Official MG Turn A Gundam Thread (Poll: Will you buy it?)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.

Do you plan to get the Master Grade Turn A Gundam?

Poll ended at Thu May 24, 2007 6:14 pm

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 43

Annon Kaies Zi

Official MG Turn A Gundam Thread (Poll: Will you buy it?)

Post by Annon Kaies Zi » Thu May 17, 2007 6:14 pm

Just wanted to see how many people were considering buying the Master Grade Turn A Gundam when it is released. While it doesn't seem like a popular design amongst regular anime viewers, it does seem to be popular with hardcore Gundam fans. So I wanted to see how many people here were really interested in it being the 100th Master Grade model.

If you vote, please take time to explain your answer. Do you like the design? Do you only like the suit because you like the series? Do you absolutely hate the design?

Also, not really part of the poll, but would you considering buying a Master Grade Turn X model if Bandai releases one? Again, try to explain your answer.

As for my answer: I will defiantly be picking up the model. While the suit had a strange design to me at first, I grew on it very quickly when I started to watch the anime a few years back. It's one of those designs where you don't really respect it until you see it in action. The strange parts of the suit make sense after actually seeing it animated. The Turn X I've liked from the start, so I would love to see Bandai make a Master Grade of it. While it keeps the same design principles of the Turn A Gundam, it takes away some more awkward aspects of the design (such as the mustache). Plus, who will keep my Turn A Gundam company?

-------------------------

The poll will last for one week. Then it will be closed. This will also become the "Official MG Turn A Gundam Thread."

What we know so far (will be updated as information comes):
  • The model is planned to be released 08/2007.
  • The model will be based on the anime version (so it's not a Ka design or anything).
  • The model will come with removable chest missiles (because of this, the chest will also open...as expected).
  • The frame on the back of the legs will have some sort of linked join movement.
  • The core fighter will be detachable.
  • It will come with standing and seated Loran figures.
  • The chest will be able to convert from the white cross (Syd Mead's original design) to the regular blue version.
  • Comes with a rifle, shield, Gundam hammer, and two beam sabers.
  • Comes with a cow figure, as seen in episode 8.
  • There was a contest that ran in Japan, where people could guess what the 100th Master Grade would be. Bandai will select 100 random people of those who guessed correctly, and they will receive a gold-plated version of the Turn A Gundam.
Prototype of Turn A Gundam Master Grade

Some notes:

-This is NOT the Master Grade. This is a modified 1/100 Turn A Gundam made by Seira Masuo. Better image.
-This is NOT the Master Grade. This is the regular 1/100 released a few years ago.
-This is NOT the official MG box art. Either fan made or Minovsky particles did it.
Last edited by Annon Kaies Zi on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
-Annon Kaies Zi
[email protected]

(Avatar made from an Anaheim Machines rendering.)

Duo

Post by Duo » Thu May 17, 2007 7:43 pm

Well with 7 votes so far and only the original post up, I guess I'll talk about it.

Well, I've never seen Turn-A. I do plan on seeing evenually, it's just hard to get into AUs sometimes... Well... lemme rephrase that. It's hard to get into a series that isn't the one that you were introduced to. For me, it was Wing. God knows I love Wing. After seeing that and going into UC 0079 it's almost like a system shock. I realize that animation was the late 70's early 80's, but I almost just said screw it, but decided stick with it.

The same with SEED, I couldn't get into it because of my work schedule at the time, but I love some of the model kits. Just putting the kits together is making me want to see more of SEED rather then the reveiws that it's gotten.

The Turn-A will turn up in my collection because #1) it is MG #100, and #2) As I stated building models peaks my interest in a series. and #3) It's a unique design and an AU design, they just don't get any love Except SEED with 10 total kits in MG (that's counting the special versions too).

It will be fun to assemble, but the panel lines will kill my hand and my panel line markers... Hopefully all the seams fall into the panel lines, but I just don't think that will happen with how it's designed. We'll see... I can't wait.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Thu May 17, 2007 7:45 pm

YES I WILL. My first MG purchase will be the almighty WHITE MUSTACHE!!!
A design that's so unique, it's AWESOME.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

lalahsghost

Re: Official MG Turn A Gundam Thread (Poll: Will you buy it?

Post by lalahsghost » Thu May 17, 2007 7:54 pm

Annon Kaies Zi wrote:
  • chest will also open...as expected).
  • The frame on the back of the legs will have some sort of linked join movement.
Those slats are officially called/considered louvres. so moveable/?openable? slats. The 1/100's pushed in and out to show reaction to vernier takeoff, or whatevers.... I hope they move in and out a little bit better this time.

