SV-51... in June?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Jak Stoller

SV-51... in June?

So, I don't see much else but Gundam on here, but I thought i'd do some selfless promotion work.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00063

Ivanovs SV-51... the machine looks spectacular, and if its anything on par with the YF-19 I picked up, the detail will be pretty top notch. I just hope the GERWALKER mode is better done on this one.

Anyone else planning on snagging this when it comes out?

--Jak
Xanatos11

Im nto too familiar with it. Was it one of the ones from Zero? It reminds me of the pinkish one in the first episode. Ive seen all but the last of that series.

However, it does look very neat. Ill consider picking it up. How different is it construction-wise from Gunpla (I assuming your experience from the VF-19 could answer this). Or is it more like a Hasegawa kit? I would DEFINATELY be interested in the VF-19 kit if its more like Gunpla, thats one of my fav mechs ever.
Jak Stoller

Yep, its from Macross Zero. One of the Anti-UN units, piloted by Ivanov who is kinda hinted at to be Roy Fockers instructer.. or something like that.

Its made by Yamato, the same folks who did the YF-19, so I'd expect pretty decent construction, my 19 holds its form and has detail down to seems and rivets, its also got good stiff joints and a transformation that is one of the most show accurate made. its got a few problems, like the transformation is very picky, but other than that its darn good.

It is not a model kit though, strictly toe, lol.

--Jak
razgriz

i like how it has a very sukhoi-ish look to its design with its fluid curvature, its a counterpoint to the f-14 based vf series
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!