Blu Duel & Verde Buster HG 1/144

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
exxecutor000

Blu Duel & Verde Buster HG 1/144

Just to have some opinion from you.

Is it worth to buy? especially if we already have Duel Assaultshroud and original Buster?
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
firefox

Buster verde is an excellent, sturdy model,
blu duel has alot of decals to apply, or if you want to paint it, it's a little nightmare, cause there is alot to paint! in very tiny places, beside that it's a super cool new version of duel, the only thing that bothered me when i made it was that the gun under the shield is poorly placed, it's in the way when you pose the model.
In the end, nothing remains
ShadowCell

Eh. Not really.

They have all the necessary parts to make the regular Duel and Buster. The extra armor is tacked on in such a way as to limit poseability, and at any rate, they use the original HG 1/144 Duel and Buster as bases, unlike the Strike Noir, so there's no improved joints or anything.
vaKuz

IMHO, I'll choose both. But if i were to choose only one, I'd pick Verde Buster. It's cooler, extra arments. Echoing firefox, the blu duel really needs a paint job (unless stickers are your friends). But overall I'd give Verde B. a thumbs up for good concept and upgrades.
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
Ravager

Just get both...they're dirt cheap and both are excellent, cool designs. I haven't got a Blu Duel myself but Verde Buster is my second Gundam model and it was a blast to pose it around.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Gone Astray

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say that both were nice little kits, although the Blu Duel's shield/gun combo can't more past a certain point due to its construction and limits posing a bit.

And as ShadwoCell said, they use the original Duel and Buster kits in their entirety, so if you lack either of those and get tired of the improved versions, you can easily convert them.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
GorFrag

I got both, they're nice to mix and match parts since they include all the parts for the basic ones plus the new parts for the movie ones.
Derringer

The actual Buster and Duel that were upgraded vary slightly from the originals, but Bandai opted to reuse the old molds, which is why the Blu Duel model comes off looking more bulky than it should.
Ravager

I got both, they're nice to mix and match parts since they include all the parts for the basic ones plus the new parts for the movie ones.
The actual Buster and Duel that were upgraded vary slightly from the originals, but Bandai opted to reuse the old molds, which is why the Blu Duel model comes off looking more bulky than it should.
Are you guys talking about the upcoming SEED movie having upgraded Duel and Buster?
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
wilcosu35

no, they're talking about the models: they are built upon the old Duel and Buster figures, with some new parts to form their Verde and Blu versions.
Ravager

Ahh i see... i do prefer having the original Buster's head rather than the Verde's "cage".
exxecutor000

Thanx for your opinion :D . Here's my personal view:

Both Blu Duel and Verde Buster use the basic Duel and Buster kits. So, no advanced construction as in Strike Noir. Quite disappointing :( . But, still, I will get them both because of:

Blu Duel: the retractable beam pistols, the thrusters layout at the back, and the beam rifle which I can give to Strike Noir (I already have one from the basic Duel) 8)

Verde Buster: the new composite beam rifles, plus the face cage :wink:
Ravager

So, no advanced construction as in Strike Noir.
What do you mean by advanced construction? As in, totally different from their original forms?
valkyriepilot

Ravager wrote:
So, no advanced construction as in Strike Noir.
What do you mean by advanced construction? As in, totally different from their original forms?
i think what he means is that, unlike the hggs strike noir which is a totally different design from the original hggs strike, the blu duel and verde buster are just the same duel and buster under all that additional armor and add-ons :D
Ravager

The Blu Duel maybe, but the Verde Buster cannot make the combination gunlauncher like the Buster
exxecutor000

Got my blu duel :D

As I don't like stickers (they prone to peel off)... I touch up with some gundam markers and do panel lines. A lot of painting required compared to Strike Noir.

It looks good... and muscular. I really like the retractable beam guns :wink: The only flaw is the beam saber holder: it just cannot hold securely. Will have to mod a bit.
Derringer

Ravager wrote:The Blu Duel maybe, but the Verde Buster cannot make the combination gunlauncher like the Buster
Yeah it can. The verde buster model kit comes with all the original Buster pieces. Just don't put on the Verde Buster pieces.