MG Zaku to Borjarnon?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
saneman

MG Zaku to Borjarnon?

You know with the Turn A coming out, I decided to buy a Zaku II 2.0 J-Type as well and convert to Borjarnon.

So far this conversion will deal with considerably more green/olive color to repaint the Zaku, and perhaps some blown, rust to give the kit worn look.

Then two things came to my mind:
1. Is it possible that Bandai, to squeeze money out of fans, will release a MG Borjarnon?

2. If I were to build a Borjarnon, what kind of modifications will I have to make?
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
Lert

If I look at the lineart of the Borjarnon on MAHQ, it has a slightly more rounded / 'childish' / 'comical' look to it than the Zaku II (So, different outer armor) but I'm sure Bandai would 'find' other details that are different.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
saneman

Lert wrote:If I look at the lineart of the Borjarnon on MAHQ, it has a slightly more rounded / 'childish' / 'comical' look to it than the Zaku II (So, different outer armor) but I'm sure Bandai would 'find' other details that are different.
Well, if I make my own Borjarnon, it will have to be mostly about the color changes, because I've no skill to reshell the entire kit.

Nor do I thnk Bandai would spend so much to do that.
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
GorFrag

The bigest difference is longer skirts on the Borjarnon vs the curent Zaku 2.0
"Kamille! Kamille!

That's interesting, since there are no color changes. Only thing signifying it as a Borjanon and not a Zaku are the more traditionally-MSG proportions.