What is the best MG (1/100) RX-78-2 Gundam

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Xanatos11

What is the best MG (1/100) RX-78-2 Gundam

Ive always wanted to build a classic Gundam, especially an MG one. However there are SO MANY! I have no idea which one to get. I like the detail in the OYW version but I dont like the "worn" color tinting. I like the extras that come with the 1.5 but it seems to be fairly dated nowadays.

I was holding out for them to announce the 100th MG. I sort of expected it t be the RX-78 (who didn't) so i was planning to get it if it was.

So what is your favorite MG or 1/100 (Im also interested in the other models but I really want one to go with the new MG Char Zaku II v2.0) Gundam. I appreciate any advice or guidence. Especially because Im heading out to my local model shop this weekend.

Also, just a side note. What is this TV version OYW Gundam? I havnt heard any details or seen any pics, but if its the OYW without the tint than that looks to be the best, but who knows when that'll come out.
yukikaze

the OYW is your best bet. based upon possability, detail, accesories, etc.... the ver. OYW is the best. the only downside: NO CORE FIGHTER. thats pretty much it. the new recolor is in the standerd color (think ver. 1.5), so it will not be in that icky faded scene (PINK FEET). im not sure when it comes out, some time between chars gelgoog and the turn-a. maybe ealier.....
PlasticFrog

Re: What is the best MG (1/100) RX-78-2 Gundam

Xanatos11 wrote:Also, just a side note. What is this TV version OYW Gundam? I havnt heard any details or seen any pics, but if its the OYW without the tint than that looks to be the best, but who knows when that'll come out.
TV version OYW is your best bet. As I recall, it's scheduled for July release, and it'll be 200 yen cheaper than the regular OYW. (3200 yen vs 3000 yen)
Most recently purchased: MG Hyper Mode God Gundam
Most recently finished: SD Verde Buster
Supposedly working on: HG Exia + Astraea
Lert

As for the color thing: Just drop some paint on.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.