Gundam 00 Kits

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kiggz

Gundam 00 Kits

Hey just wondering has anything been release for this series yet i know the show is not out yet but just wondering if they released a main model or something like that any info on this subject ?
Annon Kaies Zi

http://aqwaqwa.com/Gundam00/Gundam00-Main.html#Gunpla

That has information about the models. Basically nothing is out until September, a month before the series airs.
-Annon Kaies Zi
[email protected]

(Avatar made from an Anaheim Machines rendering.)
Kiggz

HEY NICE... Thanks 4 the info my friend i cant wait for this series :) fresh new start im glad seed is done with (except the next movie)

I didnt really like the series i thought they had cool gundams i just was not into the characters or atmosphere of there outerspace i thought they got to emotional with that series.

Gundam Wing was a good atmosphere shoot em up get it done style no breaks really lots of action and missions and even good normal mobile suit battles i think they will take more of an aproach like this in the new series they are making.

Gundam 00 shall be great.
Ravager

Here are the models:

http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/2007/ ... 4,0,0.html

And this is courtesy of Hyakushiki:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212 ... 035765.jpg

Personally, the designs are not bad, but their heads look weird, 3 out of the 4 llook reeeally anorexic while the GN drives on their back really turn me off. Though the 1/100s could still save the day.[/list]
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
BlackOpsElf

The proportions are always a little off on the 1/144s. I'm hoping that the HCM-Pros look a little less malnourished.

Are these the no-grade kits, or the new "HGCore" ones?
Ravager

Probably HGCore ones, since i don't think Bandai debuts Gundams from a new series through NGs.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Orbits

Does Katoki design the Gundams from 00?

Looks like his style.
Kiggz

Ah thank you for the pictures.

I think these great they look decent atleast i am shure these gundams will grow on us soon i didnt like them at frist now i think they are kinda cool i bet when we start getting deep into the plot and story line of Gundam 00 we will start to enjoy the designs alot more.

Im not so shure about the 4th Gundam it looks 2 fat :P

I hope thats just some extra armor and not its main form it looks kinda stupid.
firefox

One has to take into account that this series is there to attract a new younger public, even younger then the Seed generation, so I have my reservations on the "deeper story".

As model kits count we should get better detailled pictures in august
In the end, nothing remains
jnhchan

I think seed generation is young enough. Now, Bandai want to attract even younger!? God, then i don't except any good comment from old fans...
Blade of the Red Comet

jnhchan wrote:I think seed generation is young enough. Now, Bandai want to attract even younger!? God, then i don't except any good comment from old fans...
Wow...a younger demographic than SEED's?! I...I really don't know what to say except that I was hoping for something more this time around...

As far as the models and the designs of the Gundams are concerned, they are growing on me. The Exica has these wied chicken legs that I'm not too fond of, and I really don't like the "green bow" on the front of the Dynames skirt armor. The Kyrios is pretty cool, the angle of the only pic od the mobile armor form isn't great so I can't comment on that but the mobile suit form is cool. I really like Virtue, though. The bulkiness gives me fond memories of the GP02a from 0083 or Bolt Gundam from G Gundam.
lobster

Where can you find the Kyrios in MA form?
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Ravager

One cannot help but find the Dynames to be similar to the Aegis.
I think seed generation is young enough. Now, Bandai want to attract even younger!? God, then i don't except any good comment from old fans...
Are you sure? I remember Bandai saying Gundam 00 was intended to target high school/college students as opposed to Seed targeting kids/primary/high school students
Blade of the Red Comet

lobster wrote:Where can you find the Kyrios in MA form?
Scroll down a bit and you'll see a rough screenshot of it in MA form.
http://www.aqwaqwa.com/Gundam00/Gundam00-Mecha.html
Heecarl_Reez

well,october will be a great month,exia HCM pro and HG,heh,which should i choose?
BlackOpsElf

Ravager wrote: Are you sure? I remember Bandai saying Gundam 00 was intended to target high school/college students as opposed to Seed targeting kids/primary/high school students
http://aeug.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_arc ... 7851165842

"The write-up says Gundam 00 will differ from Gundam SEED in that, according to Bandai President Kazunori Ueno, the 4 main characters will appeal not only to female fans gained with the previous Gundam, but to male fans who prefer harsh outlooks of the world."

So, it looks like teenage girls and high school age/college age guys?

Also, in reference to the "female fans gained with the previous Gundam", I also remember someone saying that 30% of the final Zeta Gundam's movie audience was female, which was unheard of for a mecha anime. Still don't know how they are going to sell model kits to the majority of teenage girls, though...
Ravager

I thought adults fit more in the "prefer a harsh outlook of the world" category. Still, i'm not arguing. So far, Gundam 00 looks like a Wing rehash and ripoffs of Gundam Seed (four starting Gundams, one Gundam missing, one Gundam has an MA mode, one carries all the big guns).

Gunota released new information on Gundam 00 models. It seems there's an FG and HG. I think the FG would be No Grade in nicer terms and that maybe those pictures of the models are actually FG ones because i hope HG will give us more details.
BlackOpsElf

If these are the HG quality ones, I'll probably only pick up the HCM-Pros and MGs of the suits I like.
Vanishing Meteor

BlackOpsElf wrote:Also, in reference to the "female fans gained with the previous Gundam", I also remember someone saying that 30% of the final Zeta Gundam's movie audience was female, which was unheard of for a mecha anime. Still don't know how they are going to sell model kits to the majority of teenage girls, though...
probably because Kamiru looks a little better on the movie version than of the series version, and by the way, he didn't get his brain fried by Scirocco, which would kinda mess up ZZ's storyline, which we should just get back on the topic in mind....

its a good thing its a Katoki-based design rather than BEECRAFT (mg turn a was from a beecraft design XD).. FG seems like just a no grade kit, with bandai giving it a nicer name to label it. I just hope that bandai doesnt rush the mgs,hgs, and even the msias, since rushing the designs kinda messes up the image and playability (msia) of the kit or fig.
"There's no point on blaming on who's right and who's wrong, all there is left to do is hope and wait for tomorrow to come."
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

The MG Turn A concepts were done by Katoki, not BEE-CRAFT. The Excia et al are not Katoki designs either — his name has only been mentioned with regard to the 00 Region figure line. The mecha designers for the show are a bunch of people I've never heard of before.

As for the 00 designs themselves, I think they're horrid. They don't even look like mobile suits anymore. Terrible, terrible, terrible stuff.