wrote:1/100 Exia and 1/100 Alteisen runner shots up on Hobbysearch.

Sad thing, for Alteisen, is that they appear to be of the same quality (my first impression). Maybe Bandai is just better than Kotobukiya. That 1/100 Exia looks good; relative to the 1/144 offerings, at least.
man, rephrase that, i didnt get a word of it :/
Why is Bandai better than Koto?

As for the difference of the 1/100 and 1/144 Exia...the 1/100 has posability i expect on a MG, iv seen loads of threads about it elsewhere with people showing it off in yoga-like positions...

It also has new panel lines not found in animation or the HG...
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... artfg2.jpg

I just wish the 1/100 had thinner legs like the HG.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
SNT1

What I'm saying is that the fact that the Exia seems to be better-designed than the Alteisen, despite being more than twice as cheap. It looks as if the Alteisen is just a blown up version of the 1/144, while the Exia is already looking like a Master Grade (along the lines of the 1/100 Astray, if not a step above)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Laevatein

SNT1 wrote:What I'm saying is that the fact that the Exia seems to be better-designed than the Alteisen, despite being more than twice as cheap. It looks as if the Alteisen is just a blown up version of the 1/144, while the Exia is already looking like a Master Grade (along the lines of the 1/100 Astray, if not a step above)
To be fair, the 1/100 Alteisen is not only physically larger than the Exia due to its height and bulk, it also has features the 1/100 Exia doesn't, such as LED lights and a prepainted Kyosuke figure :lol:

Still, the Exia still seems more like bang for your buck in comparison to the Alteisen's offerings.
SNT1

The figures and light-up are both turn-offs for me (if thats the reason this 1/100 is the cost of a big Master Grade)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Deus EpS Machina

I know what SNT1 is speaking of...Koto's kits regardless of scale are way more expensive compared to their Bandai cousins of teh same scale. !/100s of koto may seem ok considerring theyre a way between a NG 1/100 of Bandai's and Bndai's MGs, but the 1/144s seem waaaay to overpriced at ~3000 yen
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
asterphage

Deus EpS Machina wrote:It also has new panel lines not found in animation or the HG...

I just wish the 1/100 had thinner legs like the HG.
If I remember correctly, the 1/100s are based on the original artists' designs, before they were revised and simplified for animation. There were a set of designs for all four Gundams, in color, published in a recent Hobby Japan, and they resembled the 1/100 line art much more closely - and Takayuki Yanase's style was particularly evident in his designs. Whether or not the color designs in question (I'll add a pic as soon as I get home from work) are the "prototype" drawings for the anime model sheets, then I'd still assume that the 1/100 kit designs are a revision like the Master Grade and Perfect Grade Strike Gundams, which skewed closer to the original Junichi Akutsu drawings.
-Paul Segal
Vectorspace

From Gunota:
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
This month's hobby mag news

MG Gundam Ver. 2.0 - Under development, multi-color mold, core system, G-Armor linkage
MG MS-06R-1A High Mobility Zaku II Ver 2.0 - Black Trinary colors, 4,725 yen
HG Tieren Taozi

Also currently under development is the next MG after the Gundam Ver. 2.0, which is said to incorporate some kind of new technology.
Homeless

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
SNT1

thanks for the update.
MG Gundam Ver. 2.0 - Under development, multi-color mold, core system, G-Armor linkage
HG Tieren Taozi
:evil: What the -bleep?- The OYW wasn't good enough? Multi-color mold---the return of system injection? :evil:

And another Zaku (expected.) MG 2007 had a much better start.

I'm not so hot about the custom Tieren too, as it loses its original tough grunt look. But the Custom Flag above it is something :)

What am I talking about, 2007 had so much awesome gunpla that my list wouldn't allow for more new kits.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
firefox

another MG RX78.... i do not want to deprive fans of their favorite gundam, but they just got the OYW version which in my opinion was a 2.0like MG. This is getting very boring, there are tons of other MG's that await a MG treatment or a 2.0 treatment that are in worse shape then the origional gundam...they only hope is that they can uwe teh basis of thois 2.0 to create GM variants for it...

The zaku trinity was alwas my favorite in term of coloring, and the 1.0 is so old and outdated this MG i like, i hope it comes with extra's. Although i am hoping for a seed zaku warrior in MG version

A pink Tieren, it's getting into a habbit of recoloring a mass production suit in pink. For the female fans? ;)
In the end, nothing remains
Homeless

firefox wrote: For the female fans? ;)
Certainly not this one. :?
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
vaKuz

Vectorspace wrote:From Gunota:
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
This month's hobby mag news

HG Tieren Taozi

Also currently under development is the next MG after the Gundam Ver. 2.0, which is said to incorporate some kind of new technology.
That'll make it the 6th RX-78 in MG format (excluding special editions) isn't it? They could have include the G-Armor with the OYW TV version and call it a day I guess. I'd rather new engineering technology in older kits like the GPOs, Goufs and Doms for that matter. But I am also curious about this whole "new technology" in this Gundam 2.0
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
Laevatein

vaKuz wrote: But I am also curious about this whole "new technology" in this Gundam 2.0
The "new technology" is for the Master Grade AFTER the RX-782.0, not for the RX-78 itself.
vaKuz

Laevatein wrote:
vaKuz wrote: But I am also curious about this whole "new technology" in this Gundam 2.0
The "new technology" is for the Master Grade AFTER the RX-782.0, not for the RX-78 itself.
I misread it :?
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
Koshernova

I was just taking a look at Dalong's scans of the Exia 1/100 manual... wow. The original lineart is amazing. I thought the design was quite complex, but the original lineart, which the model is based on, is simply stunning.

I really hope they come up with a nice MG version of it, the design really warrants it. There's something almost Katoki-ish about the detailing.
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
DarkWarrior

2008 will be the year of recolors and 2.0s.. bleh. Oh well, better for my wallet at least.
asterphage

asterphage wrote:
Deus EpS Machina wrote:It also has new panel lines not found in animation or the HG...
If I remember correctly, the 1/100s are based on the original artists' designs, before they were revised and simplified for animation. There were a set of designs for all four Gundams, in color, published in a recent Hobby Japan, and they resembled the 1/100 line art much more closely
Here's the lineart for the 1/100 Dynames:
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 085yh6.jpg

And here's all four in color:
http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 025oa9.jpg
-Paul Segal