A few misc. questions

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Random_GM_Pilot

A few misc. questions

1. Do you guys think it's likely that we'll see a B-type Gelgoog release in the HGUC line? I mean, we already have Char, MP, and the Gelgoog Cannon, so I don't think it's too farfetched. Besides, Ridden is fairly popular, IIRC

2. I've been thinking of getting an MG GM Custom and painting it gray with a shark mouth along the edges of the head near the visor (inspired by a pic that I no longer have on me). Would the decals from the Ball shark mouth version be good for this or not?

3. Is there any sort of conversion parts to turn the Powered GM HGUC into a stock GM Kai?

4. If I'm not worried about the Rick-Dom conversion, is it worth buying the Triple Dom HGUC set?

5. I'm looking for suggestions for a paintjob project for either a Zaku II or Gouf. I'll be working with the HGUC, and I've been wanting to try a new scheme on an older suit. Just the normal Zaku II or Gouf, though. I'm not really confident enough to attempt to make an R-1 or R-2 type Zaku or anything.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
mcred23

Re: A few misc. questions

Random_GM_Pilot wrote:1. Do you guys think it's likely that we'll see a B-type Gelgoog release in the HGUC line? I mean, we already have Char, MP, and the Gelgoog Cannon, so I don't think it's too farfetched. Besides, Ridden is fairly popular, IIRC
And particularly given how similar the B-type backpack is to the C-type (Remove the cannon... and that's it), and the love for recolors and Johnny Ridden, it does seem like a posibility at some point in time.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
asterphage

Re: A few misc. questions

Random_GM_Pilot wrote:1. Do you guys think it's likely that we'll see a B-type Gelgoog release in the HGUC line? I mean, we already have Char, MP, and the Gelgoog Cannon, so I don't think it's too farfetched. Besides, Ridden is fairly popular, IIRC
I think it's ridiculous that they decided not to include both B and C type backpacks with the HGUC, after the Master Grade and Zeonography figure both included them. Obviously Bandai wants us to have an incentive to buy a HGUC Ridden's Gelgoog if they make one, but this seems awfully petty - after all, they just released the Zaku I and Black Tri-Stars' Zaku I without making one of the accessories exclusive to the ace pilot version.
2. I've been thinking of getting an MG GM Custom and painting it gray with a shark mouth along the edges of the head near the visor (inspired by a pic that I no longer have on me). Would the decals from the Ball shark mouth version be good for this or not?
I doubt it- a Ball's "face" is much bigger than a GM's. What you should do is look for shark-mouth decals for model real-world aircraft - there's a big military modeling community out there and you can probably figure out what scale and type of markings would fit.
4. If I'm not worried about the Rick-Dom conversion, is it worth buying the Triple Dom HGUC set?
Well, assuming you get a fair price for it, you do save about ten bucks from what it costs to buy three HGUC Doms seperately. If you want to build three Doms, it is cheaper.
-Paul Segal
Ravager

3. Is there any sort of conversion parts to turn the Powered GM HGUC into a stock GM Kai?
If i'm not mistaken, the GM Kai exists in the HGUC line as the GM Command Colony Type.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

Not quite the same design. I've seen one GM Kai bashed from Powered, Striker and Command parts, but it's still not accurate per se.
Ravager

I was under the impression that the GM Kai and GM Command are one and the same with different names for different shows.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
vaKuz

GM Kai differs slightly, as GM Kai and GM Command/Space/Cold Districts are not one. They are under different development branch. Like GM Ground Type and GM Command, another analogy.
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
mcred23

Ravager wrote:I was under the impression that the GM Kai and GM Command are one and the same with different names for different shows.
No way. The GM Kai and the GM Command (and GM Command Space and GM D-type "Cold Climate" mentioned by vaKuz) are all different MS (Although the Command and Command Space are, quite obviously, very similar). The GM Kai is, however, very similar to the RGM-79[E], which it is based on.

Ravager

I see...no wonder the GM Kai didn't have beam rifles THREE years after the OYW when the MP GM Commands were toting around beam rifles during the OYW. Sounds like a backstep to me.
mcred23

Ravager wrote:I see...no wonder the GM Kai didn't have beam rifles THREE years after the OYW when the MP GM Commands were toting around beam rifles during the OYW. Sounds like a backstep to me.
A number of reasons. The GM Kai was designed and built during the OYW and could only use beam spray guns (Or slightly improved versions of them) and the Federation issued them with the somewhat-better 90mm bullpup in place of those. Besides, what the GM Commands used wasn't really a beam rifle, it was more of an intermediate; not quite a beam spray gun but not quite a beam rifle either (Which is why it's called a beam gun).

Ravager

Oh. But then, if the Feds had beam rifles in Operation Stardust, it would've been better when fighting in space with them.
mcred23

Ravager wrote:Oh. But then, if the Feds had beam rifles in Operation Stardust, it would've been better when fighting in space with them.
They didn't have any beam rifles in widespread use during Stardust, and it's not until 0085's GM II that their grunts get a true beam rifle.