Zeonic Glory

Post by Zeonic Glory » Thu May 17, 2007 8:14 pm

I'm definitely getting it. Even though I'm only on ep 4 of Turn A, I know what its capable of and like the design. Plus, a mech like this ought to make an interesting build...
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.

ulnhyrr

Post by ulnhyrr » Thu May 17, 2007 8:24 pm

Yep. Although I haven't been much of a fan of the kit, I did enjoy the series, and it has sorta grew on me. They're giving us the frigging cow for god's sake. How can you not want this. :D

SNT1

Post by SNT1 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:33 pm

As much as I was rooting for the AUs to get #100, I won't be getting this, not in the near future. Too much other MGs higher on the priority list, plus Alt 1/100.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/

valkyriepilot

Post by valkyriepilot » Thu May 17, 2007 8:40 pm

definitely getting this kit ;) it's a very unique design that as most people said, grows on you, and bandai breaking free from the standard MG designs should prove very interesting :D

DarkWarrior

Post by DarkWarrior » Thu May 17, 2007 9:32 pm

Undecided at this point. I would like to see an actual prototype before making a decision. I mean, am I the only one that was disappointed that Bandai hyped up the 100th MG, but on the big day they had nothing to show except lineart? Bleh. :roll:

That being said, I have to agree that the Turn A design definitely takes some time to get used too. For me, it took a couple of years. :lol:

Kokopelli

Post by Kokopelli » Thu May 17, 2007 9:38 pm

I don't think I'll be getting it. I already have a Turn A fig that looks perfectly nice. Plus I have a backlog of kits and have gotten a little tired of Bandai kits. Now the Turn X that'd be another story........

Does anyone think that the sales of the Turn A will be high because it is #100 or because of fan appreciation?

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Thu May 17, 2007 10:58 pm

My first non-'V' head gear Gundam. I might hide the core fighter. I could cause some child to have development problems if they know where is the fighter located.

But my main conver is posing. Will the new frame as strong and flexible as the MG's skeleton?

saneman

Post by saneman » Thu May 17, 2007 11:58 pm

The kit looks solid, and I will buy it. But I think given with Bandai, recent tinkering with Molds, perhaps I will wait few month to do that.
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson

Formula 91

Post by Formula 91 » Fri May 18, 2007 12:53 am

I will get one. Unique design gives the engineers something totally different to shoot for. Aside from the mustache, it is a really cool suit.

PlasticFrog

Post by PlasticFrog » Fri May 18, 2007 1:23 am

I'm definitely going to get it.

1. While looking rather strange at first, it really is very nifty design (the phallic Core Fighter notwithstanding).

2. As a consumer, I want to reward Bandai for not taking the easy route and releasing another RX-78-2 for this milestone. Bandai took a chance with this one, and I congratulate them for it.

3. I'm really curious how Bandai is going to handle the no-frame nanomachine thing.

:)
Most recently purchased: MG Hyper Mode God Gundam
Most recently finished: SD Verde Buster
Supposedly working on: HG Exia + Astraea

Derringer

Post by Derringer » Fri May 18, 2007 2:09 am

Definitely. MUST SUPPORT TURN A!

Also, they could EASILY make a Turn X using the Turn A's basic mold, and you bet I'd get taht too

pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

Post by pk-man » Fri May 18, 2007 2:35 am

I also wonder how they handle the internal part of the kit since Turn A is hollow inside. Too bad it won't include the drill. (yes, i know it belongs to another suit.)

Nagi

Post by Nagi » Fri May 18, 2007 3:09 am

One of the rare chances for me to support Turn-A in Bandai's native language ($$$ese) instead of merely coating it in thick amounts of critical praise at every possible junction. So yeah, I'm definitely getting this kit. After being rather disappointed in the Crossbone X-1, this also just might be the thing that restores my faith in Master Grade model kits, too.

ahall89nhl

Post by ahall89nhl » Fri May 18, 2007 3:15 am

I will be getting this A.S.A.P.
I love the design and the series
the Turn X I don't really like as much but I would buy it anyway since it's from Turn A

wilcosu35

Post by wilcosu35 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:16 am

although i have yet to see the series, i wil definetely be picking up this model :D when i first got into the bigger world of gundam, i didn't really like the Turn A's design, but it's grown on me. of course, i will also but the Turn X if they release that one. something that powerful needs an adversary.

firefox

Post by firefox » Fri May 18, 2007 3:45 am

I will not buy it, not because it's ugly, because there are far more ugly things in UC, but you just cannot buy everything and this just is very far far down the want list, especially with the rumored destiny MG comming.
In the end, nothing remains