Metal MG?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
saneman

Metal MG?

I was talking with one of my friends today about MG 100, and toys in general. Then he said something about the MG Nu's die-cast and hope that some day MGs would have more metal parts.

Would that be a good thing? The price would jump the sky to have more metal in MG but aside from price, would you guys be happy having more metal in MG?

Or even all metal MG Gundam 3.0 (out when hell freezes over)
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
Annon Kaies Zi

While not Master Grades, they have two partial-metal figures out that are 1/100 and very high quality. They have an RX-78-2 Gundam (Version Ka) that looks like it's almost completely metal. It's a Gundam Fix Figuration Metal, #1001.

There's also a metal Turn A Gundam. It's about half metal. But very, very nice.
-Annon Kaies Zi
[email protected]

(Avatar made from an Anaheim Machines rendering.)
Duo

Well there are only three parts that are die cast in the construction of the MG Nu.

There hasn't been any other metal, aside from screws, in MG's that I'm aware of.

I wouldn't want an all metal MG... the cost would be obscene, and it's be hard to work with since there aren't very many cost effective tools to work metal with.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Zeonic Glory

There is also the 1/00 Nu Gundam kit (the non-MG one). That has 4 or 5 parts of diecast metal in it.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Lert

Woo ! \m/etal ! *headbangs*

Wait. What ?

I like metal parts in my gunpla as long as they help stabilise the suit. Like the metal leg-attachment-piece in the PG Mk II - does wonders for it's center of balance and those stability / posability.

So, metal parts ? As long as they're functional, and not a gimmick.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
Oruma

One concern would be the sturdiness of the joints however. Even if they are metallic themselves, the joints will have a hard time supporting the limbs and weaponry, and probably shortening the "life" of the GunMet(-al) toy.
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

I'm all for making high-stress, easily breakable components such as hip and shoulder joints out of metal whenever possible, regardless of scale. I wish this was standard procedure, in fact, and would gladly pay a little more for it.

Using metal for anything that can be seen, on the other hand, strikes me as counterproductive. While I realize that the MG Nu's metal ankle blocks were mainly there to provide stability, they kind of look like ass. The old 1/72 Layzner line included die-cast firearms which looked even worse.

So I'd say more metal, but don't play against the strengths (literal and otherwise) of the material.
Paragon

James E. 'ZEE' Doyle wrote:I'm all for making high-stress, easily breakable components such as hip and shoulder joints out of metal whenever possible, regardless of scale. I wish this was standard procedure, in fact, and would gladly pay a little more for it.

Using metal for anything that can be seen, on the other hand, strikes me as counterproductive. While I realize that the MG Nu's metal ankle blocks were mainly there to provide stability, they kind of look like ass. The old 1/72 Layzner line included die-cast firearms which looked even worse.

So I'd say more metal, but don't play against the strengths (literal and otherwise) of the material.
I agree wit what James E. 'ZEE' said I had already broken my new MG Strike Freedom and HG Stargazer at the Hip. (Had to buy new one for This two model)