Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors Mk IV

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
vaKuz

firefox wrote:
vaKuz wrote:I vote MG Destiny SE to be the MG boxart of the year!
although i do not want to temper any enthousiasm, i doubt this boxart is the one for the S.E. version, looking at the size and form of teh box, this is probably the boxart for the normal MG destiny, the S.E.- boxart will be rectagle in the other direction. As with Strike freedom S.E. we also didn't get to see the S.E.-boxart till the very last minute.
Lol, well then regardless, i still think that boxart is indeed boxart of the year in my books :lol:
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
artmaster079

With this new Gundam vs Gundam game coming out, does anyone think that they may use this opportunity to make models out of units that appear in the game?

For instance, this will be Turn A's second appearance in a recent game, and it recently got a MG.

As we all know there are many units in the game that haven't gotten a decent HGUC or MG form yet. Is this a possibility or am I thinking too much here?
Last edited by artmaster079 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

Sometimes it depends on how successful is the game, then Bandai will release some of the products in the long run. Then again, Bandai might release suits on the spot to hopefully boost up sales. Regardless of which, Bandai always surprise the heck of us all. Best is to wait and see.

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
Heecarl_Reez

Victory,and X...still waiting for the mg version...Hope gundam vs Gundam will help them come into mg family... :D

For the Destiny boxart,i think they will use the scene on the Heaven's Base,but they use the 'chasing Athrun' instead...
nevertheless it's still a cool boxart.The WoL is kinda strange but still cool...
great..
Destiny Freedom

The Destiny MG SE look extreme good. I'm decide to buy it even though I have a Destiny 1/100(this way I can make Destiny t have 2 anti-ship beam swords and beam cannons). However, the handle end of the anti-ship beam sword look werid and it should have one more effect parts for the other Palma Fiocinas. the beam boomerang effect parts look werid too. I expect it to have the gimmick of teh beam boomerang spinning in circle gimmick. The colour of the WOL is very nice but the WOL could be bigger/longer. Hope the Destiny MG SE have the boxart of it using its Palma Fiocinas. :D
auriga

Just noticed something about the Destiny's boxart... Kinda late, but seeing as nobody mentioned it...

Does anyone hope the Legend in the background is some sort of omen? :twisted: I know I am.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

There's a Jagd Doga in the MG Sazabi box art.
Last edited by James E. 'ZEE' Doyle on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeltasTaii

MG boxes and manuals will often put 1/100 or even with enough effort 1/144 models in with the Master Grade in question. Case in point would be the appearance of Freedom in the MG Strike manual, or Duel, and Buster in the Strike IWSP one.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

There were some illustrations in the PG Strike manual which might have led some to believe that PG Buster and Duel were right around the corner, too.

While I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai does this sort of thing deliberately, such inclusions are not a reliable means by which to gauge future releases.
~SEED~

James E. 'ZEE' Doyle wrote:There's a Jagd Doga in the MG Sazabi box art.
And woe be to thou who thinks that there shat be a Jagd Doga MG.. :P
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

I think it's significant that Bandai chose to do the JD in 1/144 first. An MG is going to be entirely dependent on how well those sell, in my opinion.

Personally I've never liked it, and I can't be the only one.
~SEED~

true. i just do not like the design of the kit. Its like a retarded sazabi
talking of sazabi...
A new MG sazabi will be coming out in winter Its an Extra finish kit.
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
lobster

Arrr you beat me to it.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10064236

CCA fans, are you satisfied? :evil:
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

As someone's daddy used to say, "you can't shine $#!%."

Give us a 2.0, do it right this time, and then we'll talk.
Deus EpS Machina

New plamo news
From Hobby Search:
MG Unicorn Gundam Ver. Ka - December, 5,250 yen
MG Sazabi (Metallic coating ver) - December, 14,700 yen

From Happinet Online:
HCM-Pro Hi Nu Gundam - December, 4,410 yen
HCM-Pro Gundam Kyrios - December, 3,150 yen
HCM-Pro Gundam Virtue - December, 3,990 yen
1/100 Gundam Exia - November, 2,415 yen
1/100 Gundam Dynames - December, 2,415 yen
HG Gundam Virtue - December, 1,575 yen
BB Senshi Sonken Gundam - November, 525 yen
BB Senshi Ryofu Tallgeese - December, 2,100 yen

Looking forward to the 1/100 Exia and HCM-Pro Hi-Nu...wonder which design they will use for the Hi-nu, the new refined Izubuchi one, or the classic...
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Annon Kaies Zi

I find it interesting that they are labeling the Unicorn as "Ver. Ka" when it is a Katoki design to begin with. I believe they also did this for the Crossbone Master Grade. Is there a reason why this is done? Are they slight redesigns, so he labels them (almost incorrectly) as Ver. Ka? Or is it done just for promotional reasons, to try and sell more of the kit?
-Annon Kaies Zi
[email protected]

(Avatar made from an Anaheim Machines rendering.)
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

In the case of the first Xbone kit, Ka wasn't the original mecha designer for the F97. Thus the modifier.

If the actual Unicorn kit comes out with a "ver.Ka" label, then I'll be surprised. For now I'll chalk it up to the vague possibility that this information may not be entirely accurate.

Though it could make sense as an addition to the sporadic, and arguably separate MGvK line. But no more than the Wing Zero Custom would have.
DeltasTaii

It probably makes it part of the MG Ver.Ka line, yeah. Different boxart and manual art style, and supposedly the production is overlooked by Katoki, ala the GFF line, as opposed to him just pounding out some lineart. There are a ton of non ver.Kas based on a Katoki rendering of an MS.
artmaster079

As far as I remember, "Ver. Ka" was always personally supervised by Katoki himself. Anyway, it's gonna be interesting to see how the Unicorn is going to pull of the transformation.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

auriga wrote:Just noticed something about the Destiny's boxart... Kinda late, but seeing as nobody mentioned it...

Does anyone hope the Legend in the background is some sort of omen? :twisted: I know I am.
Same goes for the Geara Doga (destroyed) on the Hi-Nu MG box. :lol: don't think i'll see any Doga action on MG at the moment.