Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors Mk IV

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
valkyriepilot

joelfinkle wrote:
valkyriepilot wrote:at 2800yen*, i should say the BWS is included, even the Hrairoo which is also quite a big kit sells for much lower price (1760yen*)
You misunderstood -- I wasn't sure if the base is included, based on seeing the BWS perched upon it. A lot of the promo photos show the action base, but I think the last HGUCs to include a base were the GP02A and the Asshimar, right?
oh, sorry bout that, i stand corrected on that point.

i guess it's bandai's way of selling more of their action bases then :P
artmaster079

Chances are, the Zaku II R will come with parts to make any one of the three Black Tri-Star models. Which would be cool.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

artmaster079 wrote:Chances are, the Zaku II R will come with parts to make any one of the three Black Tri-Star models. Which would be cool.
Are they different? The MAHQ reference for the MS-06R-1A doesn't mention them getting customized by each ace.
Neo-Era

duke4799 wrote: I really like this new Zaku! Does it come with all three of the figures, though? e.i. Gaia, Mash, AND Ortega? Or did that say they were random packed?

I'm also wondering what kind of a weapons load out we can expect from this guy? The last first version had some NICE weapons, as did the BTS Zaku I.
It comes with 2 versions of all 3 Tri-Stars: standing and sitting for the cockpit. The armament listed in the promotional flyer: Zaku machine gun, Zaku bazooka, heat hawk and giant bazooka-type bazooka attachment.
Gunota Headlines: Daily Gundam newsblog
The New Adventures Of Tomino-sama: Not-so daily Gundam parody webcomic
duke4799

Ah! So the figures shown are not the 1/35 scale figures that came with the MG BTS Zaku, MG BTS R-Type, and MG Dom... I see

Not a terrible weapons load, I'd like to see a re-vamped sub machine gun like the first release had, but with this articluation and superb detail, I think I'll manage with out it.

I love the Black Tri Star, they are my favorite characters (less the CRAPPY English voice acting of coarse... What made them deside to give them Southern/Redneck/Slackjawed voicing). After all, they were the team that captured Revel!
joelfinkle

Does not appear that this model supports the *ahem* *spoiler* armorless mode reported in NewType (via Gunota Headlines -- for further detail go there). Still, this is the first 00 model that's on my buy list.
Gone Astray

The Virtue model does give some indication of the alternate mode with that backpack, though--the cannons can be handheld, and it seems that the backpack is removable (although I can't quite tell if that's the GN cone in the final assembly page of the instructions due to the quality).

And hey, this one has clear beam blades!
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
badarsemother3k

Reldn wrote:
auriga wrote:Agreed; variants are where the money is. And that's exactly what I want. :twisted:
Amen to that! A GM Sniper II Ver. 2.0.........That would be a dream come true.

Now, a Zaku Kai 2.0 {Even though, it'd be the first MG of it...Effectively making it a 1.0 with 2.0 fea.....I'll stop :P} That's more than a dream come true! I'd be in Master Grade heaven!
I would pay perfect grade prices for either of those kits. I still keep my non grade zaku kai on my desk. I would also love more ex kits. Mobile armours need more kits.