SRW OG Kotobukiya Kits?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Time Diver

SRW OG Kotobukiya Kits?

Where can I buy 'em from? I was browsing around HLJ and I always end up with jack.

Oh, and assuming that HLJ has them, what keywords should I use for the search button, since I'm out of ideas what to type in. Typing in Super Robot Wars/Taised garners me with no results, and, last time I typed in 'kotobukiya' I ended up with half naked female anime figures. x_x
SNT1

1. Go to www.hlj.com
2. Click "Sci-Fi" on the top menu
3. The left hand pull-down menu will ask for "Series Name", "Item Type", and "Maker"; just choose "Super Robot Wars", "Injection Kits" and "Kotobukiya"

or better yet, click here
Time Diver

Thanks alot! ! ! Huckebein, here I come! 8)

Edit: By the way, how are the kits? My experience on modeling is only limited to the Bandai Gundam kits, and I'm kinda wondering if there would be a major difference - - i.e. manuals not being as simple to follow as Bandai's; quality ain't as good; and etc.
Wedge14

Dalong Has slowly been trying to get reviews for them, they're under Kotobokeee or however its spelt. I haven't built on myself but they seem to be of pretty good quality by the pictures he has published.[/url]
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
SNT1

Kotobukiya needs more 1/100 SRW. Having amassed SEED 1/100s and MGs I really don't feel like shelling out for 1/144s, no matter how awesome they are.

Interested in R-1/R-3 to be made in 1/100.
Time Diver

Most of my collection is 1/144 anyway, so I'm actually delighted by that.

So, is it safe to say that:

Bandai is to Gundam as Kotobukiya is to SRW OG? :?:
SNT1

Yeah, and hopefully it stays that way. As much as I love Bandai I do not want them holding a monopoly on robot plastic kits.

I realized that we have gone offtopic and this should be locked, but then again I really don't think we ever had an SRW thread like we did HGUC threads and MG threads, so bah, I'll just let this one stay open.
Time Diver

$25.00 for my Huckebein? Holy crap....

I've never shopped in HLJ before, do they include some sort of tax, more specifically, import tax? I usually do my online shopping in gundamstoreandmore, and since I their prices are right off the bat, I never worry about getting taxed.
Samster

You we're expecting something cheaper? No, no import tax or anything, that price is just the MSRP off the box.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
Time Diver

Samster wrote:You we're expecting something cheaper? No, no import tax or anything, that price is just the MSRP off the box.
Just surprised that their 1/144's cost more than most of Bandai's HG 1/144's, thats all.

Also, I meant, asides from shipping, will get any additional charges when you order, such as taxes?
Samster

I would attribute their higher prices to the fact that they don't produce in such high volumes as Bandai would and can. As for taxes, that all really depends on where you live. Products under certain values, e.g. $20 for where I am, are tax free while items valued more than that get taxed. HLJ won't charge you for that though the customs agency for where ever you are may.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
Poochi

Time Diver wrote:Thanks alot! ! ! Huckebein, here I come! 8)

Edit: By the way, how are the kits? My experience on modeling is only limited to the Bandai Gundam kits, and I'm kinda wondering if there would be a major difference - - i.e. manuals not being as simple to follow as Bandai's; quality ain't as good; and etc.
Here's a few opinions: http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=4575

The Alteisen kit I bought a few months ago was atrocious. There wasn't a single part of the body that didn't have some flaw in it. A lot of the parts were too loose and had horrid seamlines. The smallest movement would result in a flap or something falling off. Overall, it's much less sturdy than the Bandai kits I've built. I disliked it so much that I didn't bother completing the model.

Of course, this is the Alteisen model that was originally released years ago and recently repackaged, so MAYBE the quality is better with newer kits like the R-1 and R-2, but online reviews for SRW kits aren't easily found.

Oh, and if you consider buying the Hucks you should be prepared to repaint the whole model. The blue plastic looks terrible.

If only Volks would mass-produce their models instead of making them limited/event editions: http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/srw_og/index_srw_og.aspx
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
Mark064

If anything Kotobukiya has tremdendously improved as I picked up their Daizengar and it's much better. However this model doesn't have some minor flaws. I personally think they really needed to add some metal to balance the whole thing out. Other then the the hands especially the ones to hold the Zankantou are amazingly stupid. They are held together by almost nothing so even moving the Zankantou will have it fall apart. It's easily fixed with glue though, I added glue to a few other areas as well to pieces that are held togehter weakly. Other then the kit was not some amazingly frustrating chore where pieces poorly fit. The colors of the plastic are good too and overall accurate so there is very little that needs to be painted. So overal I really like it. And if this is their standard now it's quite an improvement over the Weissy.
Loran Cehack

I own two SRW kits, the Weissritter and the Huckebein, and I have to agree, their old kits are pretty bad. I built the Weissritter first and thought, "This thing is awesome!". Then I built the Huckebein... and I thought, "This... isn't very good.". I second painting the entire kit. The blue plastic doesn't come off the runners very well.

I'd advise not buying any kits made before the R-Gun. The kits have been gradually improving since then.

I'm also glad to hear the DyGenGuard kit is good... I'll have to look for one next month.
Kokopelli

Unfortunatly the Alt and Wiess are the designs I like the most. Hopefully one day I will get one and try to get over the flaws.
SNT1

If I'm reading this right, people were put off by older Kotobukiya SRW's because of poor fit.

With glue, this should be eliminated for the most part.

I like these two robots, they need to be 1/100'd.
Mark064

While glue can fix some of the massive seam lines you'll have to do other work while building so you don't have the urge to smash it due to the whole poor fitting of parts.